Blackpage

Logitech Extreme 3D pro

93 posts in this topic

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but I've found it very helpful to significantly decrease the sensitivity by creating a profile for War Thunder in the "Logitech Profiler" (Logitech Gaming Software in the start menu) application. Standard setting for all axes is 50%. I've set the Y-axis (pitch) to 5%, which allows me to run lower nonlinearity without it being too twitchy around the center. IMO this helps with aiming in more situations since you can better make fine adjustments when pursuing someone in a turn, rather than just when flying straight. You still retain full range of motion too (Range set to 100%). I also have the sensitivity in War Thunder itself set to the lowest possible setting (at least for the pitch axis). This does NOT reduce range as I've seen people mention. Only a Multiplier setting under 1.0 will do that as far as I can tell.

It does not decrease range, but lower sensitivity increases stability by virtue of inducing input lag.

Airmen! I have a problem I may just have to find a way to live with, but am praying for a solution.

I have just finished reading all of the posts here, as I just purchased the Extreme 3D Pro, and am in the process of trying to get it setup.  One thing I am not certain I can live with is the 'realism' of the horizon turning, and the plane staying level!  I am a bit older than most gamers, and WT has only recently replaced a TON of my playing time on SWTOR.

I digress. What I need to know is, can the joystick be used in a mode exactly like the mouse as far as aircraft turning and not horizon?

Thanks!

Airmen! I have a problem I may just have to find a way to live with, but am praying for a solution.

I have just finished reading all of the posts here, as I just purchased the Extreme 3D Pro, and am in the process of trying to get it setup.  One thing I am not certain I can live with is the 'realism' of the horizon turning, and the plane staying level!  I am a bit older than most gamers, and WT has only recently replaced a TON of my playing time on SWTOR.

I digress. What I need to know is, can the joystick be used in a mode exactly like the mouse as far as aircraft turning and not horizon?

Thanks!

I am not sure if i understand what you are askin

I have just finished reading all of the posts here, as I just purchased the Extreme 3D Pro, and am in the process of trying to get it setup. One thing I am not certain I can live with is the 'realism' of the horizon turning, and the plane staying level! I am a bit older than most gamers, and WT has only recently replaced a TON of my playing time on SWTOR.

Thanks!

Don't pull the stick to fast and trim your aircraft.
I guess?

I believe he is asking is there a way to only have your aircraft tilt and turn, while the 'rest of the world' stays level, as opposed to the camera being fixed to your plane, meaning if you fly upside down the camera will also be upside down.

In that case I have no idea how it is in arcade or HB anymore, tho I dont remember it being possible before either, it would be too arcady to play like that.

Arcade-like, yes I guess that's what I mean.  My inner ear problem, or just old age problem, gives me the queasies when the world turns and the plane doesn't.  I can't do 'in the cockpit' either, it gets to me after about 1-2 mins and have to stop.

Oh well.  Mouse will have to do. :(

Thanks for the response.

HF

190 A aint too bad with the FM, it is in fact overperforming slightly in the climb department (which all planes in WT do, mind you)

use my settings, use 0 or full sensitivity (based on preferance) for pitch, and 0.9 multiplier for pitch

what about roll? the roll sensitive in 1.37 is much different now.

Hey guys, I'm having a serious problem with my new 3D Pro, When I set up the axises (is that the plural form of axis?) They don't respond, but the buttons on the side work fine, I tried switching around all the axis, I auto-detected them, double checked, triple checked, no matter what i do the axises(?) don't work! Please halp!!!

Hey guys, I'm having a serious problem with my new 3D Pro, When I set up the axises (is that the plural form of axis?) They don't respond, but the buttons on the side work fine, I tried switching around all the axis, I auto-detected them, double checked, triple checked, no matter what i do the axises(?) don't work! Please halp!!!

plug it into a different usb

if that dont work calibrate it outside of the game

i'm sorry, but my warthunder client seems don't have the option to load joystick configurations! 

i'm on a mac, warthunder 1.57xxx

i'm sorry, but my warthunder client seems don't have the option to load joystick configurations! 
i'm on a mac, warthunder 1.57xxx

Sorry but the Mac client doesn't load joystick configurations because ".config" is a Windows file format. No alternative for Mac exists, as far as I know.

i've found some .blk files (joystick config files)

but it's weird: i MUST save/load my configurations, so i can try new setups without screw up all things and restart every time :(

As I understand things, War Thunder for Mac is running the Windows client inside a "wrapper" that communicates between OS X & the client. This would explain the .blk files being there.

When I was on Mac, I used screenshots to save my settings but still manually reconfigured them. I became like a robot, could change everything in 7 minutes. I finally loaded Windows to my Mac (including create partition) takes about 1 & 1/2 hours, if you have a copy of Windows "lying around" *wink wink* You then have all client functionality.

so now run fastest/smoothest?
what are you using to run windows on osx?

1.53 was too much for my 2008 iMac so I purchased a PC on Craigslist from a gamer who needed quick cash.

An OS X partition will accept Windows without complaint. Bootcamp is best used after Windows install, in my experience. See, Bootcamp is not needed to install Windows. In fact, Bootcamp can be fussy about which Windows version it will help with. It's best to use it only to provide the goofy interface drivers once windows is running. This can be done from the OS X install disk.

But yeah, before 1.53 landed, my Mac ran War Thunder a bit better in Windows and it supported multiple .blk file management.