QuarterNinjaCM

teamkilling
Team-killing policy

6,685 posts in this topic

Dear players, here is our new policy regarding Team Killing with the auto kick / ban feature.

Gaijin's stance at this time is:

Any team kill incident has negative consequences for the team-killer. We already have auto-kick and auto-ban features and continuously working on team killing policy as it can be seen from latest changes.

What is the Auto Kick and Auto ban feature?  It is explained below:

To determine if it is necessary to punish players that are firing on allies  (deliberate or accidental), we are recording statistics regarding the number of occasions when destruction or damage is done to allies in conjunction with the number of aircraft and tanks used in battle by the player causing the damage. For various actions against allies, a user will collect a specific number of penalty points. The number of penalty points gathered depends on the type of vehicle in which a player has damaged his allies and the game mode in which the player is in . From this data we calculate what appropriate punishment will be given to the user that has attacked their allies. All this depends on the actions that a player has done. A player can be kicked from the session or even banned from it.

From now on, not only the amount of teamkills within a certain period of time will be taken into account, but also a comparison between teamkills to respawns which in most cases will indicate bad intention - eg if a player spawns, teamkills, spawns again , teamkills etc etc. This means that now the system will also take the into account the amount of respawns so that players who have destroyed their allies unintentionally will not be punished. Also, damaging allies by shooting or ramming is also now taken into account. So deliberate shooting at teammates may result in a kick from the session and ban from 1 to 7 days, depending on the situation. The system will try to determine and identify only unsportsmanship behaviour.

Specific cases or issues may be resolved by Game-masters.

IMPORTANT!

Please report all incidents of malicious (abusive) teamkilling.
Please report all incidents of malicious (abusive) teamkilling, commited by a group of players (squadron, clan).

Historical Battles (HB) / Full Real Battles (FRB)

2 TK per session – auto kick from session.

+1 - Hopefully this will cut down on TK'ing

Good!

How is it calculated if sb has 2 TKs in HB and 3 TKs in AB in one day?

Otherwise good stuff! Now the next thing that needs addressing is the friendlies flying into your line of fire...

Besides automated system, feel free to report TK. We will investigate and ban the abusers

This is exactly what we need  :Ds

Where do I report, right here? During game, too busy trying to keep my team alive, after game, no report button.

Where do I report, right here? During game, too busy trying to keep my team alive, after game, no report button.

If you remember the player's name you can search them and report them after the battle. Assuming you're playing arcade, you could report them in between deaths or in travel time. If you're playing HB/FRB, you can report them immediately after you die. All of this can be done via the scoreboard while ingame.

Encouraging people to report is not that great of an idea. World of tanks does it and all that happened was they got inundated with replays of "team kills". Most of them were accidental some not.  Keep in mind accidental team kills are way more often in WT due to the nature of flying. Guys come out of no where while you're shooting at someone and fly through your pattern of rounds. I'd say that type of "true" accidental team kill happens 25% of the time.

The other 75% of the time its still not on purpose but, and its a big "but" its happening because their trying to steal your kill. Plain and simple. Their shooting from behind you to kill the plane you are about to take out. you have all seen it. A bomber going down, all four engines on fire and low and behold, everyone on the team see's a plane on fire and starts shooting at it and killing you in the process. To me, this is worst then intentional team kills. The system will do what its designed to do and ban the intentional team killers.

I'd like to see reflective damage done.  In other words any damage you have received from a team mate is reflected right back at the person doing the team damage while you receive no damage. If you are truly concerned about team killing and team damage this is the only way to downright end it.

Promoting players to report any and all abusive team kills is just stupid. What one see's as an honest mistake the other may see as " he's out to get me, how dare he do that to me. I'm reporting". 

I mean come on, I've seen guys spam the chat window for the whole game saying their reporting so and so for a accidental team kill even though the player that did the team kill apologized. Thats all I ask for. Just say sorry and I'm all good. Mistakes happen. It's the Team kill when their trying to leech your kill which drives me nuts.

