FRB Basic Training and EC Tutorial

Here comes the first part of defensive flying. I decided to make to clips out of all the material, so you can study the defensive moves used by each side in length. The vids are a good demonstration how good defensive flying will really make it difficult to get a killshot in. Enjoy.

EDIT: Little note. For some reason the engine sound of my own plane in replays is bugged for me and does almost never play. So don't wonder. Ingame i have engine sound normally, just when recording from the replay the sound is gone.

Edited by AgathosDeimon
  • Upvote 6

4 hours ago, AgathosDeimon said:

EDIT: Little note. For some reason the engine sound of my own plane in replays is bugged for me and does almost never play. So don't wonder. Ingame i have engine sound normally, just when recording from the replay the sound is gone.

I am sure you checked it but let's remind this. If you are using Fraps there is an option to include sound in the video or not. Maybe you removed the check or check (whichever removes the sound) the box by mistake. If you are using another software please check the same situation for to be sure ;)

medal medal

I use MSI Afterburner, but the sound is already missing in the replay inside WT. It has been so for a while and i did not even notice it, cause i am so used to having no engine sound in replays at all.

53 minutes ago, AgathosDeimon said:

I use MSI Afterburner, but the sound is already missing in the replay inside WT. It has been so for a while and i did not even notice it, cause i am so used to having no engine sound in replays at all.

Your drivers have a problem maybe. Did you try to update graphic cards driver (if using HD sound from graphics card) or sound drivers (if using onboard sound hardware)?

medal medal

1 hour ago, AgathosDeimon said:

Same issue here, and I'm using an NVidia card

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

The commented fights series or other ingame dogfighting will probably end or be suspended for indefinitely. I have serious issues that now persist since just prior to new years day and make playing a real pain. I have one last thing i try out next week, if that doesn't bring an improvement i stop playing WT for the moment. I will continue the flightschool, but be restricted to general and explanatory vids, that come along without any combat footage. :( Sad thing...

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, AgathosDeimon said:

Little test with a head mounted action during a beautiful winters day flying session.

zomg wat r ur graphix settingz

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

As it was missing in the tutorial series, here a new one covering MEC.

I must admit, i am astonished by the quality nvidias shadowplay delivers. And best of all, as it uses the cards own decoder, there is almost no performance drop noticable. :)

• Upvote 1

I used to use Shadowplay, but then they started fiddling with their own encoding which conflicted with the video editor I was using (at one stage it only would only show a green screen, another time I had to run every video through Handbrake to keep the video and audio sync'd), everything went to crap and I eventually uninstalled GeForce Experience entirely.  When I went back to see if I wanted to use it again they wanted me to register to use it, unbelievable.

So now I just use Dxtory and have been pretty impressed thus far

I had a little "adventure" on sunday when i rearranged my gaming setup so that the stick is placed between my legs. End result see here:

Here the how to thread:

Edited by AgathosDeimon
  • Upvote 3

I'm not sure that comfortable pillow on your flight chair, shown in your "stick extension" video, would have been standard issue in a WWII aircraft.  I enjoy and appreciate your videos!  :good:

• Upvote 1
medal

No, LW pilots sat on there parachute and if i remember right US/GB pilots mostly sat on there dinghy. For today, my pillow actually comes pretty close to what is used in oldtimers. Some are less comfortable and some are more. :lol2:

• Upvote 1