The T30 itself has been mentioned in recent Q&A, though.

It's been planned as regular... So I doubt its arrival will be classified as premium tank by any factors. We already have too many premium tanks.

I'm just suggesting proper ammunition for the T30. :DD

• Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal

Can't wait to play this beast.

let freedom ring inside the unfortunate tank that is on receiving end of the HESH round.

Edited by BLUEBLACK_EQUAI
medal medal medal medal

To be frank, this thread actually does not have any connection with T30 introduction to the game at all...

I'm just pointing out what munitions are available & compatible for use by its 155 mm T7.

Preparation before arrival.

I don't want to command a T30 unprepared... & outgunned.

Revised my suggestion.

T267 is not required at the moment due to lack of information about its HE filler.

Also its APFSDS has 0 hint at all about its specification.

So far the only required rounds are:

AP M112B1

HE M101

APCR T35E1

HESH T152E5

That's all for now.

• Upvote 1

Can i just thank you for all of the awesome work done? Seriously the amount of people who would just go "LOLZ AMERICAN HEAVYSSSS" and dismiss the possibility of them completely was disgusting; even when you had solid sources people would always hurl the same arguments against them. Yet here we are awaiting the arrival of the T34; in large part to you. I've been more of a lurker than a poster; i think you would be surprised how many people are hyped for this. Sincerely; thank you.

14 minutes ago, IOC_000 said:

Can i just thank you for all of the awesome work done? Seriously the amount of people who would just go "LOLZ AMERICAN HEAVYSSSS" and dismiss the possibility of them completely was disgusting; even when you had solid sources people would always hurl the same arguments against them. Yet here we are awaiting the arrival of the T34; in large part to you. I've been more of a lurker than a poster; i think you would be surprised how many people are hyped for this. Sincerely; thank you.

We are doing what we can to support the development of American tanks in the game.

Changing the general conception from time to time;

"T30 only fires HE"

to

"T30 only fires awful AP"

to

"T30 fires HESH"

It takes some effort to care about the tank even for once. Otherwise it would be a BR disaster if the T30 only carries AP & APCR as its primary AT round.

Yeah, you're right. Once again:

Screw the protesters.

Anyway... The T34 will only fire solid AP rounds, such as T14, T62, T116, T17E1, T98 & HE T15E3.

Maybe HESH or even HEAT if available.

All 120 mm ammunition are interchangeable for every 120 mm gun, as far as I concern.

That depends if the Devs would use the actual shells instead of using "Test Shot" like AP T20E3.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Sirchby said:

We are doing what we can to support the development of American tanks in the game.

Changing the general conception from time to time;

"T30 only fires HE"

to

"T30 only fires awful AP"

to

"T30 fires HESH"

It takes some effort to care about the tank even for once. Otherwise it would be a BR disaster if the T30 only carries AP & APCR as its primary AT round.

Yeah, you're right. Once again:

Screw the protesters.

Anyway... The T34 will only fire solid AP rounds, such as T14, T62, T116, T17E1, T98 & HE T15E3.

Maybe HESH or even HEAT if available.

All 120 mm ammunition are interchangeable for every 120 mm gun, as far as I concern.

That depends if the Devs would use the actual shells instead of using "Test Shot" like AP T20E3.

I think a 155mm shell hitting a King Tiger won't end very well for the German crew irl. But since there is no concussion or kinetic energy to kill crew, push tanks back, rip turrets off, etc. HE won't do anything. And solid shots still don't work well. 

medal medal medal medal

Dumb question (Sorry), but is the effectiveness of HESH/HEP reliant on HE content or velocity...? seems like the 155mm HESH is more effective than the 105mm (L7/M68) HESH...

And.... effectiveness of HESH in game? I have used a lot of HEAT-FS and APDS, but I don't think I've ever used HESH... I've heard it's only effective on bare/exposed armor, but that the shrapnel (Or rather, lack of) often leaves something to be desired... I guess my question is, "Is HESH a reliable killer, or a flip of a coin whether you kill or not?".

3 minutes ago, BlitzkriegWulf said:

Dumb question (Sorry), but is the effectiveness of HESH/HEP reliant on HE content or velocity...? seems like the 155mm HESH is more effective than the 105mm (L7/M68) HESH...

And.... effectiveness of HESH in game? I have used a lot of HEAT-FS and APDS, but I don't think I've ever used HESH... I've heard it's only effective on bare/exposed armor, but that the shrapnel (Or rather, lack of) often leaves something to be desired... I guess my question is, "Is HESH a reliable killer, or a flip of a coin whether you kill or not?".

Use against T-54 and T-62 and T-10M. Maybe even Leopards but the ammorack can be funky about protecting crew (o_0). Its great for cramped tanks but avoid hitting tracks

and id even say every kind of ammo in game except APHE is a flip of a coin wether you kill or not..

