oXoP4NDEMiCZoXo

LocationED General Discussion

Hello all I created this section so map makers can help eath other out ext, nothing more nothing less enjoy your stay! :)

 

Also if a mod could be a real awesome fam & will pin this topic would be much appreciated.

Pacifica (Posted )

Pinned !
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Idea, I think we can start to do quick and easy resume of what we understood so far and what we don't (Heightmap landmesh, Script Parameters, water, vertical texture, horizontal texture, grass, splines, blk files...)

 

My actual questions are :

 

1 - Tile Detail Texture : How to have different tile textures in different parts of the ground (when I choose one, for exemple on "\#gameRes\landscape_extra", it is apllied to all the map).

 

2 - Water : how to change water model (transparency, color, waves ?)

 

3 - Weather : is that possible to have some clouds in map destined for hangars ?

 

4 - Vehicule positioning : is that possible like before to place vehicule by type ? fighter, light fighter, heavy bomber, medium bomber, etc...

 

Edit : Thanks for the Pin Pacifica !

Edited by Petranera
  • Upvote 2
medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

pinned on request, and Thanks Petranera for the heads up o7

 

And Good luck OP becoming a Tech Mod o7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried the grass code you gave me oXoP4NDEMiCZoXo but that give an error when I launch the game, something like "grass_color.blk can't be find". I think I miss something. Do we have to make a mask for the grass in the LocationED ?

 

Other stuff, I've seen that there are info about water in the "level.blk" file with probably possible modification to have a more customized water, I have to make some sorcerer trails with that :

 

Spoiler

shader_vars{
  water{

    water_sparkles_mul:r=0.006    
    water_sparkles_fade_from:r=1000
    water_sparkles_fade_to:r=24000

    water3d_min_fresnel:r=0.08  
    water3d_max_fresnel:r=0.98
    water3d_fresnel_power:r=7

    water_reflection_color:c=255,248,229, 0  //255,248,229  184,224,245 в далеке  78,100,98   //green 227,255,255  //yellow sunny 255,248,229
    water_surface_refraction_color:c=8,10,0,0 // 25,40,28,0 зелёный  35,50,38  1,30,8
    water_color_tex_scale_x:r=16000
    water_color_tex_scale_y:r=8000


    
    water_shore_blending_min_height:r=2
    water_depth_to_opacity_exp_base:r=0.982
    water_color:p4=0.18, 0.20, 0.21, 1
                      
  }
}

waterStub
{
  enable:b = true//default false
  //minZ:r = -32768//default -infinit
}

water_3d
{
  magnitude1:r = 4
  heightmapStep1:r = 2
  speed1:p2 = -20, 0
  magnitude2:r = 2
  heightmapStep2:r = 1
  speed2:p2 = -5, 5
  LODCoefficient:r = 17
  LODAddedTerm:r = 0
  morphStart:r = 0.7
  heightmap:t = "water_hm_a"
  colorTex:t = "underocean_britain"
  scaleTex:t = "underocean_scale"
//  scaleTex:t = "wake_underocean_scale"
  scaleTexCoord0:p2 = -32768, -32768 // m
  scaleTexCoord1:p2 = 32768, 32768   // m

  color:p3 = 0.5, 0.5, 0.5
}

 

And other sorcerer thing I've seen in the asset viewer, here : \War Thunder\WarThunderCDK\develop\assets\landclasses that we have the option "Copy asset content blk to clipboard" with usefull infos about the landclass like :

 

Quote

obj_plant_generate{
  place_on_collision:b=yes
  density:r=0.15
  intersection:r=2
  rseed:i=17043
  colorFrom:c=146, 116, 106, 90
  colorTo:c=136, 116, 106, 120
  placeAboveHt:r=1000

 

and

 

Quote

  object{
    orientation:t="world"
    name:t="tree_palm_large_a"
    weight:r=2
    rot_x:p2=0, 3
    rot_y:p2=0, 90
    rot_z:p2=0, 3
    scale:p2=0.9, 0.15
    yScale:p2=1.2, 0.35
  }

 

So my question is, could we change the ammount/density of threes or even adding new threes (to make a nice jungle for exemple, since the caribean one is oversized and in 2D)

medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Petranera said:

I tried the grass code you gave me oXoP4NDEMiCZoXo but that give an error when I launch the game, something like "grass_color.blk can't be find". I think I miss something. Do we have to make a mask for the grass in the LocationED ?

 

Other stuff, I've seen that there are info about water in the "level.blk" file with probably possible modification to have a more customized water, I have to make some sorcerer trails with that :

 

  Reveal hidden contents

shader_vars{
  water{

    water_sparkles_mul:r=0.006    
    water_sparkles_fade_from:r=1000
    water_sparkles_fade_to:r=24000

    water3d_min_fresnel:r=0.08  
    water3d_max_fresnel:r=0.98
    water3d_fresnel_power:r=7

    water_reflection_color:c=255,248,229, 0  //255,248,229  184,224,245 в далеке  78,100,98   //green 227,255,255  //yellow sunny 255,248,229
    water_surface_refraction_color:c=8,10,0,0 // 25,40,28,0 зелёный  35,50,38  1,30,8
    water_color_tex_scale_x:r=16000
    water_color_tex_scale_y:r=8000


    
    water_shore_blending_min_height:r=2
    water_depth_to_opacity_exp_base:r=0.982
    water_color:p4=0.18, 0.20, 0.21, 1
                      
  }
}

waterStub
{
  enable:b = true//default false
  //minZ:r = -32768//default -infinit
}

water_3d
{
  magnitude1:r = 4
  heightmapStep1:r = 2
  speed1:p2 = -20, 0
  magnitude2:r = 2
  heightmapStep2:r = 1
  speed2:p2 = -5, 5
  LODCoefficient:r = 17
  LODAddedTerm:r = 0
  morphStart:r = 0.7
  heightmap:t = "water_hm_a"
  colorTex:t = "underocean_britain"
  scaleTex:t = "underocean_scale"
//  scaleTex:t = "wake_underocean_scale"
  scaleTexCoord0:p2 = -32768, -32768 // m
  scaleTexCoord1:p2 = 32768, 32768   // m

  color:p3 = 0.5, 0.5, 0.5
}

 

And other sorcerer thing I've seen in the asset viewer, here : \War Thunder\WarThunderCDK\develop\assets\landclasses that we have the option "Copy asset content blk to clipboard" with usefull infos about the landclass like :

 

 

and

 

 

So my question is, could we change the ammount/density of threes or even adding new threes (to make a nice jungle for exemple, since the caribean one is oversized and in 2D)

 
 

 

Yes I think when I used the grass I had the Normandy preset & because your land is custom I think you will have to create a mask for your grass so it knows what's what also I'll try simplify the

 

code for you, so it's only one type of detailed grass from ground forces rather than multiple types of grass as far as water goes that could be the water color light contrast also make your

 

your grass goes in the one under War Thunder>content>pkg_local>levels>your_mission.blk edit that for grass I'm pretty sure that's the one you did tho just the grass needs a mask.

 

But yeah on to water again that I believe because water is just like grass that is all the stuff you can play around with to make the water brighter darker more sparkly ext, so if you want to

 

make it more tropical water I believe that's the place. I think these are the lines you should mess with you might want to leave the rest due to might cores texture bugs in the water but 

 

edit these I believe for color that you want to do.

 

water_reflection_color:c=255,248,229, 0  //255,248,229  184,224,245 в далеке  78,100,98   //green 227,255,255  //yellow sunny 255,248,229
    water_surface_refraction_color:c=8,10,0,0 // 25,40,28,0 зелёный  35,50,38  1,30,8
    water_color_tex_scale_x:r=16000
    water_color_tex_scale_y:r=8000

 

water_color:p4=0.18, 0.20, 0.21, 1

 

Try edit these see if these make a difference.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

