Hmm, I think its damage output will be increased to over 900, as with the recent 152 mm shells damage increase too.

But considering that it would only apply to M112B1 APBC-HE.

medal medal medal medal medal

Technically, you have T29 turret with -1 coaxial HMG, T34 hull, & a whole new 155 mm gun.

Yes. It's kind of easy for a tank which is synchronizing almost all of the parts with its own variants.

• Upvote 3

On 27/02/2017 at 5:21 PM, Stofferberry said:

I think a 155mm shell hitting a King Tiger won't end very well for the German crew irl. But since there is no concussion or kinetic energy to kill crew, push tanks back, rip turrets off, etc. HE won't do anything. And solid shots still don't work well. 

I don't know about americans but I can tell you that the soviets did take out many crews using high calliber HE shells. This includes well armored vehicles like the Ferdinand. High calliber HE is ridiculously underperforming. In any case, the americans never fielded this tank so we cannot know.

Remember that many soviet vehicles used HE only in their vehicles and well, considering they went from Moscow to Berlin, we can rest assured they were effective. I just don't know why the decision was made to nerf it so much.

Edited by Despeao
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
medal

15 hours ago, Despeao said:

I don't know about americans but I can tell you that the soviets did take out many crews using high calliber HE shells. This includes well armored vehicles like the Ferdinand. High calliber HE is ridiculously underperforming. In any case, the americans never fielded this tank so we cannot know.

Remember that many soviet vehicles used HE only in their vehicles and well, considering they went from Moscow to Berlin, we can rest assured they were effective. I just don't know why the decision was made to nerf it so much.

You can see its HE shell specification of the T30 (M101 HE) here to compare it with all other high caliber HE shell.

http://i.imgur.com/18lIP0s.jpg

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Mrballistic said:

holy **** dude cool how the hell did this tank have hesh

Technically, it's the base gun (155 mm M1) which had HEP, not the tank.

155 mm T7 is just a variant of it which can also fire all shells the M1 have.

9 hours ago, Sirchby said:

Technically, it's the base gun (155 mm M1) which had HEP, not the tank.

155 mm T7 is just a variant of it which can also fire all shells the M1 have.

Whats the point of having an AA Gun firing HEP?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

7 hours ago, Sirchby said:

Since when was 155 mm M1 an AA gun?

lol had a brainfart. thought this was about 120mm M1.

5 hours ago, Panzerzwerg said:

lol had a brainfart. thought this was about 120mm M1.

Yea, I know. Many tank guns were based from AA gun, but when it's this big... :016:

Hmm, there was a 155 mm AP shell specifically designated to destroy heavily armored tank, designated as T29.

njsBENO.thumb.png.b684215ec9d1945d84ef43

In fact, it's an APCBC-HE shell, unlike the M112B1, which is an APBC-HE.

16 hours ago, Sirchby said:

Hmm, there was a 155 mm AP shell specifically designated to destroy heavily armored tank, designated as T29.

njsBENO.thumb.png.b684215ec9d1945d84ef43

In fact, it's an APCBC-HE shell, unlike the M112B1, which is an APBC-HE.

According to the document, it seems to penetrate 5 inches or 127mm of 30-degree sloped armor. However, despite the document saying the round exceeded expectations, it doesn't say about the mussel velocity nor about the range the gun fired during the test (1000m or 2000m ?)

59 minutes ago, Capt_D_K_Marcus said:

According to the document, it seems to penetrate 5 inches or 127mm of 30-degree sloped armor. However, despite the document saying the round exceeded expectations, it doesn't say about the mussel velocity nor about the range the gun fired during the test (1000m or 2000m ?)

Exactly.

The number doesn't make it any higher than the M112B1, but the range of it is still unknown.

Could be higher, or lower.

4 hours ago, Sirchby said:

Exactly.

The number doesn't make it any higher than the M112B1, but the range of it is still unknown.

Could be higher, or lower.

This is just my theory...

-Given that this T29 AP round exceeded expectations and comparing it to the M112B1 APBC-HE shell, my best guess of the muzzle velocity would be around 2000-2500 ft/s.

-Also, the penetration of the round at point blank range (again this is just my theory)  is around 170-230mm.

So I think that the document is showing the results of the penetration of the T29 AP shell shot at long range.

Edited by Capt_D_K_Marcus

Assuming this gets proper reload (20 sec min reload) and those 4 documented ammunition selection (APBC-HE, HE, HESH, and APCR), it would be an interesting tier 4 6.7-7.0 heavy tank.

Personally I think it should be foldered with and before the T34, but I wouldn't mind if it was placed after the T95 in the TD line, that big gun aspect similar to the M60A2. But then the American branch would be crowded with potentially 4-5 heavy tanks at 6.7-7.0, leaving Germans with 3 heavies at 6.7-7.0, and Soviets and UK at 1 (rip Japan), so I feel that other nations should receive another tank of similar br at the same time T30 is added (something like IS-2M?).

medal medal medal medal

16 hours ago, Duhchuy said:

Assuming this gets proper reload (20 sec min reload) and those 4 documented ammunition selection (APBC-HE, HE, HESH, and APCR), it would be an interesting tier 4 6.7-7.0 heavy tank.

Personally I think it should be foldered with and before the T34, but I wouldn't mind if it was placed after the T95 in the TD line, that big gun aspect similar to the M60A2. But then the American branch would be crowded with potentially 4-5 heavy tanks at 6.7-7.0, leaving Germans with 3 heavies at 6.7-7.0, and Soviets and UK at 1 (rip Japan), so I feel that other nations should receive another tank of similar br at the same time T30 is added (something like IS-2M?).

The Soviet Union has two tanks that could fill their 6.7 lineup

1. IS-2M with its post-war 122mm shell.

2. IS-5 a prototyped IS-2 with a 100mm gun.

Edited by Capt_D_K_Marcus

Just now, KapitanRedDead said:

Does it have OP armour?What's it's ROF and how many shells would be loaded in at once or all?

M103 armor

unknown rate of fire

6-drum revolver

25 minutes ago, KapitanRedDead said:

Does it have OP armour?What's it's ROF and how many shells would be loaded in at once or all?

It would be a very fast burst rate (relatively, considering that it's a 155mm gun) followed by a very long reload of the drum. Some people are afraid that it could pop over a hill, wipe out a group of tanks (4 or 5, so maybe a third of a team) then allow a different T58 to do the same to the next group. Whole teams of them that could cover each others' reloads would be pretty powerful.

medal medal

Just now, muzzleflash98 said:

It would be a very fast burst rate (relatively, considering that it's a 155mm gun) followed by a very long reload of the drum. Some people are afraid that it could pop over a hill, wipe out a group of tanks (4 or 5, so maybe a third of a team) then allow a different T58 to do the same to the next group. Whole teams of them that could cover each others' reloads would be pretty powerful.

Far from powerful.

It's literally a killzone.