I'd never report someone over a team kill. Seems and feels childish to me. But then again, I understand life is not fair.

And if War Thunder were truly concerned they would make the damage reflective. Cant team kill if all your doing is killing yourself now can you?   :Ds

And just to add one more thing, all of the "incidents of malicious (abusive) teamkilling"  I've seen has stemmed from exactly what I'm talking about above. One guy gets TK'd due to another player being ignorant and trying to kill the target he's right behind. A kill that player can never get unless he removes the plane in his way. That plane being his team mate. So in return the player that got TK'd in the first place starts TK'ing the TK'er and so on. The cycle continues until you have two players banned when it could have been stopped in the first place with, you guess it, reflective damage.  ;)s

My two cents on the matter. And I'm not sure it's ever worth that.

If you remember the player's name you can search them and report them after the battle. Assuming you're playing arcade, you could report them in between deaths or in travel time. If you're playing HB/FRB, you can report them immediately after you die. All of this can be done via the scoreboard while ingame.

Tried this, there's NO button for it after battle. Only options are like, send message, add friend, invite to squad, view gamer card, blacklist.

On a related note, what does blacklist actually do? Blacklisting a TKer won't stop him from TKing me right? just not let me see his stupid chats?

I don't die easily in my P-40, he sure tried, but failed, twice, with starting advantage, then targeted another blue and chased and killed him all while pretending he didn't have a clue, he sure recognized friendly fire when it happened to him though, so he knew what he was doing for sure, didn't have time to report as I was constantly watching my six for TKer, in combat, or chatting, and battle ended unexpectedly, too distracted by TKer.

I saved a replay of an individual doing team damage to multiple team members and one team kill. Is there a place for me to submit the replay?

It turns out, I was all wrong about my TKer, and for that I apologize.

He didn't target me twice and kill one other friendly after all.

According to further review of the battle by going into his perspective, he targeted me THREE times, and chased and shot at THREE other friendlies, killing one of them, never made any attempt to shoot a red.

I have uploaded the two perspectives to YouTube if any moderator has any interest in the case. Unfortunately, I didn't get enough of the Chat screen captured during the game, but I have zero doubt he knew he was shooting at friendlies.

It turns out, I was all wrong about my TKer, and for that I apologize.

He didn't target me twice and kill one other friendly after all.

According to further review of the battle by going into his perspective, he targeted me THREE times, and chased and shot at THREE other friendlies, killing one of them, never made any attempt to shoot a red.

I have uploaded the two perspectives to YouTube if any moderator has any interest in the case. Unfortunately, I didn't get enough of the Chat screen captured during the game, but I have zero doubt he knew he was shooting at friendlies.

Just enjoy the game and play it. Why are you letting one guy make you spend so much time trying to get him in trouble when there is already a system built in for it? 

And instead of trying to do that how about looking at what I wrote above? Reflective damage will end all Team killing.

Reflective damage is not the solution, it would only make other people put between you and your target and any accidental damage would reflect on you.

Fair? I do not think so...

I don't care if this one guy gets in trouble or not, I want more strict team damage rules. As strict as they can possibly be. If I scratch paint on a friendly I want a huge SL penalty, If I kill a single one I want a day's ban. 2 in 2 days? Week ban. 3 in a week? Month ban. Maybe start off with some warnings, kinda like free repairs that run out. Message like, "Hey, you just killed a teammate, when you run out of warnings, this would result in your account being banned for XX days. You have XX warnings left."

I just had a fun time in a Historical battle with a wanna-be TEAM KILLER. His handle is (if you don't understand think of the first part as ) This  was trying his best to shoot me down right after takeoff. I saved my replay to show you the outcome. This  cost me 17840 lions but I hope it cost him even more. I'm tired of little S#itbirds who think it's funny to team kill. Session booting is to mild if you as me.