randomGrass
{
  /*  density:r = 100
  maxRadius:r = 800
  sowPerlinFreq:r = 0.1   // cant see difference  from 10000 to 0.1
  fadeDelta:r = 100      // cant see difference  from 100 to 0.1
  lodFadeDelta:r = 300
  minLodDensity:r = 200
  blendToLandDelta:r = 100
  texSize:i = 256
  noise_first_rnd:r = 23.1406926327792690 // shadervar: grass_noise_rnd (x)
  noise_first_val_mul:r = 1 // shadervar: grass_noise_val (x)
  noise_first_val_add:r = 0 // shadervar: grass_noise_val (y)
  noise_second_rnd:r = 0.05 // shadervar: grass_noise_rnd (y)
  noise_second_val_mul:r = 1 // shadervar: grass_noise_val (z)
  noise_second_val_add:r = 0 // shadervar: grass_noise_val (w)
  directWindMul:r = 1
  noiseWindMul:r = 1
  windPerlinFreq:r = 50000
  directWindFreq:r = 1
  directWindModulationFreq:r = 1
  windWaveLength:r = 100
  windToColor:r = 0.2
  helicopterHorMul:r = 2
  helicopterVerMul:r = 1
  helicopterToDirectWindMul:r = 2
  helicopterFalloff:r = 0.001*/
  poland_detailed_fields:t = "poland_detailed_fields_scatter_mask"
  poland_fields_b:t = "poland_detailed_fields_scatter_mask"
  poland_forest_b:t = "poland_detailed_fields_scatter_mask"
  normandy_fields_a:t = "normandy_fields_a_mask"
  normandy_fields_b:t = "normandy_fields_b_mask"
  layer{
    maskChannel:p4 = 1, 1, 1, 0
    res:t ="grass_simple_a"
    density:r = 400
    horScale:r = 1.2                     
    horMinScale:r = 0.5
    verScale:r = 1.2
    verMinScale:r = 0.8
    windMul:r = 1
    include "grass_colors/_grass_color_simple_a.blk"
    include "grass_colors/_grass_color_lightness_cold.blk"
  }
  layer{
    maskChannel:p4 = 1, 0, 0, 0
    res:t ="grass_wheat_a"
    density:r = 5
    horScale:r = 1.2                     
    horMinScale:r = 0.9
    verScale:r = 1.2
    verMinScale:r = 0.9
    windMul:r = 0.05
    radiusMul:r = 0.6
  include "grass_colors/_grass_color_simple_a.blk"
  include "grass_colors/_grass_color_lightness_cold.blk"
  }
  layer{
    maskChannel:p4 = 0, 1, 1, 0
    res:t ="grass_simple_a"
    density:r = 5
    horScale:r = 1.2                     
    horMinScale:r = 0.9
    verScale:r = 1.2
    verMinScale:r = 0.9
    windMul:r = 0.05
    radiusMul:r = 0.7
    include "grass_colors/_grass_color_simple_a.blk"
    include "grass_colors/_grass_color_lightness_cold.blk"
  }
  layer{
    maskChannel:p4 = 1, 0, 0, 0
    res:t ="grass_daisies_a"
    density:r = 10
    horScale:r = 1.2                     
    horMinScale:r = 0.9
    verScale:r = 1.2
    verMinScale:r = 0.9
    windMul:r = 0.05
    radiusMul:r = 0.4
    include "grass_colors/_grass_color_simple_a.blk"
    include "grass_colors/_grass_color_lightness_cold.blk"
  }
/*  layer{
    maskChannel:p4 = 0, 0, 1, 0
    res:t ="grass_platanthera_a"
    density:r = 20
    horScale:r = 1.2                     
    horMinScale:r = 0.5
    verScale:r = 1.2
    verMinScale:r = 0.5
    windMul:r = 0.05
    radiusMul:r = 0.4
    include "grass_colors/_grass_color_simple_a.blk"
    include "grass_colors/_grass_color_lightness_cold.blk"
  } */
  layer{
    maskChannel:p4 = 1, 1, 0, 0
    res:t ="grass_sword_a"
    density:r = 0.5
    horScale:r = 1.2                     
    horMinScale:r = 0.5
    verScale:r = 1.2
    verMinScale:r = 0.5
    windMul:r = 0.05
    radiusMul:r = 0.4
    include "grass_colors/_grass_color_simple_a.blk"
    include "grass_colors/_grass_color_lightness_cold.blk"
  }
}

 

Here we go I edited the code for you this should go in this top line that says randomGrass highlight it all the way down & copy it all the way down to the } I also tested it for you & it works for me! 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             }

13 hours ago, Pacifica said:

pinned on request, and Thanks Petranera for the heads up o7

 

And Good luck OP becoming a Tech Mod o7

 

 

Thank your sire glad to help others with stuff tech & forum ext! :) o7                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Petranera said:

So my question is, could we change the ammount/density of threes or even adding new threes (to make a nice jungle for exemple, since the caribean one is oversized and in 2D)

