Sign in to follow this  
Armyguy

AA Tanks in WT

Any one know if we well be seeing AA Tanks for the Army?

If we do the germans are going to be getting a lot of AA tanks

The germans get

Flakpanzer IV Mobelwagen using the 20mm Flak 38 Flakvierling or 37mm Flak 43

Flakpanzer IV Wirbelwind using a 20mm Flak 38 Flakvierling

Flakpanzer IV Ostwind using a 37mm Flak 43

Flakpanzer IV Kugelblitz using two 30mm MK103's

Grille 10 (Still a Panzer IV) Using a 88mm Flak 37 or Flak 41

Flakpanzer I using a 20mm Flak 38

For the US

M19 Gun Motor Carriage twin 40 mm M2's(a US Bofors)

M16 MGMC  4 12.7 M2's

M15 CGMC 2 M2's 1 37mm M1

For the Brits

Crusader III AA Mk I using a 40mm Bofors + a autoloader

Crusader III AA Mk II/III using 2 20mm Oerlikons and 1 .303 Vickers GO

For the Soviets

ZSU-37 using 1 37 mm M1939

And for Japan well

the Type 98 using 2 Type 2 20mm's

So how will AA tanks be balanced?

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Maybe also the Flakpanzer IV "Kugelblitz", which was build in low quanteties near the end of the war and studied by allies afterwards:

2674945740063387170S600x600Q85.jpg

Kugelblitz%2001.jpgKugelblitz_ball_mount.jpg

Of course the Flakpanzer 38t "Gepard":

9gyont.jpg

And maybe the Flakpanzer V "Coelian", which saw testing with an wooden model of the new turret on a Panther's chassis:

Flakpanzer-V-Coelian-600x440.jpg

• Upvote 3
medal medal

What is the end date for vehicles to appear in Warthunder? 1956 or 1953? If vehicles from 1956 can appear in game, then i have an OP AA tank the Soviets could get;

ZSU-27-2.

Armament: 2x 57mm AA cannons

Armor: 8-15mm

power to weight ratio: 18.5 hp

speed: 50km/h (31 mph)

Designed: Between 1947 to 1954, introduced into service in 1955.

We really should, seeing as they are going to integrate air, land and sea in the same battle.

medal medal

Kugelblitz is like the coolest tank ever, also I was in battle (of berlin) so they can't deny it! >_<'

medal

The Germans tended to remove the AA MG mounted outside the tank however, outside of on the Stug 3 as it was remote controlled.

medal medal medal medal

I believe there was a developer statement some time ago that there would be AA ground vehicles, but they would only be available to be used in ground-only maps.

*goes looking*

I believe there was a developer statement some time ago that there would be AA ground vehicles, but they would only be available to be used in ground-only maps.

What the.... fudge...?

That defeats the purpose! that defeats the ENTIRE purpose.

What are you going to do? start shooting 50cal's at a Maus? you'd do more damage kicking it with your boot.

• Upvote 5

*goes looking*

That sounds stupid. So stupid in fact, that I don't think such a statement even exists out there. Unless if this is yet another display of Gaijin's amazing English skills, in which they originally meant that you'd first be able to shoot only AI planes with your AA when ground forces beta finally gets released.

any vehicle could be mounted with AA mounts. its not a matter of "type of vehicle". you could fit a tank gun on a willies jeep. and that went just fine.

anyways, most of the proposed vehicles would be only working or useful in large groups, against aircraft. since most of them came around only later in the war, they'd only be used for AA or more rarely (for most vehicles atleast) as inf support. but again, these are inferior to tanks, there's a reason why after 1941 any tank without a typical shell-firing cannon was discarded.

if these are going to be put into use or gameplay it should be just in tactical skirmishes, attacking enemy vehicles, positions, or providing inf support. not in actual combat. if they are going to be used as AA, then I hope they implement abit of RTS here, so you command a battalion or unit of AA vehicles and defend positions and such.

I feel like the translation is causing some problems here, they said in tank games meaning that the Mobile AAA you see on the ground in plane matches won't be controllable but in fact they'll add them in the army section and they'll be available in both ground forces and combined forces matches, just my understanding however.

Anyways I'd personally love to see these vehicles in game as the are quite good little vehicles and will certainly be capable of doing damage to smaller tanks, AA positions and Artillery positions.  :)s

80.106_Flakpanzer_Maus.JPG
5MH72025.jpg

:good:

Lol, I want a flak maus, perfect against air, land and see.
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Lol, I want a flak maus, perfect against air, land and see.

How about a JagdMaus?

Jagdmaus-01.jpeg

medal

Sign in to follow this