Update 23.11.2016 (1.63.3.68)

Smin1080p

Maintenance%20(10).jpg

Damage Model

• Fuel tank detonation mechanics have been changed. Now, if the tanks are partitioned off from the crew, the ammo rack their explosion may not destroy the tank. Explosion parameters depend on the fuel tank volume.
  • Ballistic calculator and armour indicator distance in tank arcade battles has been reduced from 1200 m to 1000 m and from 800 to 600 m respectively.

Visual effects

• Hit marks and penetration holes have been updated.

Controls

• Control settings are grouped by type of the vehicles and general controls has been moved to separate tab.
  • In each tab control settings are grouped and navigation bar has been added.
  • Settings group “Controls mode”, which partly duplicates the switch for the instructor mode: AIM, simplified, realistic, full-real, has been added. Now by setting of different instructor modes you can see which options are active in this instructor mode.
  • Possibility to switching off the instructor modes in the battle has been added: Aircraft control > Controls mode > Toggle controls mode.
  • The using of the manual or automatic transmission is no longer dependent on the instructor mode, but can be switched in separate setting: Tank control > Movement > Automatic transmission.
  • Possibility to switch manual/automatic transmission mode during the battle has been added:: Tank control > Movement > Transmission mode.
  • A bug related to the inability to remove assigned to the 5th joystick button to exit in the menu can be reassigned now: Common controls > Interface > Menu.
  • A bug that occurred when the settings were reset to default, the axes adjustments were not reset, has been fixed.
  • A bug where it was not possible to remove the assigned key for view switching, has been fixed.

Interface

• If a player has at least one rank 5 vehicles in any nation, they will receive 2 additional presets. Thus maximum number of vehicle presets is increased by 2 (2 for tanks and 2 for aircraft). 

Other

• Switching to the next vehicle after closing the statistics window or a map in the spectator view has been fixed.
  • A bug where rockets were moving by fits when turret was rotating has been fixed (Cromwell RP-3, M26 T99).
  • Stalingrad. A bug where it was possible to shoot through the walls of some buildings, has been fixed.
  • Gaijin.Net Agent - “Background Update” option has been added. Launcher will check automatically if there are any pending updates available to download.

BR Changes for aircraft in SB

We are running a further adjustment of BR changes for aircraft to suit the requirements in the “Enduring Confrontation” game mode. This time the changes are targeted in improving gameplay at the 5th rank:

• Battle Ratings changes for EC SB
  • Optimization of the aircraft selected at the beginning of a battle (for Germany).
  • A more even distribution in the BR fork at 5th rank in “Enduring Confrontation”, with the aim of reducing the multitude of timer locks for vehicles with more or less similar characteristics. 

.com and .ru reported bug fixes:

• Spontaneous damage to the tail on the Nimrod MK2 during acceleration (Tarakanator, J1775_Venom).
  • XP-50: Spontaneous motor failure by increasing of the thrust (RedTribe).
  • Error by displaying of the crew skill for aircraft under certain conditions (IFF_).
  • Error by saving of the control settings (A_Peryite).
  • RakJPz 2 HOT wrong performance  (Zoober).
  • Wrong Squadron tag display in friend list has been fixed.
  • No ammo indicator in replays has been fixed.
  • Statistics window not working in battle has been fixed.
  • Bug that caused AI to crash on the airfield has been fixed.
  • Wrong display of the fuel pod in B-57A X-ray view has been fixed.

The current provided patchnotes reflect the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates and fixes may be not listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving all the time and certain fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

• Upvote 11

the one about the fuel tank and ammo rack explosion, does this mean that tanks that have teh fuel tank in the engine compartment will have a longer time to blow up or die by crew death, and not ammo rack explosion? if so wouldnt hte crew be able to live far longer since they are seperated from the fuel tanks aswell?

another thing is that for the EC5 for top tier jets, do you mean that there will be 2 EC5s as in late tier 4 early tier 5 and another top tier 5 EC? which is the same for tanks SB events, if so taht would be fantastic as it would mean i dont have to suffer in my stock La9 trying to get spawn points. is there anything i got wrong there?

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

16 minutes ago, Kioshi_Okajima said:

Any change about presets ?

• If a player has at least one rank 5 vehicles in any nation, they will receive 2 additional presets. Thus maximum number of vehicle presets is increased from 8 to 10.

16 minutes ago, Mai_Cake said:

So these free crew slots, if we already bought the extra ones with gold, will we receive a refund or the extra 2 making it 12 slots?

Typo Amended 

• If a player has at least one rank 5 vehicles in any nation, they will receive 2 additional presets. Thus maximum number of vehicle presets is increased from 8 to 10.

