Drink_Your_Blood

Um... Could we get rid of the respawn point system?

45 posts in this topic

The thing is that this is the most annoying part of the game right now, because it is essentially destroying any hope of a good game, if you're taken out right at the start of the game. I'm leaving the game constantly for months on end because of this. Anybody else who thinks at least an alteration should take place?

Left the game on and off for the very same reason. RB with the same respawn system as arcade and everything is peachy. 

33 minutes ago, Drink_Your_Blood said:

I don't know what the arcade's system is (didn't play it in 2 years) but I'll check it out.

3 vehicles (tanks) and that's it.

If you don't like it, don't play WT.

Or learn to play.

BlueBeta (Posted )

1.1.2. Start or participate in flame wars, intentionally derail a topic, or post useless spam messages in moderated areas. 1.1.7. Encourage other users to stop playing the game, or encourage users to avoid purchasing any content from the store, in order to prove a point.

yeah thats sure that the respawn system hurts the game, but its more du to the fact that dead people are allowed to come back.

so remove these respawns all together - no respawn as plane, as aa or as pedestrian, dead people should only be brought back to life at the start of another battle!

#makeworldofrespawnsgreatagain #begoodorrespawn

Put an AA in your lineup and you can always respawn...

My I got killed in my Tiger very early on in a game the other day, spawned in Ostwind, killed 2 planes before I died, and then I enough points to spawn in whatever I wanted, which in this case was a 190 A8

Different Vehicle classes should not share point cost doubling.

You spawn a Medium Tank, then only other medium tanks go up in spawn cost while any other class stays at its initial cost. Heavy Tanks are still high-risk-high-reward type classes but if you pick something weaker and get instagibbed you can still pick something else.

Currently all ground vehicles share point doubling, but bombers, attackers, and fighters each have separated point costs. It wouldn't be that hard to split up different tank classes in the same way. 

I would like to try a dual system.

Spawn Points should be primarily needed to spawn in top or high BR vehicles for Example 6.0 or 5.7 in a 6.0 Match. Lower BR Vehicles need less spawn points. 

Additional I would introduce some sort of hard spawn limit. For Example only 2 respawns per match. With this you could get rid of the spawn point multiplication.

I personally would like to go even further with a crew count as spawn limit. For example you get 15 crewman per battle and when you spawn in a tank with 4 crewman. You have 11 left for the next spawn. With a 5 crew tank you would only have 10 crewman left. And then I would make bailing out a beneficial thing to save your crewman. For example if you have only 3 crewman left for spawn and 2 crewman alive in your tank. Then you press j to bail you will have 5 crewman to spawn a 5 crew tank.

Anyway I think there is plenty of room to improve RB.

I don't know if there really is a good alternative to the system we currently have.  Maybe if we used the 3 spawn system like in the WW2 event, you still need the points to spawn but it puts a cap on the number of vehicles you can take out.  Though it has been stated a few times if you put an AA in your line up you can get tons of points, even just getting hits on enemy vehicles gives you points.

13 hours ago, Drink_Your_Blood said:

The thing is that this is the most annoying part of the game right now, because it is essentially destroying any hope of a good game, if you're taken out right at the start of the game. I'm leaving the game constantly for months on end because of this. Anybody else who thinks at least an alteration should take place?

Not at all, use your brain and dont do stupid stuff, then you won't die "right at the start".

25 minutes ago, StronkTonk007 said:

Not at all, use your brain and dont do stupid stuff, then you won't die "right at the start".

Sometimes though the stupid stuff happens when you're trying to do something smart. Like getting oneshot across the map by some enemy in a position you didn't even consider (even more so due to the invisible tanks bullxxxx).

14 hours ago, Drink_Your_Blood said:

I actually like that respawn system we have with RB a lot. You know that you can take enemies right out of the game if you got a strong start yet equally you have to play careful or you will be taken out very early. It's a high risk, high reward system and the idea that you can "unlock" more effective gear is a great way to control the plane spam we encounter right now in RB in the event.

