Scarper

developer
Countermeasures against forbidden modifications.

83 posts in this topic

In January, an additional 438 users were permanently banned for using third-party modifications in violation of the user agreement - use of prohibited modifications. (EULA).

Recently, we introduced a system of reports based on replays. With its help you have not only reported suspicious players but also you have improved the modification detection algorithm. Such an algorithm is based on a machine learning system which allowed us to detect almost all remaining players who use forbidden modifications (even if they had not yet been reported).

The specific patterns that we used are based on the difference in behaviour of a player who uses only “fair” information (real visibility) from the client and a player who also has server-side information on his monitor (such information contains more data). We have implemented this algorithm in a very conservative way, in order to avoid false positives. Every suspicious player was also checked by our employees after he had been detected by the program.

We will continue to improve our algorithm and will make sure that your gaming experience remains comfortable.

The War Thunder Team

Wow, that's way more users than I thought would get put into the list last month...it's unfortunate to see that people actually try to use these 3rd party applications. :/ 

Although! It's great to see that action IS being taken against these users, I'm sure many will be happy to see this.

Edited by TheElite96

Just now, CrossEyedN00b said:

Is there a way to tell if a player reported by me has been punished or was I wrong?

We dont give any information like that regarding bans or chat bans to players.

18 minutes ago, Scarper said:

In January, an additional 438 users were permanently banned for using third-party modifications in violation of the user agreement - use of prohibited modifications. (EULA).

Great job guys, thanks :good:.

Keep at it guys and great work! The battlefields just got a little more safer ;)

Awesome, ran into a blatant cheater last week and I think half the people in our team reported him. (when someone can kill myself and two others by literally shooting through a entire forest, you know what's up).

Quite sad so many people are cheating though, espcially with a game that's not quite as mainstream population wise and has modes where using your brain and finding people is half the fun.

I mean, all they're proving is what complete tossers they are.

25 minutes ago, *Tadz_ said:

Awesome, ran into a blatant cheater last week and I think half the people in our team reported him. (when someone can kill myself and two others by literally shooting through a entire forest, you know what's up).

Quite sad so many people are cheating though, espcially with a game that's not quite as mainstream population wise and has modes where using your brain and finding people is half the fun.

I mean, all they're proving is what complete tossers they are.

~440 is not much at all compared to the typical server population.

right now they are 60000 players online.  440 is just ~0.7% of that.

and 0.7% is not much at all.

Edited by Iron_physik

It would be nice if the visibilty anti-cheat didn't annoy legit players so much...

But for the other systems, great work. I think we can get loosen the visibility system now that better anti-cheat algorithms have been implemented.

34 minutes ago, OrsonES said:

You could do something like Valve does in CS:GO, informing that someone that you have reported has been banned, so that people knew wheather they actually do something good and they should keep reporting people or they are vasting the admins' time looking through the reports.. But oh well. Everything is fine as long as you guys keep cheaters away :)

Good work, nice to see a real change cleaning up the game from cheaters! props  :good:

my question now is that does Gaijin check your hardware of cheats or is it solely based on replays? 

32 minutes ago, CokeSpray said:

Keep at it guys and great work! The battlefields just got a little more safer ;)

Hehehe...

I just remembered something... Ya' know...

Good work guys

3 minutes ago, TyphoonCro said:

Hehehe...

I just remembered something... Ya' know...

Good work guys

;)

13 minutes ago, r0lt0ns said:

You could do something like Valve does in CS:GO, informing that someone that you have reported has been banned, so that people knew wheather they actually do something good and they should keep reporting people or they are vasting the admins' time looking through the reports.. But oh well. Everything is fine as long as you guys keep cheaters away :)

You can always put a suggestion on our forum in proper section or check that players by ourself on our website :)

I have write down the names from the players that i have reported. I reported 2 players and both are BANNED! It's nice to see that the reports are usefull.:good:

3 minutes ago, ZetiAlpha6 said:

I have write down the names from the players that i have reported. I reported 2 players and both are BANNED! It's nice to see that the reports are usefull.:good:

As @OrsonES said, you don't know if they got banned or not. They don't tell us ;) 

1 hour ago, OrsonES said:

9 minutes ago, ZetiAlpha6 said:

How can you check that?

14 minutes ago, TheElite96 said:

As @OrsonES said, you don't know if they got banned or not. They don't tell us ;) 

But you have the names you can see it at the profile on the homepage.