*daschmidtza

Yaw and pitch not assigned in preset controls

Anyone notice pitch and yaw settings show not assigned im only able to fly in mouse aim and if i set it manually the plane doesn't fly right...presets have been like this for months now any suggestions? 

20170110_171451.jpg

Edited by *daschmidtza
Wanted to provide a visual

I think Yaw and Pitch is not assigned in the preset controlst. You will have to assigne them youself before you can use them. > That´s what i did..

21 hours ago, *daschmidtza said:

Anyone notice pitch and yaw settings show not assigned im only able to fly in mouse aim and if i set it manually the plane doesn't fly right...presets have been like this for months now any suggestions? 

20170110_171451.jpg

I think why you say the plane doesn't fly right is that if you use the max values for pitch or yaw the mouse aim will lock and the left stick will work like a free view stick. This will happen really fast if you set a multiplier bigger than 1 on any of the axis. Try using a less than 1 multiplier or don't pull too hard on the stick.

The default has those not assigned although I thing that if you assign them you'll get better precision in aiming at the cost of the lock of mouse aim with larger movements of the left stick. I honestly don't use it although I still try it from time to time to see if I can get the best of both.

Edited by *sardinha08
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Mine have never been setup with the default I have always had to add them manually.

War Thunder_20170124222422.jpgWar Thunder_20170124222319.jpg

I have mine on a double setup like this, that way I can hold r1 to stop the instructor interfering when I wish to fly upside down and keep my bombers flying when they suffer minor damage like having the tail controls shot up.:D

War Thunder_20170124222302.jpg

Yup you have to set them up manually. Always have as far as i can remember..

If you'd already done it I think they got reset to not assigned when the boat controls were added.

Things like this happen from time to time when new controls are added or existing controls modified.

Sometime it depends how you set your controls up in the first place as to whether they get reset or not. That is maybe you youse modified default, imported a different preset, used the wizard or cleared all controls and composed them manually.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

I know i had it set perfectly before the boat controls were added but i didn't take any picks for future reference and i just cant get them right my plane either moves like a snail or flips over when i want to turn. I wish i could use the hotas 4 outside of sb but i feel like im at a huge disadvantage to people who can point and click. I tend to earn a ton of sl in rb then spend them in sim because I have a hard time keeping track of enemies in a dog fight and it usually ends bad lol.

yer sometime the hat switch is a bit awkward to use..try plugging a mouse in and using that for view in battle. use left or right mouse button to activate it.

medal medal medal medal medal medal