Anonimo_LLopi

ID:0049936 23/Oct/2016 Unique HE shell penetration behavior (M103 HE-M356)

The M103 is the only tank with a HE that varies penetration on slopes/range:

Spoiler

The penetration varies between 45mm and 39mm, all the other HE shells always have the same penetration no matter the angle or distance, this shell should have 45mm under all circumstances

RAcR68Y.jpg

Here is how the HE penetration is calculated on WT (At least AFAIK)

Spoiler

I noticed the HE penetration values are directly gotten by 100g of TNT or equivalent = 1mm of pen so 4650g of tnt = 46.5mm of penetration minus 1mm used on all he shells the penetration would be 45.5mm

To demonstrate this actually applies to the game and the angle of attack and slope actually matters to this very special HE shell here are some screenshots and a replay of a arcade match, I specifically played with HE for this bug report:

Here is a shot to the roof of the turret a Tiger II H (40mm 77ºv):

Spoiler

I played arcade because the penetration marker, as you can see the marker is red, it doesn't even have a hitcam because I didn't damaged anything

ftvHqBK.jpg

c3w9S3s.jpg

Penetration test on 40mm plate on a usermade mission:

Spoiler

The test was made on the jagdtiger, first pic shows the plate itself, the second shows the minimum angle to NOT penetrate that plate with this HE and the third and fourth shows minimun angle to penetrate this plate:

6ZCRgK0.jpgHrEq7fL.jpg

a5tCzeK.jpg

iXfvDU5.jpg

Penetration test on 45mm plate on a usermade mission:

Spoiler

First and Second pics shows the non-penetration of the frontal 45mm 49ºv slope of the SU-85 and the third and fourth show the penetration of the 45mm 19ºv side plate

Lqa4pBC.jpg

SBxQqxt.jpg

XkFBZtk.jpg

0qtj5PU.jpg

I hope that all this was not in vain, it took me more than 1 hour :p

2016_10_12_20_07_35__3304.txt

M103 He test.wrpl

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

Hi,

We cannot accept compressed files for security reasons.  Please uncompress the file and attach to the Forum.

Thanks

The file is too big, I literary erased every old attachment with only the .wrpl and the .txt of this post left but the limit is still 44.88mb and the .clog file uncompressed is 46.5mb

Do you want me to upload the uncompressed .clog on a external service like mega?

medal medal medal

You should be able to replicate the issue and generate a smaller clog file.

Thanks

That is enough thanks.

We need to test this now.  We will get back to you shortly.

Cheers

Hello!
         Thank you for your help improving the game.  

Your information has been forwarded to the developers and the tracking number is: ID:0049936     

This thread will remain unlocked for one week (7 days) so that anyone with additional information\evidence\examples will have a place to post.  

After this time the report will remain active but will be archived. 

It will also serve as a place where the developers will post questions for you to answer so please keep up to date here.

• Upvote 1

Archived