38 minutes ago, ColdHeat said:

I actually like that respawn system we have with RB a lot. You know that you can take enemies right out of the game if you got a strong start yet equally you have to play careful or you will be taken out very early. It's a high risk, high reward system and the idea that you can "unlock" more effective gear is a great way to control the plane spam we encounter right now in RB in the event.

so and if you could not respawn at all you can be less careful?

its just now when you die come back in a aa, thats most likely even more effective at killing tanks than the tank you just died in lol

no respawns, or at least no mixed ones (until they get totally removed), so you have too choose air or land - i found no source a tank crew actually went to an airfield after their tank was destroyed to get a plane and bomb they tank that just knocked them out...

same goes for these "wannbe elite sim players", crying for realism whenever they can, but none of them want to miss respawns (wich are the most unrealistic thing in the non arcade modes, directly followed by the new world of hitpoints spotting mechainic)

23 minutes ago, fruchtgummikeks said:

its just now when you die come back in a aa, thats most likely even more effective at killing tanks than the tank you just died in lol

Those who will play reckless will see that in their amount of won games an RP earned.

Some AAA vehicles allow comebacks if played effective and with care. A lot don't. Especially not if played equally reckless. So that's not really an argument to overhaul the whole respawn system.

no respawns, or at least no mixed ones (until they get totally removed), so you have too choose air or land - i found no source a tank crew actually went to an airfield after their tank was destroyed to get a plane and bomb they tank that just knocked them out...

Obviously the tank crews are different than the plane crews.. that's why you skill them independently. That was just an example of "how to make up a problem where no problem actually is".

same goes for these "wannbe elite sim players", crying for realism whenever they can, but none of them want to miss respawns (wich are the most unrealistic thing in the non arcade modes, directly followed by the new world of hitpoints spotting mechainic)

It's still a game. Games require a good balance between playability and fun as well as credibility and simulation like realism.  To accuse fans of realism of not being hardcore enough is as absurd as vegans accusing vegetarians of being murderers. And I'm really tired of that childish "crying" taunt, to make your opinion appear more mature than those of others, even when it actually is directly the opposite.

I wouldn't mind a "no respawn" mode to be tested in special events and eventually to be implemented in a game. Yet I suspect it as highly frustrating. Planes will take out tanks without them being able to do anything against it and tanks will possibly turn this game into a campfest until someone makes a mistake and starts moving. And that would turn the game into something that is absolutely unrealistic as well since reality was dominated by attack orders where you couldn't just act and camp as you want to because you have no superior.

Edited by ColdHeat

26 minutes ago, fruchtgummikeks said:

That is not true, mr. zealot.

People time to time mention they want no respawn in SB. It simply faded away. Same as no hit/kill cam.

I would not mind no respawn.

But I don't think that reinforcement are unrealistic as the damage model, repair, crew switch... etc. Just unrealisticly presented (same as cap points). And simulator games does have respawns in multiplayer as I remember.

I never consider the crew in plane be the dead one from tank that has been destroyed. Player controls a few crews, not just one.

Edited by Fliegel

3 hours ago, CPT_Reicon said:

Spawn Points should be primarily needed to spawn in top or high BR vehicles for Example 6.0 or 5.7 in a 6.0 Match. Lower BR Vehicles need less spawn points. 

Lol right now it's exactly this way.

2 hours ago, StronkTonk007 said:

That argument might hold water, but for the fact there are so many maps where you can get shot almost the second you exit the spawn. Korea, Karelia, Ash River ( on some parts ), Sinai, Poland...

And you know what? Encouraging people to be even more conservative is going to foster even more passive play, which is... kinda boring. Oh, and it would make the RB-RP grind even worse.

A one-life system would kind of suck.

The spawn system should be in all game-modes IMO.  It forces players to not just play the biggest/baddest tank at the start if you want the ability to come back in another tank if you had a poor start.  If you pick the best tank... and die... then you get punished with only being able to spawn in the SPAA.  

Its a system of balances.... so you choose the heavy hitter and fail... then you are punished.

Realistic tanks is my favorite game-mode.

Edited by SKuDD3r

And revert back to the stupidity that is guaranteed spawns that so plagues Arcade and Sim Tanks? No thank you. 

For all the problems with the SP system, it does at least reward or punish a player for their in-game performance. 

18 hours ago, MH4UAstragon said:

You spawn a Medium Tank, then only other medium tanks go up in spawn cost while any other class stays at its initial cost. Heavy Tanks are still high-risk-high-reward type classes but if you pick something weaker and get instagibbed you can still pick something else.

Why shouldn't medium tanks be spammable? They are the most common tanks after all. 

3 hours ago, Sh4g0h0d said:

For all the problems with the SP system, it does at least reward or punish a player for their in-game performance. 

Why shouldn't medium tanks be spammable? They are the most common tanks after all. 

I just used Medium tanks as an example. You take any ground unit class out and only spawn cost of more of that same class doubles.

So for example you're the typical 5.7 German player with the big cats. You take out the Panther D, get a couple kills, then die to someone you didn't see because reasons. You have available backups for the Panther.