Edited by Panzerzwerg
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 minutes ago, Panzerzwerg said:

Use against T-54 and T-62 and T-10M. Maybe even Leopards but the ammorack can be funky about protecting crew (o_0). Its great for cramped tanks but avoid hitting tracks

I feel like a lot of shots I take are through the tracks or narrowly avoid the tracks (Flanking)... with a 6+" shell it would be easy for the shot to hit the tracks before the tank and (I presume?) just act like an HE shell rather than a HESH shell... 

Autoloader or not, I'll bet that 155 doesn't manage an 8 second reload :p  Just glad that it seems to have other shells, even if they are lower penetration (Because APBC-HE is a more reliable killer through the side...). 

Now, what I havent seen (Perhaps hidden in the comments here I havent read) is talk of an APDS round for this tank. I was pretty sure that I had seen some type of record for 155mm APDS, but all I see in the OP is APBC-HE, HE, HVAP/APCR, and HESH. Is it Whelmy who would likely have data on that?

Just now, BlitzkriegWulf said:

I feel like a lot of shots I take are through the tracks or narrowly avoid the tracks (Flanking)... with a 6+" shell it would be easy for the shot to hit the tracks before the tank and (I presume?) just act like an HE shell rather than a HESH shell...

Shells in this game don't actually have a size, they are just dots that follow curves and calculate penetration whenever they encounter a surface considered an enemy.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

6 minutes ago, Panzerzwerg said:

and id even say every kind of ammo in game except APHE is a flip of a coin wether you kill or not..

Meh, I'd say that APCBC is also pretty reliable (95%+ on a penetrating hit...) and heaven forbid, even APDS (M68) feels like a more reliable killer than HEAT-FS (M58) lately... (Or, perhaps the M103 is still just broken..?)

1 minute ago, Mercedes4321 said:

Shells in this game don't actually have a size, they are just dots that follow curves and calculate penetration whenever they encounter a surface considered an enemy.

There's a reason I'm not a tech mod... there's enough game mechanics to make ones head spin.

10 hours ago, BlitzkriegWulf said:

The effectiveness of a HESH shell solely relies on its content.

A pixel big 150+ mm round is still a thing, though...

Look at the Brummbar, or even ISU-152.

Autoloader or not, I'll bet that 155 doesn't manage an 8 second reload :p  Just glad that it seems to have other shells, even if they are lower penetration (Because APBC-HE is a more reliable killer through the side...). 

It manages to reload at 20 seconds reload at best. So, yeah.

APBC-HE is still important somehow due to low muzzle velocity given by the HEP round. Yes, it should be a stock round.

Now, what I havent seen (Perhaps hidden in the comments here I havent read) is talk of an APDS round for this tank. I was pretty sure that I had seen some type of record for 155mm APDS, but all I see in the OP is APBC-HE, HE, HVAP/APCR, and HESH. Is it Whelmy who would likely have data on that?

APFSDS, to be exact.

It's from the Aberdeen documentary video.

I already pointed the round, though (with the help from Whelmy).

6. UNKNOWN APFSDS

T30 running a firing test from Aberdeen video documentary.

It was firing an experimental APFSDS during the test.

Unfortunately, there is no known information about its 155 mm APFSDS. Yet.

So I will exclude it from my suggestion to arm it with APFSDS.

16 hours ago, BlitzkriegWulf said:

Meh, I'd say that APCBC is also pretty reliable (95%+ on a penetrating hit...)

Do you mean APCBC-HE or just APCBC?

When i say APHE i mean all kinds of AP ammo with Charge just to differentiate easier.

24 minutes ago, Panzerzwerg said:

When i say APHE i mean all kinds of AP ammo with Charge just to differentiate easier.

I think he meant APHE.

By the way, the T30 fired APBC-HE, not APCBC-HE.

1 hour ago, Panzerzwerg said:

Whatever the APCBC (M82?) is on the M46 Tiger. I don't recall ever (across 300+ kills) having a shot fail to kill that penetrated.

11 minutes ago, BlitzkriegWulf said:

Whatever the APCBC (M82?) is on the M46 Tiger. I don't recall ever (across 300+ kills) having a shot fail to kill that penetrated.

That is APCBC-HE.

Let's just differentiate the shell by kind of damage as Solid AP & APHE.

Just now, Sirchby said:

That is APCBC-HE.

Let's just differentiate the shell by kind of damage as Solid AP & APHE.

Eh, solid AP is garbage, even when I see day in and day out people on the forums saying it's woefully underperforming... at least in the M103's case.

Just now, BlitzkriegWulf said:

Eh, solid AP is garbage, even when I see day in and day out people on the forums saying it's woefully underperforming... at least in the M103's case.

I know.

That's why we're making it clear & sound.

8 minutes ago, ArthurWood said:

Definitively want this behemoth in-game, the important question is, will it be premium or standard?

Its pretty much going to be standard, probably tabbed with T34 or T26E4

Edited by Panzerzwerg

They massively buffed the spalling on 122mm Solid AP, but forgot to buff 105mm, 90mm, 76mm, and so on as far as I can tell.

The T30 will be interesting. Might make an actually good American 7.3 Heavy now that the M103's AP round is actually doing near-incredible damage whenever it pens.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal