oXoP4NDEMiCZoXo

LocationED General Discussion

On 28/10/2016 at 10:21 PM, LordMustang said:

Open my tutorial and scroll down to the section Scatter Mask. The block of code there contains a grass layer and explanation of the different syntaxes. 

 

Excellent, I'll read that tuto this week, thank you very much for that !

medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/10/2016 at 11:58 PM, dariussiriuse said:

Hi!  Well there is not nord pas de calais map... you was talking about regions... maybe I can set the region, but if that's the case how ?

And if it isn't the case, I don't have that map... what can I do ?

 

In english test flight channel map you can't go on France (Boulognes, Dunkerque and Calais), but in "edited mission" in the test flight, you can choose the full map where you can choose the region (east of Boulognes-sur-Mer for exemple).

medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone -  I am looking to create an alternate history series of user missions based on some real world locations. I have not yet done any work in the CDK - seen all the tutorials , understand the concept, and will find time over the coming months to start skilling up.. What I do have is good GIS skills and access to some quality data, particularly height models and I think a pretty good 'story' that people will find popular - let me know if you're interested in collaborating..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2017 at 2:46 PM, Flame2512 said:

Anyone know a good place to get height maps of real world locations?

 

Maybe try modeling a map manually based on real-world topography (or urban height-maps based on GIS satellite data).

 

gisdata.jpg

belchertown.jpg

 

Or you could also try generating a terrain/heightmap using software like World Machine and uploading it to the CDK (example creation process & uploading to Unreal 4 in spoiler):

Spoiler

.

.

https://wiki.unrealengine.com/World_Machine_to_UE4_using_World_Composition

 

Edited by Results45
medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22-1-2017 at 11:46 PM, Flame2512 said:

Anyone know a good place to get height maps of real world locations?

terrain.party

 

Maximum size is 60x60km though, so you'll likely have to combine several images for a bigger map.

 

Edited by LordMustang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, LordMustang said:

terrain.party

 

Maximum size is 60x60km though, so you'll likely have to combine several images for a bigger map.

 

I found a height map but I need to change it from .tga to one of the raw formats in order to import it, anyone know any free way of doing that (don't have Photoshop)? I found terrain party but the area I want to make would need too many images and I gather lining them up would be a royal pain.

Edited by Flame2512
medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Flame2512 said:

I found a height map but I need to change it from .tga to one of the raw formats in order to import it, anyone know any free way of doing that (don't have Photoshop)? I found terrain party but the area I want to make would need too many images and I gather lining them up would be a royal pain.

Problem is that most heightmaps aren't that big, so combining images will most likely be obligatory. You can google for SRTM data or something similar to get satalite data, but terrainparty uses the same.

 

For importing it, you can open it in Gimp (I think) and save it as an .r16 file.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a forum post a week or two ago with some guy that  found a free program that successful makes raw files that work with cdk. I've tried gimp to save the raw files but it never worked for me. So I had to use Photoshop.

Edited by Gallonmate
medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2017 at 8:19 PM, Gallonmate said:

There was a forum post a week or two ago with some guy that  found a free program that successful makes raw files that work with cdk. I've tried gimp to save the raw files but it never worked for me. So I had to use Photoshop.

 

 

Sounds interesting is there a link to the forum post?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personnally I open in photoshop a new 2048x2048 file, 16bits, grey levels copy/paste - draw on it, then save in photoshop raw 16 (option IBMPC) and that works.

 

By the way, any clue to have working fx objects in hangar custom maps (smoke, rainfall, dust) ?

medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi  please help I need to put a tank spawn in the middle of Sinai for tanks so that all of the Sinai can be played by tanks. Please help me. I need a (Multi user mission) where there is a spawn for planes in respective airports and two tank spawns in the middle of the large desert. Can someone explain to me how the airplane file of  Sinai would be taken and spawns would be put in place. Or would anyone be kind enough to create such thing for me as I imagine i n the hands of a professional this would would not require long. Thank you so much in advance.

medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2017 at 11:53 PM, *Baconator100012 said:

We should have a foggy no mans land map!

 

That would be something!

 

On 3/7/2017 at 7:22 PM, MT401012 said:

Hi  please help I need to put a tank spawn in the middle of Sinai for tanks so that all of the Sinai can be played by tanks. Please help me. I need a (Multi user mission) where there is a spawn for planes in respective airports and two tank spawns in the middle of the large desert. Can someone explain to me how the airplane file of  Sinai would be taken and spawns would be put in place. Or would anyone be kind enough to create such thing for me as I imagine i n the hands of a professional this would would not require long. Thank you so much in advance.

