Hi guys, could someone answer me on these questione that I posted in another section of the forum? It's CDK related. Thanks!

medal medal medal medal medal

37 minutes ago, *AceOfAces99 said:

Hi guys, could someone answer me on these questione that I posted in another section of the forum? It's CDK related. Thanks!

It was already answered, but I'll try again.

1) Yes, you need to have the game client installed. You also need to have an account since you will have to test the location in the client.

2) You don't need to sign in to the CDK itself, but you will have to sign in to the game client as mentioned above.

3) I think initially the editor will work, but for big projects the specifications might not be sufficient.

23 minutes ago, LordMustang said:

It was already answered, but I'll try again.

1) Yes, you need to have the game client installed. You also need to have an account since you will have to test the location in the client.

2) You don't need to sign in to the CDK itself, but you will have to sign in to the game client as mentioned above.

3) I think initially the editor will work, but for big projects the specifications might not be sufficient.

Mmmh then it brings other questions:

1) Could you advice me a good laptop that can run the CDK with no issues? It should be price-accessible too.

2) Since I'm on PS4 and I do not want to Switch to PC, how can I evade the creation of a second account?

3) Can another user try the creation made by me for me without testing it myself?

4) Do you know anyone who's good at making locations starting from 0?

medal medal medal medal medal

54 minutes ago, *AceOfAces99 said:

1) Could you advice me a good laptop that can run the CDK with no issues? It should be price-accessible too.

Those two don't go well together. Laptops are generally more expensive than their desktop counterparts with similar performance. For big projects in the editor you will need a good PC. I would be looking in the $1500 or higher range if you're looking for a laptop that can handle editor tasks well. If you want to create a full-fledged location you will likely have to run the game client, the editor, asset viewer and perhaps Photoshop, Substance or 3ds Max at the same time. This can easily require at least 16gb of memory, which already puts you in an expensive laptop class.

2) Since I'm on PS4 and I do not want to Switch to PC, how can I evade the creation of a second account?

You can bind your PS4 account to an email and log in with it on the PC client.

3) Can another user try the creation made by me for me without testing it myself?

They can, but such a thing is not very feasible without a proper pipeline. You will need to test the location a lot. Doing this locally makes much more sense during development.

4) Do you know anyone who's good at making locations starting from 0?

Please search for the tutorials scattered around here and on YouTube. Nobody will explain you the entire process from 0, but if you assemble the knowledge of the guides and tutorials available you will figure it out.

• 2 months later...
On 15/07/2020 at 02:32, Off_The_Ricta said:

Can anyone please help me with : Landmesh: offset=(-56320.000000, 0.000000, -56320.000000) is not multiple of cellSize=7040.000

error when I try export my "from scratch" map?

tia

Does this error prevent you from exporting? I believe this means that the cellsize of the map doesn't match with your total map size, but I could be wrong.

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, YamashiroKai said:

Hello, I get this error by simply doing nothing once I have loaded any location:

I3qjJAD.png

Please go to War Thunder\WarThunderCDK\levels\<<yourlevel>>\ and delete the file <<yourlevel>>.level.local.blk. !Do not delete <<yourlevel>>.level.blk. Only the level.local.blk file. Then restart the editor and reload the level. Does this resolve it?

4 hours ago, LordMustang said:

Please go to War Thunder\WarThunderCDK\levels\<<yourlevel>>\ and delete the file <<yourlevel>>.level.local.blk. !Do not delete <<yourlevel>>.level.blk. Only the level.local.blk file. Then restart the editor and reload the level. Does this resolve it?

This doesn't work.

medal medal

1 minute ago, LordMustang said:

You say this problem occurs on any location project you load?

Correct. I tried it on the default maps the CDK comes with and i've done a fresh reinstall and it still occurs.

medal medal

And now my game crashes with an exception when I attempt to load the map.

I fixed it... but I'm not sure what the cause was in the first place.

Edited by YamashiroKai
medal medal

37 minutes ago, YamashiroKai said:

How do I change the bounds of a map? When I fly in an aircraft on my custom location i get the "return to battlefield" message.

mapCoord0:p2=-30000.0, -30000.0
mapCoord1:p2=30000.0, 30000.0
aiMapCoord0:p2=-30000.0, -30000.0
aiMapCoord1:p2=30000.0, 30000.0
minAreaSize:p2=12000.0, 12000.0

Replace the values.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, LordMustang said:
mapCoord0:p2=-30000.0, -30000.0
mapCoord1:p2=30000.0, 30000.0
aiMapCoord0:p2=-30000.0, -30000.0
aiMapCoord1:p2=30000.0, 30000.0
minAreaSize:p2=12000.0, 12000.0

Replace the values.

Much obliged.

medal medal

• 2 weeks later...

I've created a mission file to test it in multiplayer. Where would everyone need to extract the location files (.bin and .blk) in order for it to work when hosting a custom match? When a friend attempted to host it we got 'invalid mission parameters'.

medal medal

4 minutes ago, YamashiroKai said:

I've created a mission file to test it in multiplayer. Where would everyone need to extract the location files (.bin and .blk) in order for it to work when hosting a custom match? When a friend attempted to host it we got 'invalid mission parameters'.

This cannot be done. Custom levels are not supported in multiplayer.

1 minute ago, LordMustang said:

This cannot be done. Custom levels are not supported in multiplayer.

Dammit OK.

On the wiki it states that popular maps have a chance of making into the game. How can I test multiplayer maps if they're single player only?

medal medal

Just now, YamashiroKai said:

Dammit OK.

On the wiki it states that popular maps have a chance of making into the game. How can I test multiplayer maps if they're single player only?

Not possible as of now, sorry. You will have to test in singleplayer.

Would you happen to know how Gaijin measures a custom map's popularity? I'm making a naval map and they're inherently unpopular so I think it would be a hard to get people to play it.

medal medal