Spawing another Panther costs 620 SP (double the initial cost for a match at your BR.

Meanwhile spawning the Tiger H1 that you've not used yet costs 450SP.

That's how it should work. It already works like that for different classes of aircraft, why not do the same with different kinds of tanks?

The spawn point system exists for a reason. If you dont know what that reason is play a few roudns in the RB tank events. Look up in the sky at the start of the match.

2 hours ago, MH4UAstragon said:

I just used Medium tanks as an example. You take any ground unit class out and only spawn cost of more of that same class doubles.

So for example you're the typical 5.7 German player with the big cats. You take out the Panther D, get a couple kills, then die to someone you didn't see because reasons. You have available backups for the Panther.

Spawing another Panther costs 620 SP (double the initial cost for a match at your BR.

Meanwhile spawning the Tiger H1 that you've not used yet costs 450SP.

That's how it should work. It already works like that for different classes of aircraft, why not do the same with different kinds of tanks?

That would actually make the spawn point system much better. 

The main thing that annoys me is that if you get sniped across the map and die instantly (or even worse in a new tank without parts or FPE, which in itself is just ridiculous) you can still come back and be useful right away. In some AAs you just cant really pen any tanks in your BR reliably. and if there arent any planes around you cant do all that much. 

Btw Im totally fine with planes being restricted at the start of a battle. They are very stronk with no AA around, and friendly fighters are somewhat...unreliable most of the time. Even most AAs just dont care about enemy planes or are really bad at leading a plane.

Edited by Karaya14

I do think that each player should start with 500SP and not 450. That way (if they want) they can spawn fighters WITHOUT ORDINANCE. Armored Target Belts on any gun should be extra SP (same cost as adding ordinance).

this needs to be rebuild fro mthe ground

1 spawn for random battles (you play one round with a very limited set of "tickets" and a time limit of max. 30mins, so it´s like a round of team deathmatch (like counter strike, world of hitpoints, sorld of swimming hitpoints or whatever "new game" fits into that category, im not really up to date o.O)

on the other side you have the longer battles which way more time and "tickets", typically with unlimited respawns for everyone and often combined with some kind of cap a zone/flag/point to decrese the enemy tickets (like we have here, not not as fast) with sometimes an ability to win when capping all points (because these points acts like respawns, and are not always all accessable or cappable). whatever, the best example of this would be battlefield 1942 (original still best^^) or the other battlefields, cod? and probably these star wars battlefronts (not that familiar with the super new stuff, omg i´m old^^), this fits actually the "enduring confrontation" mode available in the event tab (just just get a ground forces one)

so there is no need for a system that just makes the winning team even stronger (like the arcade planes), when discussing about battle ratings, most people are the opinion vehicles should be rated about their performance, not about how players perform with them, so why support a spawn point system that´s totally different to that?

spawns should be contributet equal to everyone, without their "performance" in that game having any influence on it.

but these small, fast, max. 30min battles would probably get weird when everyone gets unlimited respawns (preferably without getting a crew locket after death like the last event), so it should probybly limited. Arcade has a 3 spawn limit, probably because if not just rushing into the enemy you have a hard time to spend 3 spawns in these (even shorter) battles, thats where we get to 1 spawn is enough and even if you give them 2 or 3, no one that starts as tank should be able to respawn as a plane!

so a limit for "from the start" planes to like 1 per 3 or 4 tanks and put them on a airfield where they need to take off first can´t be worse than it´s now (actually it´s possible to get a plane faster to the tank map with the respawn points and airstart than with starting with one at the beginning, take off and fly your 5-10km to the "map") - of course it depends on the map and some airfield might be closer.

So a game that focusses on small maps with instant action and offers you an unholy amout of respawns (when doing somewhat okish with a plane) causes here and there problems. basically in every match when the enemy spawn is overrun you see people (who died already 3+ times) respawn just to be taken out after their immunity is gone, and 5secs later they will respawn just to die again - there is no point in doing this, it prolongs the battle for the winning team and the guy who respawns 5times just because he has enough points and get killed immediatly will at one point come and cry he has no money because income is so low (because he has to repair 8+ tanks every battle with just doing something else than dying in 2 of them). But if you dont respawn you get crewlock (superior system, somethimes even on tanks that got killed from the enemy omg), its just one huge mess...

ok omg, wall of text and probably a lot of mistakes^^, but my point stands, the respawn point system is a huge mess that causes more problems (crewlock, repaircosts, unrealistic behavior) than it gives advantages and thus it should be removed.