 

 

This seems like your trying to create a user mission, not a location this is done in the mission editor, not the location editor there are many videos even by the WT official channel about the mission

 

Editor, there is also a topic above us that deals with missions were as here is more for locations rather than missions. but your issue should be fairly easy to fix. :salute:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found a War Thunder heightmap generation tutorial on YouTube:

The guy speaks Russian, but you can still follow along reading the English labels he clicks on in 3DS Max (which is free.) :wink:

 

Similar tutorial using World Machine:

Spoiler

1315970027_Mordor_01.jpg

1330296967_Mt-Lucifer_-_WM.jpg

1321540008_New_Mesa_-_WM.jpg

1359335922_Dragons_Head.jpg

1278634975_8.jpg

1440375120_hb908ed5e6b014817d757c7c8c909

1310473587_Pleistocene_5-1_PostFiltersDe

1330639383_WildernessRules800.jpg

1278634527_1.jpg

.

Edited by Results45
medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This has probably been asked and answered a thousand times but, I am wondering if there are any motives within Gaijin to creating a portion of the CDK for tank battles. Guessing this already exists since there user made test missions in which case i need some serious guidance around the engine. I intend to make Golan Heights and Peleliu as tank battles maps for the revenue exchange program.

 

  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, *Sea-_-fire said:

This has probably been asked and answered a thousand times but, I am wondering if there are any motives within Gaijin to creating a portion of the CDK for tank battles. Guessing this already exists since there user made test missions in which case i need some serious guidance around the engine. I intend to make Golan Heights and Peleliu as tank battles maps for the revenue exchange program.

 

So what exactly do you want to know?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2018 at 2:11 PM, *Sea-_-fire said:

This has probably been asked and answered a thousand times but, I am wondering if there are any motives within Gaijin to creating a portion of the CDK for tank battles. Guessing this already exists since there user made test missions in which case i need some serious guidance around the engine. I intend to make Golan Heights and Peleliu as tank battles maps for the revenue exchange program.

 

 

This is a Tunisia tank user mission me and Lord Sofa made a while back for a mission contest:

de_scrn006.jpg

https://live.warthunder.com/post/594946/en/

 

Feel free to play around with it! ;) 

  • Upvote 1
medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Need help, when I put down an entity, it is black, how do I fix this? (some other entities render just fine.) Black entity only shows in Location editor, in game it renders the texture just fine.

CDK version: WarThunderCDK 2018 03 16  01 01

My stats: Windows 10 x64

 Intel Pentium CPU G3260 @ 3.30 GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.3GHz

 8192mb ram

 DirectX 12

NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 4GB

 

[Edit:] I downloaded 26 may version of CDK, and putting entities down, textures render normally.

 

black entities.jpg

Edited by Acmetexo
medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Acmetexo said:

Need help, when I put down an entity, it is black, how do I fix this? (some other entities render just fine.) Black entity only shows in Location editor, in game it renders the texture just fine.

CDK version: WarThunderCDK 2018 03 16  01 01

My stats: Windows 10 x64

 Intel Pentium CPU G3260 @ 3.30 GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.3GHz

 8192mb ram

 DirectX 12

NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 4GB

 

[Edit:] I downloaded 26 may version of CDK, and putting entities down, textures render normally.

 

black entities.jpg

I noticed this issue as well. I've forwarded it to a developer.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, LordMustang said:

I noticed this issue as well. I've forwarded it to a developer.

Thanks. I hope it will be fixed in the near future.

medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26-3-2018 at 1:37 PM, Acmetexo said:

Thanks. I hope it will be fixed in the near future.

I spoke to a developer and managed to solve the issue with black textures. These textures use the new 'microdetail' feature. If you don't activate this, the textures will be black/not there.

 

The solution is to load a level.blk of a location of your choice. It can be a custom location, or an already existing location.

 

6H0fMkj.jpg

 

Select a Level BLK for microdetails texture.

Edited by LordMustang
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2018 at 4:53 PM, LordMustang said:

I spoke to a developer and managed to solve the issue with black textures. These textures use the new 'microdetail' feature. If you don't activate this, the textures will be black/not there.

 

The solution is to load a level.blk of a location of your choice. It can be a custom location, or an already existing location.

 

image.png

 

Select a Level BLK for microdetails texture.

Thank you very much. But how do I do that? Maybe you showed that in the image, but that image is not showing.

noimage.PNG

medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.