Drink_Your_Blood

Um... Could we get rid of the respawn point system?

29 posts in this topic

On 1/12/2017 at 1:21 PM, SKuDD3r said:

The spawn system should be in all game-modes IMO.  It forces players to not just play the biggest/baddest tank at the start if you want the ability to come back in another tank if you had a poor start.  If you pick the best tank... and die... then you get punished with only being able to spawn in the SPAA.  

Its a system of balances.... so you choose the heavy hitter and fail... then you are punished.

Realistic tanks is my favorite game-mode.

I agree with this 100% as it is a superior system to the other modes; however,   they need to document it, instruct the player base on its use, use it in events, and refine it. 

Currently most players in the game don't understand it nor take advantage of its capabilities; in addition, it hasn't been touched since its beta event with feedback ignored.  

I sometimes wonder if someone at Gaijin snuck it in as it has been the red-headed step child of War Thunder since its introduction.

Edited by Sidiros

14 hours ago, Sidiros said:

I agree with this 100% as it is a superior system to the other modes; however,   they need to document it, instruct the player base on its use, use it in events, and refine it. 

Currently most players in the game don't understand it nor take advantage of its capabilities; in addition, it hasn't been touched since its beta event with feedback ignored.  

I sometimes wonder if someone at Gaijin snuck it in as it has been the red-headed step child of War Thunder since its introduction.

Well the SP system was the reject system from Tank Sim back in the day.

Personally the spawn system of events was near-perfect, but you should not be able to take out a plane at match start with ground/armored target belts or ordinance.

The few changes I would like to see:

1. Reduction in SP cost of tanks to promote people to play more tanks (it is after all a tank game mode, flying should be a luxury)
  2. Bigger disparity in point cost of light-medium-td-heavy.
  3. More spawn point locations on maps, spawning on points closer to the objectives cost more SP
  4. Increase in SP for objectives and other actions, currently players get knocked out of the game way to fast which makes for lopsided games.
  5. Reduce SP awarded for taking hits... I've seen a heavy tank being hit by 3-4 tanks, and 2 planes and rack up 2000 points.
  6. And the thing I want to have changed the most about realistic tanks.... If the enemy team has 0 tanks left, and only players in planes... end the game.  It is a tank game mode... don't make 18 players sit on a one sided game for 5-10 more minutes while there are a couple airplanes in the sky.  It should treat airplanes as a non vehicle... to reinforce people to pick tanks over planes to prolong the game. (It would also help with queue times by getting people out of games when the game is already decided)
Edited by SKuDD3r

On 19/01/2017 at 4:49 AM, fruchtgummikeks said:

this needs to be rebuild fro mthe ground

1 spawn for random battles (you play one round with a very limited set of "tickets" and a time limit of max. 30mins, so it´s like a round of team deathmatch (like counter strike, world of hitpoints, sorld of swimming hitpoints or whatever "new game" fits into that category, im not really up to date o.O)

on the other side you have the longer battles which way more time and "tickets", typically with unlimited respawns for everyone and often combined with some kind of cap a zone/flag/point to decrese the enemy tickets (like we have here, not not as fast) with sometimes an ability to win when capping all points (because these points acts like respawns, and are not always all accessable or cappable). whatever, the best example of this would be battlefield 1942 (original still best^^) or the other battlefields, cod? and probably these star wars battlefronts (not that familiar with the super new stuff, omg i´m old^^), this fits actually the "enduring confrontation" mode available in the event tab (just just get a ground forces one)

so there is no need for a system that just makes the winning team even stronger (like the arcade planes), when discussing about battle ratings, most people are the opinion vehicles should be rated about their performance, not about how players perform with them, so why support a spawn point system that´s totally different to that?

spawns should be contributet equal to everyone, without their "performance" in that game having any influence on it.

but these small, fast, max. 30min battles would probably get weird when everyone gets unlimited respawns (preferably without getting a crew locket after death like the last event), so it should probybly limited. Arcade has a 3 spawn limit, probably because if not just rushing into the enemy you have a hard time to spend 3 spawns in these (even shorter) battles, thats where we get to 1 spawn is enough and even if you give them 2 or 3, no one that starts as tank should be able to respawn as a plane!

so a limit for "from the start" planes to like 1 per 3 or 4 tanks and put them on a airfield where they need to take off first can´t be worse than it´s now (actually it´s possible to get a plane faster to the tank map with the respawn points and airstart than with starting with one at the beginning, take off and fly your 5-10km to the "map") - of course it depends on the map and some airfield might be closer.

So a game that focusses on small maps with instant action and offers you an unholy amout of respawns (when doing somewhat okish with a plane) causes here and there problems. basically in every match when the enemy spawn is overrun you see people (who died already 3+ times) respawn just to be taken out after their immunity is gone, and 5secs later they will respawn just to die again - there is no point in doing this, it prolongs the battle for the winning team and the guy who respawns 5times just because he has enough points and get killed immediatly will at one point come and cry he has no money because income is so low (because he has to repair 8+ tanks every battle with just doing something else than dying in 2 of them). But if you dont respawn you get crewlock (superior system, somethimes even on tanks that got killed from the enemy omg), its just one huge mess...

ok omg, wall of text and probably a lot of mistakes^^, but my point stands, the respawn point system is a huge mess that causes more problems (crewlock, repaircosts, unrealistic behavior) than it gives advantages and thus it should be removed.

Maybe, but l think it works well now. And l think there should be more tickets and more time and it cost less to respawn, l would love to see a battle with waves of plays battling it out ,and once l'm in a match game on, stuff going to match maker ever 10 to 30mins sitting there watching youtube rubbish instead of blowing stuff up. Plus they just need to change Heavy Meduim and light Tank spawn/respawn costs. You should see more meduim tanks in a battle.Not every tank a TigerH1, IS-2, T92 ect .. Small short matchs would be boring on small little maps , l would love long battles on huge maps with the battle cap on the enemy airfield..