Welcome to the WT Dueling League Season one!

dhyran

Allright Gents

We made a test battle LD vs JG2

We LD challenged the JG2 guys, so they choose three planes, we added our two favourites afterwards

JG2 chooses 109E3 109 F4 109G2

Ld added F4F4 KI61b

We ran FRB with far friendly range icons at custom settings!

So here is the example how the AAR should look like:

AAR

Loose Deuce challenged JG2

JG2 chooses 109E3 109F4 109G2

LD added F4F4 and Ki61b

Setup Spawnpoint A , merge alt. 1200m

WTDL ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~ vs Jagdgeschwader 2

LD CO AAR dhyran:

First thing i want to say! Tough fight JG2! Snappy Salute to you, intense fight, real nice dog fighting!

109E3, LD FL : dhyran 9 vs 9 ~ connection issues, just too much clients

Good openning on both sides, very close down the line, both teams get into the fight quick and it ended up 4 vs 1
LD won

F4F4 LD FL : dhyran 6 vs 6
LD tried to come along in an offensive split. But JG2 open with a vertiacal split, lined up well and the fight was even more close
LD won

109F4 LD FL:dhyran 6 vs 6
was an LD sweep, we wondered how this will work out, because we hadn't too much time on that plane
LD won

KI61 LLD FL:dhyran 6 vs 6
ohhhh the JG2 Gents clapped our butts here, it was our plane choice, and how they set the pressure up. LD was from the beginning under pressure, RT took out 2 LD quickly, so it was a fast one for the JG2 at the end
JG2 won

109G2 LD FL:dhyran 6 vs 6

That fight went also real close it was down to 3 vs 2 when we got the chance to kill one quickly, but the last JG2 Pilot fough tough and brave! It took us nearly 5 min to get him down!LD won

So it was a 4:1 for the LD, but it was close! To be honest, it was an adrenaline rush like it should be!

WTG Gents, good fights, great fun! :good:

Salute

dhyran

AAR CO Jg2 phenom:

5/21/2013

Our showup times were effective by the early start. 1st note said one thing updated note said another, final start was even earlier

we did no comp. preparation, because we didnt see the need=just checking out pre tourney settings etc.

subing unprepared "ringer" pilots should not be allowed in future, as this will cause confusion. Ill elaborate: "I" did this because I saw you had 8 then 9 guys waiting, and wanted a full house. We needed to test a full room IMHO or we wouldnt have seen the problems we saw, then reducing overall numbers. These pilots had incomplete hangers for the correct aircraft=fail=my fault= live and learn.

Type chat in room: ONLY team captains should use it to avoid confusion= "too many chiefs too few indians" People were only TRYING to help, but it didnt IMHO

The start on chat type worked fine, games started, everyone got in(after we dropped numbers)

The "tag" range=friends only was perfect.

The "matching aircraft: was also a great idea. Perfectly matched A/C makes it all pilot.

Even thou I was denigned the ram on lemsko...........

..I enjoyed the match. Watching how your pairs flew, was a thing of beauty, and I was not only one noticing. On our TS during the match the crew was seeing the same thing I was. The #1 is IN, shoots and pulls OFF #2 takes his turn while @1 rises loops over and returns to cover other as he hits and runs...............U xxxxxxxx ! LOL

TY 4 the invite , we wont be so easy next time.

medal medal

Guest Hethwill

the Inside Loop team is pleased to inform that this League will be covered regularly in the magazine.

• Upvote 1

Is this what the clan/squadron thingy will be? Or is this just a tournament?

There need to be ingame systems for this, or everything will become utter chaos.

Guest Hethwill

I think the maturity level of the squadrons and dedication to a good league setup will be transparent after the 1st round of clashes. No chaos if everyone plays for the sake of loving teamplay air combat.

IIRC this league has been run for years in another air combat game.

Made a mini image for signatures but couldnt link it to page due to limitations, will wear it anyway

e411b92f-4547-4609-b16f-f7d252d2d013_zps

cool stuff oz!!

medal medal

hey, I can't find that challenging forum. is it up yet?

you are right here

medal medal

Count us in if we ever get registered as a unit...Lucky13

Allright!

you're in guys!

Welcome to the league

medal medal

Me and my clan would very much like to take part, squad LCD

Welcome to the League LCD!

medal medal

Guest Hethwill

Lucky 13 needs to be removed from this as it was overlooked that this is FRB only...I apologize for any inconvenience.

:(s ...

My squadron would probably be very keen on this, but the vast majority are mouse users. Some don't own sticks, others like myself have been unable to find a configuration that works properly with WT, and very few of us find Relative Mouse or Mouse Joystick usable.

It'd be great to take part in competitive battles with the full immersion of cockpit view, which is impossible in either HB or AB unless you want to put yourself at a huge disadvantage. Hopefully one day you'll setup a similar competition allowing mouse aim - surely using the cockpit view the dreaded mouse aimers shouldn't have any advantage over the ace joystick jocks?
medal medal medal medal

I think mandatory cockpit view would put the "historical " back into historic battles ,IMHO it is the perfect balancer between joystick and mouse users:

1) same difficulty level for gunnery (no more point and click) and no more perfect lead aim under the nose of the plane.

2)same level of SA(situational Awareness)and thus:

a) making all ACM much more effective as you can now make an opponent lose sight of you under the nose of the plane.

b)Increasing your chances to catch an enemy unaware and suprising him because of the restricted views (wings, nose ,underside,cockpit bars).

As for using these rules for a dueliing setup ,i'm all in favor of it .

• Upvote 5

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Hethwill

We are ready to have a league match, who is up for it?

Preferred tuesday or thursday 20 cet

You must Challenge one of the teams and use the challenge template :)

Basically you challenge one team and discuss:

•  Date and time
  •  Merge altitude (standard is 1200m)
  •  Aircraft to be used. The Challenger names 2 Aircraft (below tier11), the challenged squad one adds 3 planes blow tier 11!
  • Other issues particular to the challenge

look, how we challenged someother squad, and how a match will be arranged

medal medal

Guest Hethwill

figured I ask whos available at all before challenging

Every team in the League should be available to be challenged.

Actually you can setup your own calendar in advance, say like 2 matches per month and issue your challenges and then solve dates, time, etc

List of War Thunder League teams ( if not complete or correct reply )

Regia Aeronautica

Loose Deuce

JG 26

CSAF

JG2

Squadron 341

NBSI

BLACK Team

AEF