QuarterNinjaCM

teamkilling
Team-killing policy

6,685 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, warrior412 said:

Appeasing them by reworking the game to accommodate the griefers will not stop them. That's why it hasn't.

Despite the promises, being weak on teamkillers has not stopped them from being an issue. Gaijin needs to rollback the TK damage change, reinstitute team damage for the sake of realism and make penalties for team-killing and griefing harsher (100,000 SL per TK would be an excellent place to start). That would solve the issue.

100 000 is a bit harsh considering accidental TKs happen. But i would start with making teamkiller pay the repair costs of the victim and some additional fee.

1 hour ago, _Catweazle_63 said:

"defending" by becoming a Team Killer is no solution, it makes you part of the problem and makes you the team killer.

but works. why did u just remove my post?

_Catweazle_63 (Posted )

because of the unsuitable content displayed in the picture

9 hours ago, _Catweazle_63 said:

FYI: frequent teamkillers will be removed from the battle automatically.

Not only the TK's per battle but per day/week are recorded.

Frequent teamkillers will be removed automatically once they reach the limit and can't join battles for a specific time.

The best solution against teamkillers is to let them kill you as much as possible so they are automatically taken care of.

"defending" by becoming a Team Killer is no solution, it makes you part of the problem and makes you the team killer.

And how does that help against indirect teamkillers and griefers? If I get pushed into a river, there is nothing to show everyone that that was the guy who killed me, thus I will most likely be the only one reporting him meaning the effect will be mininmal. Not to mention that all I get is a repair fine and a 7 minute crew lock.

21 minutes ago, igeticsu said:

And how does that help against indirect teamkillers and griefers? If I get pushed into a river, there is nothing to show everyone that that was the guy who killed me, thus I will most likely be the only one reporting him meaning the effect will be mininmal. Not to mention that all I get is a repair fine and a 7 minute crew lock.

There is a difference between Air and Ground battles.

In Air battles with FF-on TK's are happening on a regular basis and the culprit doing multiple TK's in one battle will be kicked immediatly.

What you describe is disruptive game play in Ground battles. If you report him (ingame and/or through the server replays this individual will be dealt with)https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/323318-disruptive-game-play-please-dont-do-it/

Whether there is one or multiple reports doesn't matter, disruptive game play is disruptive game play regardless the number of reports.

But TK's in AB GF ( by means of artillery of bombs) will also detected automatically as in RB as well.

13 hours ago, LuftMaus said:

but works. why did u just remove my post?

It works that one time and that one time only. But what else it does, is vindicates the teamkiller (that you teamkilled) in to thinking that he might as well continue to be a troll because he enjoys making people like you teamkill them. THINK, it's not that hard! Do you HONESLTY BELIEVE teamkillers are concerned about themselves being teamkilled? You are not accomplishing what you think you are accomplishing. This is why I firmly believe that all you people begging to look "justified" are only doing it because you don't know how to deal with your frustration when it happens so you need to teamkill yourself to make yourself feel better.

It is distressing at how it seems so few people have the willpower and fortitude to just get over it when it happens and move the heck on. Were you not taught such things as a kid? At the very least, were you not taught what's important and what isn't? Because, and this may come as a shock to you, THIS IS A COMPUTER GAME (and one console) AND IS NOT IMPORTANT. I'd expect these reactions from an adolescent but grown adults whining that "I should be allowed to teamkill the teamkiller and I won't stop going on about it!" is, honestly, sad. Don't you have important things in your life to spend that passion on?

Edited by ForgetItHappened

Just now, I teamkilled because I was firing on a bomber and a friendly zipped right in and I insta-killed him with a pilot snipe [because pilot snipes are out of control lately though no one will admit it], so I deserve to be teamkilled by you? It's "justified?" Ridiculous.

It's bad enough having to fly against jets with a 5.0br plane, but when you get TK'ed by a teammate in a F84 while you're flying in a 5.0br plane is pure BS. It's like they were playing the game as if they were the only human controlled aircraft and every other aircraft was AI controlled. "oh look! There's a B-29! And oh look! A teammate with a perfect position for a kill! Look at those tracers! I'll just zoom in and kill both of them! Why? Because I can and I need to feed my ego."

The only thing that will discourage teamkillers are harsh repercussions.

Automatic deductions in SL (and you might want to throw in an RP loss as well) for any teamkill - deliberate or accidental - works fine. I'm struggling to earn an SL profit if I have to pay for both upgrades and repairs so I'm definitely paying attention to what I'm shooting at (maybe the fine should vary in size depending on how much SL you have in the bank). I never deliberately teamkill - ever - but sometimes I don't pay enough attention (like when the friendly blue marker is obscured by the enemy red marker). My AI gunners have a couple of teamkills on their conscience as well. Automatic temp- and permabans for large number of teamkills (accidental or deliberate) is fine too.

To really deal with the problem the reporting system has to work. I don't know if it does now, but it has to. If an when the jury finds someone guilty the punishment should be severe:

1st offence: Large deduction in SL (say, 50% of what they have in the bank). Forced modifiers that reduce SL and RP earnings in the next, say, 10-20 matches (and any modifiers, wages and orders on hand are deleted). Plus an explanation of the punishment above and a stern warning that such behavior will not be tolerated and further offenses will have even stricter repercussions. We've all be young and foolish once, but anyone with two working brain cells left to rub together will get the idea and now have a chance to mend their ways. The negative modifiers are there as a reminder.

2nd offence: Total loss of all SL and convertible RP in the bank. Forced modifiers that reduce SL and RP earnings even more and last longer. Re-lock the players top tier vehicles (say, 5 of them), that have to be unlocked and spaded all over again. Have fun plodding along in your reserve planes earning bugger all for your effort as you contemplate your crimes (and hopefully have the brains to figure out going down this path will not end well for you). A message to the player explaining the above and warning that they're running out of goodwill very, very fast.

3rd offense: Temporary ban. When they return the punishment above will be repeated. A message to the player that this is the final warning.

4th offense: Permanent ban.

On top of that, players need to know that the reporting system is actually working and action is being taken. This is to encourage its use and discourage revenge teamkilling and similar in-game behavior. If you've reported someone and they get punished, you should get a pop-up message in the Hangar noting that you have reported someone, that someone has been found guilty and measures have been taken. I fully support the policy of no public shaming (and trolls just think it's a badge of honor), so the message should simply say "a player", not name the player specifically.

Unsportsmanlike conduct other than teamkilling may require less severe punishment, but should ultimately result in permaban as well.

(The above is mainly for Air Battles, modify for Ground Battles as appropriate)

Sidenote: At one time there was a free version of ArmA used by the British Army (I think it was called JCOVE, but don't quote me on that): You started off with tutorials, including a trip to the firing range. If you killed the AI shooting instructor the game would immediately uninstall itself. So of course everyone tried that. Once. After that, they made damn sure they didn't shoot any friendlies.

Well, time to memorialize another genius, *boyufufu.  He spawned in shooting at another player on our team who had to loop out of the way. 

I typed 'wtf, fight the enemy' in chat.  I forgot about it, as I was hitting ground targets with an IL-2.

Later, He spawned back in in a P-40, and immediately engaged my Yak-1B.   Funny thing, AB combat is a little harder against your own team (no aiming circle), but I shot down that P-40, and rest of the team said thanks in chat.

He was very arrogant in chat, it was ovious that he was doing it (team killing) on purpose.

2017.07.20 20.45.50teamkiller.wrpl

Edited by Barry100
typo

2 hours ago, Barry100 said:

Well, time to memorialize another genius, *boyufufu.  He spawned in shooting at another player on our team who had to loop out of the way. 

I typed 'wtf, fight the enemy' in chat.  I forgot about it, as I was hitting ground targets with an IL-2.

Later, He spawned back in in a P-40, and immediately engaged my Yak-1B.   Funny thing, AB combat is a little harder against your own team (no aiming circle), but I shot down that P-40, and rest of the team said thanks in chat.

He was very arrogant in chat, it was ovious that he was doing it (team killing) on purpose.

2017.07.20 20.45.50teamkiller.wrpl

https://www.google.com.ph/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwio1J2ts5nVAhXMjJQKHa5ICgwQtwIIJjAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DSQAqTyLndSU&usg=AFQjCNGLVKyJ2SV3AWZRfW9lsK8KwAzhOw

He doesn't seem to be Tkng here but did not watch the whole thing

Hope you reported this jerk

Edited by Oldtimer1955