OreoBird_147

Adding the Vought F4U-4 Corsair

Adding the F4U-4 to War Thunder - great idea or nah?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Should the 4-Hog be added to WT ?

• Yes
    • No (please tell me why)

8 minutes ago, OreoBird_147 said:

*cough* Ki-94 Ki-87 *cough* - so true. 

Yes they are prototypes but Japan needs them as they don't have a whole lot of other vehicles.

Posted (edited)
On 8/21/2017 at 4:50 AM, Traingle_ said:

Yes they are prototypes but Japan needs them as they don't have a whole lot of other vehicles.

Not sure what the point of this is, if the developers really needed to fill a gap then they would not have made both the Ki-87 and Ki-94 premium (or exclusive)...Japan's Tier-IV is pretty fleshed out with aircraft that were mass-produced. Meanwhile US players who play in the BR 6.0 have no choice but to use F8F, which is good but not to everyone's playstyle. I think adding the F4U-4 and 5 would make US vs. Japan matches much more immersive while also plugging the gap between 5.0 and 6.0.

Edited by cdahdude5
  • Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal

5 hours ago, cdahdude5 said:

Not sure what the point of this is, if the developers really needed to fill a gap then they would not have made both the Ki-87 and Ki-94 premium...Japan's Tier-IV is pretty fleshed out with aircraft that were mass-produced. Meanwhile US players who play in the BR 6.0 have no choice but to use F8F, which is good but not to everyone's playstyle. I think adding the F4U-4 and 5 would make US vs. Japan matches much more immersive while also plugging the gap between 5.0 and 6.0.

That's basically where this whole suggestion is about (balance-wise)!  To sum it up, all F4U-4's and -5's saw significant action in Korea and the -4 still in WW2 and they make great 5.3 or 5.7 BR aircraft.

Posted (edited)
On 25-8-2017 at 2:14 AM, cdahdude5 said:

Looks like the US is getting another prototype next patch (grizzly). I really hope that they'll throw in a P-51H or Corsair too...

Me too bro. This Grizzly was a prototype and I'm not particularly in for prototypes in the main TT and neither as a premium. 

Edited by OreoBird_147

Guys I have great news! According to this reddit post (https://www.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/6xgfyh/chieftain_mk10_p51h_f4u4_and_more_for_171/) F4U-4 and F4U-4B are on the devserver for the coming update 1.71! P-51H too!

Well guys, this is probably the ending part of this forum discussion lol :) Thanks so much for all the support and enjoy flying the 4-Hog, later on in 1.71!

23 minutes ago, Jan_Gustl_WT said:

great sucess of your suggestion!

Thanks but it's not even passed to the devs yet! Not that it's necessary now lol

Edited by OreoBird_147

You think it's already over?

It has just begun :secret:

All of your records of the 4-Hogs will be required at later time for upcoming routine bug reporting.

A bit of issue with the F4U-4 based from 1.71 dev server I found were the usage of early .50 cal munitions & some problematic flaps. Maybe lack of payload option too (like rocket + bomb combination), but I didn't focus on that at the time I tested it.

• Upvote 1
medal

Just now, Sirchby said:

You think it's already over?

It has just begun :secret:

All of your records of the 4-Hogs will be required at later time for upcoming routine bug reporting.

A bit of issue with the F4U-4 based from 1.71 dev server I found were the usage of early .50 cal munitions & some problematic flaps. Maybe lack of payload option too (like rocket + bomb combination), but I didn't focus on that at the time I tested it.

If the flap and tailhook bugs still exist once the devserver goes live again I'll make a bug report on it. Honestly, I do think the payload options are to keep the aircraft balanced for its BR.Keep in mind it's still the devserver though! It's normal for some bugs to be in there. o7 

3 minutes ago, OreoBird_147 said:

If the flap and tailhook bugs still exist once the devserver goes live again I'll make a bug report on it. Honestly, I do think the payload options are to keep the aircraft balanced for its BR.Keep in mind it's still the devserver though! It's normal for some bugs to be in there. o7 

That's why it's just getting started.

Payload is off limit now, after rocket damage to tank has been significantly nerfed. 4000 lb of bombs will be needed for actual ground attack to take effect.

medal

48 minutes ago, blakeob said:

This topic like all other suggestions added in 1.71 will be moved to implemented suggestions. Congrats on your suggestion mate! 

Thanks! I'll really enjoy flying the F4U-4. I already had a sneak peak using the dev server though!  :salute:

• Like 1