 
 

 

To your question that you put about palm trees you could make a nice rain forest by putting trees down in land class or you could manually place them & maybe put a spline in the middle for like

 

a road or make a polygon set to make a jungle camp ext, as for the palm trees are you using the airforce trees that follow you where you move or the ground force palm trees from the ground

 

forces map Jungle they should be 3D also you can import trees as a model & could probably apply it to a custom land class :)


Edit: next post will be an edit due to 3rd post, also found out post don't merge automatic anymore so we just need to edit them just thought Id say as you can tell

this post didn't merge with the previous one unless the option has been disabled for the time being.

Edited by oXoP4NDEMiCZoXo
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok thanks for the answer man, I remember something about custom landclasses in the second Kyril video tutorial, I'll take a look.

 

Concerning the aspect of this thread the solution is to edit your first post everytime we have clear explanation for something. Or I can do it myself on my first post if you want. I'll clearly explain water, grass and custom landclass when I'll find how it work. That could be good to do something like this :

 

1 - Building Heightmap

 

blabla

 

2 - Adding Landclass

 

blabla

 

3 - Adding objects

 

Etc....

 

medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2016 at 2:27 AM, Petranera said:

Ok thanks for the answer man, I remember something about custom landclasses in the second Kyril video tutorial, I'll take a look.

 

Concerning the aspect of this thread the solution is to edit your first post everytime we have clear explanation for something. Or I can do it myself on my first post if you want. I'll clearly explain water, grass and custom landclass when I'll find how it work. That could be good to do something like this :

 

1 - Building Heightmap

 

blabla

 

2 - Adding Landclass

 

blabla

 

3 - Adding objects

 

Etc....

 

 
 
 

 

Good idea could both add bits if you want don't really mind, just add it to both of our top posts but yes sounds good to me! :good:

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update:

 

Hello all & Petranera just saw your snowy map looks impressive may take a few screens later of my Hanger one of the forward camps, also are you making all of your hangers in one map or

 

separate maps they look really nice also where is the snowy road you used in that map located  because I might need some GF roads but not sure where there located anyways thanks all.

 

also if anybody has any questions be sure to post we may have the answer who knows but everybody is welcome to the thread! :)

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, LordMustang said:

Why don't my trees fall down on my custom landclass when I hit them?

 

 

 

 

 

Strange because the trees should be a model of them selfs, with an already made hit box have you tried using an already made land class & that works? also does all your map files have the

same name because when mine wasn't the same I had problems too.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, oXoP4NDEMiCZoXo said:

 

 

Strange because the trees should be a model of them selfs, with an already made hit box have you tried using an already made land class & that works? also does all your map files have the

same name because when mine wasn't the same I had problems too.

Yes I'm already far over that naming issue. This is something completely different. And yes, Gaijin's landclasses do work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of their landclasses, or specifically the Caribbean one has trees that don't collide with tanks but you can shoot the tree and it falls over. Yes I know it's a plane/ship map. But maybe find the differences between this landclass and the others could solve the tree collision problem you're having. Like something in the blk or whatever.

medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Gallonmate said:

Some of their landclasses, or specifically the Caribbean one has trees that don't collide with tanks but you can shoot the tree and it falls over. Yes I know it's a plane/ship map. But maybe find the differences between this landclass and the others could solve the tree collision problem you're having. Like something in the blk or whatever.

 

 

Yes this sounds about right because when you made your landclass Mustang did you take an already made landclass then start editing the trees grass ext.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, oXoP4NDEMiCZoXo said:

 

Yes this sounds about right because when you made your landclass Mustang did you take an already made landclass then start editing the trees grass ext.

 

20 hours ago, Gallonmate said:

Some of their landclasses, or specifically the Caribbean one has trees that don't collide with tanks but you can shoot the tree and it falls over. Yes I know it's a plane/ship map. But maybe find the differences between this landclass and the others could solve the tree collision problem you're having. Like something in the blk or whatever.

 

Yes, I applied the same settings as other landclasses that do work correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone!

I'm not sure that I am on the right place... but I have a question about WT CDK:

 

when you finish to create an user mission, and when you test it, how can I disable the message "return to battle"?

 

For example, I tried to recreate the battle between Britain and France, and I wanted to land on the enemy's base (as if it was on "Boulogne sur mer''). But I couldn't because not far from France, it appears that message.

 

 

Or, is it a different map (not sure, but I don't really think this is the case) ?

medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/10/2016 at 3:15 AM, oXoP4NDEMiCZoXo said:

Update:

 

Hello all & Petranera just saw your snowy map looks impressive may take a few screens later of my Hanger one of the forward camps, also are you making all of your hangers in one map or

 

separate maps they look really nice also where is the snowy road you used in that map located  because I might need some GF roads but not sure where there located anyways thanks all.

 

also if anybody has any questions be sure to post we may have the answer who knows but everybody is welcome to the thread! :)

 

Hello man, my hangars are in different maps because I didn't succeed to have diferent tile texture for different landclasses. The artic one is done, jungle just need grass, and I'll start the Sahara one next week.

 

The snowy road is in splines/roads/ and the name is something like "decal_snow_road_a"

 

Spoiler

PDtntTE.jpg

tnzuVVC.jpg

 

If somebody can tell me how to add grass, I'll be very happy.

medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dariussiriuse said:

Hello everyone!

I'm not sure that I am on the right place... but I have a question about WT CDK:

 

when you finish to create an user mission, and when you test it, how can I disable the message "return to battle"?

 

For example, I tried to recreate the battle between Britain and France, and I wanted to land on the enemy's base (as if it was on "Boulogne sur mer''). But I couldn't because not far from France, it appears that message.

 

 

Or, is it a different map (not sure, but I don't really think this is the case) ?

 

I think there are two different Channel Sea maps :

- the one used for the British Test Flight, the old one with no access to France,

- and the new one for events and battles with the Nord-Pas-De-Calais region

 

By the way, anybody find the way to open and edit Gaijin Maps in the LocationEditor ?

  • Upvote 1
medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Petranera said:

 

I think there are two different Channel Sea maps :

- the one used for the British Test Flight, the old one with no access to France,

- and the new one for events and battles with the Nord-Pas-De-Calais region

 

By the way, anybody find the way to open and edit Gaijin Maps in the LocationEditor ?

 

 

Nope don't think you can edit Gaijins maps I tried editing one before couldn't do it in anyway & then B0ris said you couldn't & then I just started to make my own the only one you can edit

 

is Iwo Jima I believe.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, oXoP4NDEMiCZoXo said:

 

Nope don't think you can edit Gaijins maps I tried editing one before couldn't do it in anyway & then B0ris said you couldn't & then I just started to make my own the only one you can edit

 

is Iwo Jima I believe.

You indeed can't edit official Gaijin maps, unless the unexported files are given to you. There's no way of reverse engineering a dagor dump.

 

 

16 hours ago, Petranera said:

If somebody can tell me how to add grass, I'll be very happy.

Open my tutorial and scroll down to the section Scatter Mask. The block of code there contains a grass layer and explanation of the different syntaxes. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Petranera said:

 

I think there are two different Channel Sea maps :

- the one used for the British Test Flight, the old one with no access to France,

- and the new one for events and battles with the Nord-Pas-De-Calais region

 

By the way, anybody find the way to open and edit Gaijin Maps in the LocationEditor ?

Hi!  Well there is not nord pas de calais map... you was talking about regions... maybe I can set the region, but if that's the case how ?

And if it isn't the case, I don't have that map... what can I do ?

medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LordMustang said:

You indeed can't edit official Gaijin maps, unless the unexported files are given to you. There's no way of reverse engineering a dagor dump.

 

 

Open my tutorial and scroll down to the section Scatter Mask. The block of code there contains a grass layer and explanation of the different syntaxes. 

 

 

 

Hi Mustang, do you mind if I add your tutorial to the top OP so more people can see it? thanks.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, oXoP4NDEMiCZoXo said:

Hi Mustang did you manage to fix the tree bug.

 

Also Petranera did you manage to fix that grass bug you were having.

 

Anyways happing Mapping/Halloween! :crab:

 

No, I've filed a bug report, now it's up to the devs to fix it.

On 29-10-2016 at 5:19 PM, oXoP4NDEMiCZoXo said:

 

Hi Mustang, do you mind if I add your tutorial to the top OP so more people can see it? thanks.

Sure, go ahead.

 

And thanks, you too happy halloween!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.