This game is beyond belief when it comes to the M10's turret speed. there are several uploads on youtube of ww2 combat footage plus footage of M10's being used by Tiawan in war games....basicly, the turret speed in this game is complete bollocks.

as it stands, the M10 only gets maps that dont have a clear view of fire and therefor cant respond in time to a target presenting itself.

i have played this TD for over 10 games and yet to get off a decent shot.

basicly- its russian BIAS !

• Upvote 3

Turret traverse in this training video (@ 8.14) looks pretty slow.

Later in the video they train attacking tanks and mainly use the hull to change turret direction by large angles.

Do you have a video you can link? Sometimes videos are speed up so its hard to use them in bug reports, unless playback speed can shown to be approximately correct.

Edited by BPNZ
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Charles__Bronson said:

This game is beyond belief when it comes to the M10's turret speed. there are several uploads on youtube of ww2 combat footage plus footage of M10's being used by Tiawan in war games....basicly, the turret speed in this game is complete bollocks. See above answer, Maybe the Taiwanese slightly upgraded their M10

as it stands, the M10 only gets maps that dont have a clear view of fire and therefor cant respond in time to a target presenting itself.

basicly- its russian BIAS ! If you'd call it BIAS, it would make sense, but this has nothing to do with the Russians, The Germans are quite often just as dificult to deal with, as are British cromwells

Maybe you should stop raging, and try to think up a solution: Find a vehicle that suits you better, or improve your tactics.

The British M10 Achilles has the same issue, and if I see an enemy coming up, or want to attack from cover, I start turning my turret right away, rather than waiting if he gets close. I got a couple of kills like that.

you could also go play turretless vehicles. If you master them, and then switch back to the M10, i bet it'll feel a lot better

Edited by Saint_StuG
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

M10 was hand-cranked according to all its manuals.

Its turret was suposedly very inbalanced. So.... 

• Upvote 1
medal

If you don't like the M10, then don't bother with it, play some other tanks and just get the M18.

• Upvote 1

Quoting Zaloga: "The lack of a power traverse for the turret was a significant drawback in tank fighting, as it took nearly eighty seconds to traverse the turret 180 degrees" That would give around 2.25°/s so yeah it was pretty slow.

• Upvote 3
medal

Add in the Ram M10. they did add a power traverse to it.

But it still had issues turning on slopes even with it due to having no counter weights on the back, and then just the lighter early one's at a later date that helped somewhat.

The US had developed a dual crank system for hand traverse on the M10 that would allow two crew members to use it which speed it up, but I don't know if they ever ended up back fitting them.

Edited by Whelmy
medal

Why would the M10 need power traverse?

They didn't make it for War Thunder. American (and British) TD doctrine was to use them at range to support a defensive action or a backstop to an attack.

No point putting in kit you do not need.

medal

21 minutes ago, Fallenkezef said:

Why would the M10 need power traverse?

They didn't make it for War Thunder. American (and British) TD doctrine was to use them at range to support a defensive action or a backstop to an attack.

No point putting in kit you do not need.

The Canadians were unsatisfied with the turret traverse of the M10 and looked for either alternative vehicles or ways to improve it. Eventually they decided to begrudgingly take it as it was.

medal medal medal

14 minutes ago, Mercedes4321 said:

The Canadians were unsatisfied with the turret traverse of the M10 and looked for either alternative vehicles or ways to improve it. Eventually they decided to begrudgingly take it as it was.

Canadians where pretty aggressive in thier tactics and pushed thier TD's forward.

Always makes me chuckle, Canada has this reputation for being overly nice and polite yet in both wars became famous ( and feared by the Germans) for aggressive and fierce fighting

medal

10 minutes ago, Fallenkezef said:

Canadians where pretty aggressive in thier tactics and pushed thier TD's forward.

Always makes me chuckle, Canada has this reputation for being overly nice and polite yet in both wars became famous ( and feared by the Germans) for aggressive and fierce fighting

It's the suppressed aggressions. All let out in the wars.

medal medal

3 hours ago, Stahlvormund101 said:

It's the suppressed aggressions. All let out in the wars.

That woukd explain it, wars and hockey games

medal

The one time America went to war with Canada, the Canadians crossed the border, burned the White House to the ground, said 'Don't so it again' and went home.

medal medal medal

On 10/22/2016 at 3:12 PM, Charles__Bronson said:

This game is beyond belief when it comes to the M10's turret speed. there are several uploads on youtube of ww2 combat footage plus footage of M10's being used by Tiawan in war games....basicly, the turret speed in this game is complete bollocks.

basicly- its russian BIAS !

You mistook a M18 for a M10. Taiwan mounted some M18 turrets to Bulldog chassis.

The M10's turret rotation speed in game is roughly correct, it was a hand cranked turret. 

medal medal

What? Its one of the best 3.7 TDs in the game, just find a decent spot to park and start collecting the frags. The turret armor on this thing is actually pretty excellent for a tier where everything else is paper and lets not forget the 50 cal.

Edited by inset_judgement
medal medal

TANK DESTROYER
FIELD MANUAL

3-INCH GUN MOTOR CARRIAGE M10
76-MM GUN MOTOR CARRIAGE T70
3-INCH TOWED GUN (GUN M5
AND CARRIAGE M1) >
4 December 1943

3-INCH GUN MOTOR CARRIAGE M10 AND M1OA1

(2) Elevating and traversing mechanism.-(a) To elevate
or depress.-Elevation or depression is accomplished by handwheels
located on either side of the gun. The solenoid firing
button is located on the left handwheel. To elevate, the left
handwheel is rotated clockwise.
(b) To traverse.-360° traverse of the gun is accomplished
by a large traversing handwheel, located on the side of
the turret to the left of the gun which rotates a pinion in
mesh with the turret ring gear and causes the turret to rotate.
To traverse right, the traversing handwheel is rotated
clockwise.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal