Welcome to the WT Dueling League Season one!

dhyran

Please let me ask a few questions about rules.

1. What map, time and weather condition will be used for the match?

2, Is there any restriction of use of ammo racks, plane engines and pilot skills?

3. Is acrobatic smoke is allowed to use? (Considering it is unhistorical personally I am against it)

Thank you  :salute:

1. we will use good weather conditions on mozdrock 4*4 custom battle

2. no, but no fragging with bombs, and no rockets

3. its more a drawback when someone wanna use it, we have 2k friendly icons

i will post the complete settings once we have our own subforum for the WTDL

S!

• Upvote 1
medal medal

Not complaining, just clearing up some things:

1. By duel you mean epic matches with 6v6 and more?

2. by FRB you mean friendly markers from 2km? The rest like FRB or more changes?

3. Two fights in 6 months minimum? Whats the max?

4. No officials or referees in the match? (this will not end well)

5. Not sure about aircraft, everyone flies the same or chooses freely from 5 types or what?

6. Merge part is quite clear, but after that am I free to climb for 15 minutes? Not frustrating, just gaining altitude advantage perhaps

7. What if someone gets completely lost on the map, he can't see noone noone can see him?

8. Those matches can drag on. 30 min per round easily. Do we really need 5 rounds? 3 is enough, no?

9. Can we change planes between rounds?

I understand, friendly and nice, but once your goal is to win, you have no idea how many loopholes eager people will find.

I will definitely urge BLACK Team to take part once we have a clear picture

Guest Hethwill

2. by FRB you mean friendly markers from 2km? The rest like FRB or more changes?

5. Not sure about aircraft, everyone flies the same or chooses freely from 5 types or what?

6. Merge part is quite clear, but after that am I free to climb for 15 minutes? Not frustrating, just gaining altitude advantage perhaps

7. What if someone gets completely lost on the map, he can't see noone noone can see him?

8. Those matches can drag on. 30 min per round easily. Do we really need 5 rounds? 3 is enough, no?

I understand, friendly and nice, but once your goal is to win, you have no idea how many loopholes eager people will find.

A mindset aimed at finding loopholes is not what this league needs.

Someone will not get lost, because a squadron is expected to communicate, especially when out of sight, reporting back their respective quadrants.

Guess Dhyran can oversee the rest of the doubts  :)

cc minimum 6vs6, if both teams have 8 pilots online, its 8 vs 8

Its custom settings, based on all FRB but with longer friendly icons to get a solid teamplay action

if we have 8 Squads and we try to get all squads vs all squads, thats the maximum. We don't wanna see more than 1 match against each other during 6 month, afterwards there is a second chance during month 7-12 per season

the Squads should show a real good sportsmanship, if there are complains or some foulplay issues, this will be sorted out by the refferees afterwards

the challenged squad will name 3 planes, the challenger adds their different 2. and the fights goes like

109e3 vs 109e3

Spit 1 vs spit 1

a2m3 vs a2m3

F4u1a vs f4u1a

Ki61 vs ki61

its allright, but climbing for a couple of minutes without attacking is against the rules. a circle climb for 2 min is quite fine if you dive down. But think about your squadmates, maybe they are simply all dead because thei are simply outnumberd....

well, we switch on enemy rdr to make sure that the battle will goes on

yes, for all five matches normal you need around 1.5 hours, and one of the drawbacks is, afterwards you are full of adrenaline, can't sleep! Yes, and you gonna love it, i fought around 50 of those battles, and its simply a blast!

cc see above at point 5

its all about enjoying the challenge, and you can win or loose! if you can't accept a defeat and it comes down to some nasty comments, its only give your squad a bad name. So its just about showing good sportsmanship and play it like upgrown ppl do. Enjoy the victorys, accept the defeat and learn from it, shake hande, give some nice salutes, and enjoy th adrenaline rush inbetween the fights

I hope, because its one of the best parts in air combat you can have

Snappy Salute!

dhyran

medal medal

Btw

just some days up and a good intrest about it out there

Visitor map of Hall-of-aces.org

http://flyboys.info/?wo_map_console=1

medal medal

Dhryan....where do I sign for my plane?

Boo

Hello dhyran !

Congratulations a great idea.

I have two questions anyway...

1) Nevertheless I see no reason to limit the visible icons of 2 km. Is there a chance that they are such as the FRB? In my view, with icons 2km, more important is a good joystick rather than good teamplay.

2) Leauge only for EU players? (not RU? )

:salute:

hiho

ok! here we go

1) in a 6 vs 6 its good to have a good overview of your squadmates, it helps to create a very solid intense feeling! We just did a Testbattle JG2 vs LD, and 6 vs 6 works pretty fine!

2) no, also Squads from RU and US are welcome, during the testbattle, half of LD and JG2 are from the US, and it worked quite fine with 6 vs 6, so no focus on EU

Cheers

medal medal

hiho

ok! here we go

1) in a 6 vs 6 its good to have a good overview of your squadmates, it helps to create a very solid intense feeling! We just did a Testbattle JG2 vs LD, and 6 vs 6 works pretty fine!

2) no, also Squads from RU and US are welcome, during the testbattle, half of LD and JG2 are from the US, and it worked quite fine with 6 vs 6, so no focus on EU

Cheers

Could you please post the video or replay of the test match, so rest of us can have an insight :yes: ?

Also, what if my team mate cannot prepare a particular type of plane? Is the rounds counted as lose or do we have any kind of veto?

medal medal medal

1) ok, you have right but i think more important will be good shooting not good teamfight or teamwork. That is way hurts me.....

2) On RU forum existing the same info about league? RU players propably not comming on EU forum.

And one more ...

3) What if one or more players from the team which takes part in the tournament, dont have lvl 11 for each nation?

1) ok, you have right but i think more important will be good shooting not good teamfight or teamwork. That is way hurts me.....

2) On RU forum existing the same info about league? RU players propably not comming on EU forum.

And one more ...

3) What if one or more players from the team which takes part in the tournament, dont have lvl 11 for each nation?

Well,

1) the teamplay is the most important part of the WTDL. If you wanna have lower friendly icon settings you're back to a 1 vs 1, which is not the intention, its all about the team you bring on

2) well, we first wanna start it and lets see how it develop, but everyone is welcome

3) thats a problem of the squadron then, play more and make sure you have enough pilots with lvl 11 in all nations, you can also changing seats if someone doesent have lvl 11 on jap side for example

cheers

medal medal

11 lvl can be a problem for many, I've played since august and only yesterday got 11 on all nations (hello Spitfire XVI)

the WTDL is designed for experienced Squads and pilots! so at least we had to setup a high tier level. maybe next year we can go up to a higher level, but currently i think lvl 11 is ok

medal medal

header.jpg

Prior to the duel Squads will decide in the challenge thread:

•  Merge altitude (standard is 1200m)

Hy Dhyran :)

I dont understand the point with the "merge - altitude":

How can this altitude gets decided or get changed by the Squads when we fly the matches on MozDok, where we start 5 km infront of each other, always at the standard altitude ?

Even when the Squads would agree to merge at higher altitudes, it is not possible to change the starting altitude in MozDok... or do the Squads starts at different Spots, namely one Squad at Point A, the other one at Point D and meet in the middle of the map ??

Many thx for the clarification

Hy Dhyran :)

I dont understand the point with the "merge - altitude":

How can this altitude gets decided or get changed by the Squads when we fly the matches on MozDok, where we start 5 km infront of each other, always at the standard altitude ?

Even when the Squads would agree to merge at higher altitudes, it is not possible to change the starting altitude in MozDok... or do the Squads starts at different Spots, namely one Squad at Point A, the other one at Point D and meet in the middle of the map ??

Many thx for the clarification

Hi Hans,

its better to have a clear stated rule about the altitude of merge and spawnpoint

Our testmatch vs JG2 took nearly around 2 hours, so with more climb and maybe different spawnpoint it will make it more complex. And even if you agree with another squad about a different setup, its not clear for everyone

So from that point of view, we should stick along at first with that setup, spawnpoint A and alt 1200m!

medal medal

Hi Hans,

its better to have a clear stated rule about the altitude of merge and spawnpoint

Our testmatch vs JG2 took nearly around 2 hours, so with more climb and maybe different spawnpoint it will make it more complex. And even if you agree with another squad about a different setup, its not clear for everyone

So from that point of view, we should stick along at first with that setup, spawnpoint A and alt 1200m!

Wouldn't it be more sensible to spawn at B or C to reduce the chance to go outside of the battlefield?

medal medal medal

[quote name="simnerd" post="439330" timestamp="1369181150"]Wouldn't it be more sensible to spawn at B or C to reduce the chance to go outside of the battlefield?[/quote] Sadly not, because there is some ack around
medal medal

Hi Hans,

Okay Dhyran...thx for the reply, now i understand you :salute:

Firstly i misunderstood you, i understood your rules in a way, that the Squadleaders could decide to merge each other in different altitudes and asked me, how this would be possible to execute on the MozDok-Map, which have a fixed altitude starter point...

Only 2 things to mention which comes to my mind:

1. In the Gladiator Event we started at Point B and C with the 4vs4 Part...wouldnt be this also an option ?? Then both squads would have some opportunity to implement a few squadron tactics or just climbing a bit, so the furball will not descend to the mud so early in the match ??

2. Is it possible to spawn with 6 Planes or even more on one respawn point on Mozdok ?? I thought always 4 would be the maximum... but didnt tried it out, i have to admit^^

!S Dhyran

Only 2 things to mention which comes to my mind:

1. In the Gladiator Event we started at Point B and C with the 4vs4 Part...wouldnt be this also an option ?? Then both squads would have some opportunity to implement a few squadron tactics or just climbing a bit, so the furball will not descend to the mud so early in the match ??

2. Is it possible to spawn with 6 Planes or even more on one respawn point on Mozdok ?? I thought always 4 would be the maximum... but didnt tried it out, i have to admit^^

!S Dhyran

Hi Hans,

1) yes, can be an option, but we should irst try to keep it simple, i fear a bit too much confusiuon, because we have no referee in the arenas. so thats why i decided to go just for spawn point A

2) cc that was the stuff we played between JG2 and LD, you can spawn 6 planes on ecahch spawn A

S!

• Upvote 1
medal medal

Hi Hans,

1) yes, can be an option, but we should irst try to keep it simple, i fear a bit too much confusiuon, because we have no referee in the arenas. so thats why i decided to go just for spawn point A

2) cc that was the stuff we played between JG2 and LD, you can spawn 6 planes on ecahch spawn A

S!

Hi Dhyran :salute:

ad 1. Yep... i understand your logic and can second this !! Even more when the rules excludes hostile icons at all... this will be already hard to adept to for some squads not used to FRB-Standards

ad 2. wow, good to know, also for our internal squad training...makes it much easier to find a spot for every participating member