Load custom heightmap - Editor crashes - then will not launch

I have created an .r16 file from a tif using world machine (trial version). It generates fine in world machine, but when loading into the location editor the app crashes, and then will not relaunch - showing the 'will not launch' error message. I am using the example level and wonder if it would be better to start from scratch, also, would anyone be able to check the files for me (In attached Zip) - IL.tif is the raw image (32bit TIF), and output.r16 is the heightmap. World Machine r16.

So - how do I start a location from scratch, and/or does anyone see a problem with these files?

Running latest version of Location Editor downloaded 16th December.

OS Name    Microsoft Windows 10 Home    
Version    10.0.10586 Build 10586    

Processor    AMD A10-6700 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 3700 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    16.0 GB    
Total Physical Memory    15.2 GB    
Available Physical Memory    9.06 GB    
Total Virtual Memory    17.4 GB    
Available Virtual Memory    7.25 GB    
Page File Space    2.25 GB    

Heightmap.zip

3 hours ago, Kalyptos said:

I have created an .r16 file from a tif using world machine (trial version). It generates fine in world machine, but when loading into the location editor the app crashes, and then will not relaunch - showing the 'will not launch' error message. I am using the example level and wonder if it would be better to start from scratch, also, would anyone be able to check the files for me (In attached Zip) - IL.tif is the raw image (32bit TIF), and output.r16 is the heightmap. World Machine r16.

So - how do I start a location from scratch, and/or does anyone see a problem with these files?

Running latest version of Location Editor downloaded 16th December.

OS Name    Microsoft Windows 10 Home    
Version    10.0.10586 Build 10586    

Processor    AMD A10-6700 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 3700 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    16.0 GB    
Total Physical Memory    15.2 GB    
Available Physical Memory    9.06 GB    
Total Virtual Memory    17.4 GB    
Available Virtual Memory    7.25 GB    
Page File Space    2.25 GB    

Heightmap.zip

I usually get my heightmaps from real topography data. The preffered resolution is 2048x2048. Then I open the extracted heightmap into Photoshop and save it as a 16 bit RAW file. These can be imported just fine into the Editor.

Thanks - Don't have photoshop but downloaded  (free) Irfanview 4.42 and plugins which has a .RAW export which managed to bring it in. 

Still have to figure out how to replace/remove the old one - but will be creating a 2048x2048 dem, rather tha the odd shaped one I am using.

I also use real world topographic data from a 32bit GeoTiff