Jump to content

Update 27.10.2016 (Server Update)


 Share

Conqueror_3_1920x1080.png

 

  • Real tank sights magnification has been implemented on rank IV ground vehicles, except for a few vehicles that had real magnification of less than 3x (Panzerbefelhswagen VI P, Pzkpfw VI Tiger P, A43 Black Prince, IS-2 1943, ISU-122/122S/152).
  • BR’s in RB for following vehicles have been changed: B-18А - from 2.3 to 1.7, KV-122 - from 6.0 to 5.7.

Note: This server update applies to all platforms unless specifically highlighted.


The current provided patchnotes reflect the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates and fixes may be not listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving all the time and certain fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

  • Upvote 16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Senior Game Master

Very nice and much anticipated and appreciated!

 

However I'm a bit confused about the wording (or about the fact that the list included all vehicles): Does it mean that only Rank IV vehicles get the new sights, or all vehicles UP TO Rank IV (as V already got it with recent patch)?

 

Also, how are the special cases solved which seem to have 3 steps of magnification (Panther 2, Panther F,...)?

 

Edit: What would be nice now is if those "new" values would be shown somewhere in the stats card: Magnification and FOV...   ;-)

  • Upvote 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Schindibee said:

Very nice and much anticipated and appreciated!

 

However I'm a bit confused about the wording (or about the fact that the list included all vehicles): Does it mean that only Rank IV vehicles get the new sights, or all vehicles UP TO Rank IV (as V already got it with recent patch)?

Pretty sure it means only T4. First they did T5 now T4 and maybe next will be T3 and so on.

 

14 minutes ago, Schindibee said:

Edit: What would be nice now is if those "new" values would be shown somewhere in the stats card: Magnification and FOV...   ;-)

I agree, make a suggestion :D

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Schindibee said:

Also, how are the special cases solved which seem to have 3 steps of magnification (Panther 2, Panther F,...)?

 

 

Exactly. In the Leopard 1 the Rangefinder was the primary optic used by the gunner, while the coaxial optic (used in game) was secondary. Source

 

 

Edited by Vitasalato
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IIRC the Panther D had the  Turmzielfernrohr TZF 12 which only has a fixed 2.5x magnification.

That said, I think that the 2.5 ones should have 2.5x and not 3x (unless I'm reading this wrong, but it sounds like you implemented better zoom for those that had more than 3.0x zoom, but left the others at 3.0x zoom despite them having lower zoom in real life.)

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, OddballE8 said:

IIRC the Panther D had the  Turmzielfernrohr TZF 12 which only has a fixed 2.5x magnification.

That said, I think that the 2.5 ones should have 2.5x and not 3x (unless I'm reading this wrong, but it sounds like you implemented better zoom for those that had more than 3.0x zoom, but left the others at 3.0x zoom despite them having lower zoom in real life.)

Yeah, if the tank had really weak optics, it stays at 3x zoom. While I would not mind those tanks also getting real optics - for more realism - I can kind of see why it is so (balance?). On the other hand, it could actually itself serve for better-balanced gameplay and some more variety... :dntknw:

medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When we will get the datasheets for the zoom optics for each tank????

  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Vitasalato said:

 

They already did

 

 

oh thanks! i missed it

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well i have a question, why has Flakpanzer I "Gepard" a Multiplication of 3, his optics had in real life a 1.5(50°) to 6(12,5°) Multiplication?

  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, but what does the "range" column mean on the spreadsheet? I don't really understand why those numbers deviate so much.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the real tank sights implementation ,but I fail to see any logic appart from trying to attract more customer about the kv-122 br change.

at 6.0 it was a great is2 counterpart , and it didn't gave an edge to anyone buying it , now people buying it will be able to club 4.7 with it

medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow! The difference is enormous. Now I can actually aim at weak spots from far away (Panther G).

And the field of view is still decent, even when zoomed in...

 

Looks like German tanks have a massive field of view advantage!

 

 

 

 

medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Osskyw said:

What does the "range" mean in the google docs chart?

 

field of view, bad translation.

medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...