15 minutes ago, Wundsalz said:

Oh no! The client stability has NOT been improved in this update. Gaijin, have you forsaken us?

lol always is :-) 

• Upvote 2
medal medal

15 hours ago, Smin1080p said:
  • Optimization of the aircraft selected at the beginning of a battle (for Germany).

you lost me there :dntknw:

Is it about Ta and Kurfurst?

Edited by przybysz86
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal

15 hours ago, Smin1080p said:
  • If a player has at least one rank 5 vehicles in any nation, they will receive 2 additional crew slots.

Does this means that only who right now have rank 5 in any nation will get additional crew slots, or this is valid even for who in future will unlock rank 5 in any nation? 

MaybeMaybeNot (Posted )

Above read post please

1 minute ago, Vitasalato said:

Does this means that only who right now have rank 5 in any nation will get additional crew slots, or this is valid even for who in future will unlock rank 5 in any nation? 

Has been corrected:

If a player has at least one rank 5 vehicles in any nation, they will receive 2 additional presets. Thus maximum number of vehicle presets is increased from 8 to 10.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

It's currently possible to create 12 presets, but only 10 will be selectable in the bar at the bottom. Is this intended? Personally I prefer 12 presets even if two aren't quickly selectable. That's still better than assembling a less commonly used lineup from scratch every time I want to play.

Spoiler

ThHeLt9.jpg

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

got this kind of error when downloading the last 2 patches.

just manually deleting the file seemed to work. so its just a minor annoyance cause you have to check your files again.

a.png

KnightoftheAbyss (Posted )

Not seen that before. Probably a corrupt dynamically linked library file. Deleting as you indicate should allow the game to download a 'good' version of the .dll
medal medal medal medal

Please dont be offended if your post is not approved , Issues with updating can be made at the below links 

And other topics we have other areas on the forums 

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/forum/573-community-technical-support/

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/forum/655-moderated-bug-reports/

Questions , Feedback and comments on changes made listed in changelog above are welcomed 

medal medal

Ah, an addition to the 12 preset observation I've just described: In the US where I've only got T5 planes, but no tanks, I can only select 10 slots. For germany where I've got both trees advanced to T5, I can create 12 presets. Still only 10 show up in the bar.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Senior Technical Moderator

Optimization of the aircraft selected at the beginning of a battle (for Germany).

Changes to the beginning of EC.  Will allow more vehicle options at the beginning of game.

Don't know if you noitced... 

But turn up volume and listen to hangar noises for each type of vehicle (Ground, air and sea)

Each one is different now...

For Sea vehicles preview any of flying boats/hydroplanes (Catalina, BV238, Sunderland...)

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

16 hours ago, Smin1080p said:

Fuel tank detonation mechanics have been changed. Now, if the tanks are partitioned off from the crew, the ammo rack their explosion may not destroy the tank. Explosion parameters depend on the fuel tank volume.

In detail what does this means?

We'll see an explosion (possibly damaging other components) but not the complete destruction of the tank, or simply the fuel tank will get on fire?

After some quick tests looks like that the Fuel tank hitbox just disappear after multiple shots. Only fire no explosion. Is this intentional? 

P.S. Tested on Panthers Tiger Is & IIs back fuel tank

Edited by Vitasalato

Explosion parameters depend on the fuel tank volume.
  • Upvote 1

Please increase even more the number of vehicules presets, 15 would be good to start.

Don't know why there is at first limits for that.

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

11 minutes ago, kilotangoHUN said:

Hi all! Anyone has experienced "Fatal Error Exception" error since the patch? I keep sending automated reports, but would like to be assured not to be alone

KnightoftheAbyss (Posted 2 minutes ago) 
Yes... Ignore it. Should be fixed now.

KnighottheAbyss: Unfortunately still get the error,and doesn't let me in "connecting to server" infinitely"

Report it. We will need to look at your system as to why this is re-occurring for you. Have you restarted your system?
medal medal medal

16 minutes ago, BlasphemousFox said:

no more sense of flight on view controls?? can't find it

edit, NVM found it on camera control. Tbh i prefere the old interface, 

You will get use to this as you did the old , its clearer navigation and simpler to use . But feel free to comment on what you dont like about it 

medal medal

Guys, please re-read patch notes.

If you have a bug to report, please do it in technical section of the forum, not here.

If your launcher crash, please restart it, please restart your PC and try again - nothing helps - submit a bug report in technical section, not here.

Ideas of future development, suggestions? - Please use proper forum section, not this thread.

This thread is strictly to discuss listed patchnotes.

• Upvote 2

After this patch i am now not able to play the game because of a problem that keeps  popping up " Fatal Error Exception" please give me feed back on hot to fix this as I've tried everything

_Catweazle_63 (Posted )

Wrong section for this as can be read in Stona's post just above your post. Please go to the Community Technical support section with this issue
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal