Sign in to follow this  
xRasor

ID:0051316 05/Dec/2016 Me-262C-2b Performance issues

Okay, I'll post in parts since there is quite a bit and formatting may be an issue.

In regards to the rocket fuel I did a simple flight test, on the right hand side I spawn on the ground and on the left hand side I spawn in the air, you can see that spawning in the air results in the aircraft having half of its rocket fuel, the testing conditions were the same and both runs were recorded one after the other as apparent in the replay, this issue occurs on all maps and causes the aircraft to have half of its rocket fuel during air spawns. This should not be the case since the rocket motors were not intended for takeoff and a fuel penalty should not be required. Although fuel time is not shown in the flight model testing procedures, I carried out both tests under the same conditions and it should be a valid test. What leads me to see this as a bug is that other aircraft do not suffer from this.

Test:

This shows the large difference between taking off and air spawning, on some maps where no runways are provided this means that the aircraft cannot get its max 3:00 rocket fuel and/or cannot land to refuel due to the fact some runways force this aircraft to spawn in the air (Timer should stop at 1:30 but it continues to tick up slowly for some reason)

As stated here:

jA3olZO.jpg

Source:

http://papers.sae.org/460242/

and here:

ukXkV5Q.jpg

Source:
https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=I1c7AwAAQBAJ&pg=PT314&lpg=PT314&dq=Christopher

The aircraft should have 3 minutes of fuel during a ground or air spawn as the rocket motors were not intended for takeoff but for "combat climb performance"

To fix this issue simply increase the fuel given to the aircraft during an air spawn from 1:30 to 3:00 to ensure that the vehicle gets 3 minutes of rocket fuel in all combat situations.

Rocket Boost.wrpl

Testing.clog

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

Hi,

Thanks for the report.

Please ensure that your report complies with the following testing regime for Flight Test issues as detailed HERE

As well, reports must comply with the guidelines for making a Bug Report at the top of the Moderated Bug Reports - Windows Forum  HERE 

Can I draw your attention to the guidelines for making a Historical Issues Report HERE  -  Please ensure your reports comply with these guidelines.

3. A detailed description of the fix you suggest. Provide sources including references that underline your position.
    *Please be reminded that Wikipedia or other private Websites are generally not considered as reliable sources.
   The required number of sources requires depends on the type of source presented:
    User Manual / Repair Manual / Factory Manual etc (Flight/Pilot/Maintenance Manuals Engineering Drawings etc) - Historically acknowledged reference sources - single source is required.
    Reference works (collections of vehicles) Biographies, Books, "expert" opinion publications, websites etc - at least two unrelated sources required.*
Please ensure the references have:  Report/Document Type, Report/Document Name, Author, Date, ISBN/ISSN, relevant Pg No's etc - so our Historical consultant can review and check the accuracy of those documents against the substantial Gaijin Historical Database and Reference Sources.
Please provide scans of all pages referenced and a scan of the front cover of publication/book.   For Web sources. please provide the link to the actual relevant section or document.  If this is not possible and only higher links can be referenced then please provide page or title information to locate the relevant reference.  Photographs must be fully referenced.

Please also note that War Thunder is a game.  Therefore, at times decisions are made that improve game-play at the expense of historical accuracy or some other factor.

If no further information is received within 48 hours, we will close this task and you will need to submit a new report.

Kind Regards,

KotA

Thanks

I will review, investigate and get back to your shortly.

Cheers

Hello!
         Thank you for your help improving the game.  

Your information has been forwarded to the developers and the tracking number is: ID:0051316   

This thread will remain unlocked for one week (7 days) so that anyone with additional information\evidence\examples will have a place to post.  
After this time the report will remain active but will be archived. 

It will also serve as a place where the developers will post questions for you to answer so please keep up to date here.

Separate thread for each issue, as per

Please, follow "One Issue = One Thread" rule (do not post DIFFERENT / ISSUES THAT LOOK SIMILAR in existing threads, or start a topic about multiple issues).

Thanks