Just to be clear, I've been hit by the occasional burst from players that accidentally hit me. I maneuvered out of this line of fire and he adjusted to keep firing. Then I switched to gunner and took his out. Gotta love the A-20G

Attached Thumbnails
  • post-245634-0-47911700-1378008012_thumb.
  • post-245634-0-37481900-1378008083_thumb.
  • post-245634-0-67463500-1378008109_thumb.

No name and shame 

Reflective damage is not the solution, it would only make other people put between you and your target and any accidental damage would reflect on you.

Fair? I do not think so...

You make no sense at all.        "it would only make other people put between you and your target and any accidental damage would reflect on you."  <<<<<<IN ENGLISH???

I don't care if this one guy gets in trouble or not, I want more strict team damage rules. As strict as they can possibly be. If I scratch paint on a friendly I want a huge SL penalty, If I kill a single one I want a day's ban. 2 in 2 days? Week ban. 3 in a week? Month ban. Maybe start off with some warnings, kinda like free repairs that run out. Message like, "Hey, you just killed a teammate, when you run out of warnings, this would result in your account being banned for XX days. You have XX warnings left."

Your nuts. Friendly fire happens on the Modern battle field all the time..Way more then it ever should.

How the heck do you expect it not to happen in a game? Scratch you paint you want a fine? lol. :facepalm:

You got an anger issue dont you.... 

Just what war thunder needs. Is to start banning paying customers for accidental team damage. You know what happens after that? No more paying customers. Then you can fly in the sky all alone and not worry about any scratches on your paint. But maybe they should fine the occasional tree you may hit? Or better yet, Move that tree out of the game.....

You make no sense at all.        "it would only make other people put between you and your target and any accidental damage would reflect on you."  <<<<<<IN ENGLISH???

For your better understanding:    

1) You are chasing a bandit.

2) Kill stealer places himself in front of you and behind that bandit (at his 6 more especifically and your 12, both positions simultaneously)

3) Reflective damage makes you get damage since you were firing when your kill stealing teammate did that.

Conclusion: reflective damage enhances kill stealing. Fair? I do not think so.

Reflective fire won't help because people will purposely drop in front of you to steal a kill, and if you keep working on the kill, you kill yourself.

Hitting an enemy is worth a few SL, right? Let's say it's worth 20 SL + 20 XP, make team damage worth -80 SL + -80 XP. Not enough to affect a good pilot that gets a few accidental hits, but perhaps enough to reduce carelessness if you're causing a lot of non lethal team damage while chasing red guys.

I don't know the exact optimal numbers that would be fair to accidental kills but adequately punish intentional kills, but I'd prefer tighter to looser.

My point is, there seems to currently be NO PENALTY AT ALL for team damage, and the team kill auto kick 'feature' looks too loose in requirements to activate, and too lax in the punishment.

Ideally, someone spawns in and immediately attacks a friendly, he's automatically detected as doing friendly damage and penalized, if he's not, he gets reported by players, and that's the end of it.

What happens now is, someone spawns in and immediately attacks a friendly, and nothing happens. File a report, ok, but he's still here trying to kill us.

With such lax team killing rules, if someone attacks me, I'll try to escape first, give them a chance to stop. If they continue or make a second aggressive posture, I will burn their plane to ash, and I get hit with a 5000 SL penalty, a slap on the wrist for simple self defense.

^On top of that, a good pilot can TK 4 friendlies and still make a profit, without premium. With premium it must be even worse. 

1 day ban is a bit much, but 1 hour should do it. Maybe just locks on the crew for a day. Still have 4 other nations to fly and either be more careful or get those crews locked as well.

How bout giving YOU an option to KICK the team killer from the session?

If players see it as accidental, then they wouldn't kick. If intentional, then they can kick. 

Most TK were accidents with an exception of 1 or 2. One guy intentionally hit my tail of the plane and cut it off, and then started laughing.......lol

^ this made me wish for an option to kick him ...