7 hours ago, Sirchby said:

 

We all have already known the penetration of the T29 HVAP is already wrong for a while... T29E3 has the penetration of the M304.

:facepalm:....Was someone able to report it at least?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope.. one day.. Gaijin will realize, we do like new tanks.. but we much rather have is at least one big update determined to be a bug free game until new bugs are made in the future of the new update. I want to see War thunder with realistic damage modeling and historical features. Im not asking the graphic to be next to real or program bad weld cracks on is3s. Im asking for projectile and armor to do what it's designed to do.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

somebody gotta keep this topic alive

medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Penetration for the T29 APBCHE

 

203mm at 30 degrees converts to 239.3mm of vertical armor at 2533 fps.

 

Using the DeMarre equation, that converts to 195mm of penetration at the muzzle velocity of 2200 fps.

Edited by *MiseryIndex556

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice read, unfortunately i didn't understand one very important detail: are we actually sure that the T30 had these shells (and these specs) or is it your interpretation based on other guns and shells?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's mostly our speculation as the data for the gun is quite elusive from what I can remember. So we mostly used the data from the gun it based on and do some little math (@Schirby is the one who did the whole thing I'm just keeping this topic alive from time to time).

medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, matty922117 said:

Very nice read, unfortunately i didn't understand one very important detail: are we actually sure that the T30 had these shells (and these specs) or is it your interpretation based on other guns and shells?

 

Might want to read this segment:

https://i.imgur.com/DYun2mA.jpg

 

It's briefly given an ammunition loadout of M107 HE, M110 WP, "HVAP" (T35E1 APCR), and "APC(BC)" (T29E1).

It does share the same standard loadout as any other 155 mm artillery developed during WWII (except the experimental HVAP & APCBC), although officially documented (which is not my own interpretation, of course).

 

As for the concern of experimental shells, well, I also already included a note at the bottom of the post.

Quote

Be reminded that the measurement is not 100% accurate as there is no exact penetration table found on the T29E1 & T35E1, so using DeMarre equation is an alternative way to measure the numbers manually. 

 

  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has the datamine revealed which shells the T30 has at the moment, or is that still unknown?

Edited by Tasty95215

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Tasty95215 said:

Has the datamine revealed which shells the T30 has at the moment, or is that still unknown?

 

No idea at the moment.

But I heard it will have APCBC and WP.

medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any speculation as to whether it's a premium, normal or event vehicle?  

medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sirchby said:

@CokeSpray, the T30 is going to be released soon as hinted by its existence in the Datamine.

 

Could you consider reviewing and passing it to development?

We may pass it on, but we would hold off on that until the vehicle is officially out. After all, it seems a bit pointless to pass a suggestion for ammo choices for a vehicle that isn't even in the live version of the game yet (for which we don't know atm what ammo types it'll get). If the T30 is released before we pass this month's batch, we may include this particular suggestion in the current batch, otherwise it might wait a little longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CokeSpray said:

We may pass it on, but we would hold off on that until the vehicle is officially out. After all, it seems a bit pointless to pass a suggestion for ammo choices for a vehicle that isn't even in the live version of the game yet (for which we don't know atm what ammo types it'll get). If the T30 is released before we pass this month's batch, we may include this particular suggestion in the current batch, otherwise it might wait a little longer.

 

Understandable.

medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, either way the T30 is guaranteed to be good because of the hilarious overperformance of APHE postpen. And the T29/34 chassis is nothing short of amazing. More mobile and maneuverable than a King Tiger on everything but flat paved terrain, very small weak spots, large amount of empty space that loves to eat multiple long 88s without being oneshot, and with the sloped pen nerf on the long 88 in 1.79, a slightly angled T29/34/30 will bounce a long 88 off of its lower plate. I have both bounced off of said lower plate when spading the Panther II and Waffentrager, and have deflected many long 88 shots from Jagdpanthers and Ferdinands from short-medium range off of my LFP with a slight hull angle while spading the T34 and rolling around in my T29.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems that the T30 has been tested out:

 

 

Apparently it currently has no APCR, just APCBC-HE, APBC-HE, HE, and Smoke shells. The APCBC and the APBC have the same penetration for some reason, and there's probably some other stuff incorrect about it as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tasty95215 said:

It seems that the T30 has been tested out:

 

 

Apparently it currently has no APCR, just APCBC-HE, APBC-HE, HE, and Smoke shells. The APCBC and the APBC have the same penetration for some reason, and there's probably some other stuff incorrect about it as well.

 

Yes, I told him to run a few test back in the Discord server for a preliminary checkup.

medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the T30 will basically be a T29 with a gun better than a magical Russian 122, if implemented in the state suggested on Reddit.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.