12 posts in this topic

Well guys few days ago CIA released 16 millions of files that go from 1941-2016.

In these files i've found that some German Planes that we tough that was never build in fact was the example is the EF-132.

Two of them was build and send to Russia to Trials and Stuff (See EF-150)

https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/search/site/ef-132

126842221.jpg

ciafile1.jpg

ciafile2.jpg

ciafile3.jpg

ciafile4.jpg

ciafile5.jpg

Ignore

Edited by alexmcguiness
Ninja

5 minutes ago, zSektor92 said:

this have some defensive armament??? i can see something like cannons in the tail...

Just behind the canopy, there is a small flat defensive turret.

On the first image, it is armed with 4x13mm, and on the other images 2x20mm.

Edited by alexmcguiness
Correction

it says a mockup was built, I don't see anywhere saying it was flown

37 minutes ago, zSektor92 said:

this have some defensive armament??? i can see something like cannons in the tail...

3x2 20-mm MG 151/20 remote-controlled turrets, one behind the cockpit, one below the cockpit and one in the tail.

So, this basically means somewhere in the Kreml archives we can find two original sources so this baby can come into the game?

3 minutes ago, Stahlvormund101 said:

So, this basically means somewhere in the Kreml archives we can find two original sources so this baby can come into the game?

Yes, since US Government knew that two was built and Russians got their hands on them, see last picture that will explain about them.

1 hour ago, MagicUnicorn said:

Yes, since US Government knew that two was built and Russians got their hands on them, see last picture that will explain about them.

The last page you posted a photo of is from a different document, that confused me. The first document, the four page one, says on page two that the performance chart is for the mockups... I don't know how you can get performance from a mockup but ok.

looking around I found this, https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP82-00457R013400180010-7.pdf
under "activities at OKB-1: various types of aircraft" is it written:
"There is no information available on the EF-132, which was probably worked on at various places. (redacted) a dummy model of this type which was designed for a range of 5,000 km. The wings were swept-back in the first third, swept-forward in the second third, and straight in the outer third. Five different profiles were designed for the wings. (redacted) this aircraft was "an insane idea created during the postwar confusion."

Edited by Hunter12396

1 hour ago, Hunter12396 said:

The last page you posted a photo of is from a different document, that confused me. The first document, the four page one, says on page two that the performance chart is for the mockups... I don't know how you can get performance from a mockup but ok.

looking around I found this, https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP82-00457R013400180010-7.pdf
under "activities at OKB-1: various types of aircraft" is it written:
"There is no information available on the EF-132, which was probably worked on at various places. (redacted) a dummy model of this type which was designed for a range of 5,000 km. The wings were swept-back in the first third, swept-forward in the second third, and straight in the outer third. Five different profiles were designed for the wings. (redacted) this aircraft was "an insane idea created during the postwar confusion."

There's multiples intel reports i know...

(redacted) this aircraft was "an insane idea created during the postwar confusion."

I think this part they are talking about another plane.

Edited by MagicUnicorn

8 hours ago, zSektor92 said:

thanks m8...

7 hours ago, Saltzer said:

3x2 20-mm MG 151/20 remote-controlled turrets, one behind the cockpit, one below the cockpit and one in the tail.

ohh niceeeeeeeeeee...