Cyril_BartonVC

ID:0049724 17/10/2016 Hudson: Ammunition for mid-upper turret

Hello, I noticed the following on the stat card of the Hudson and I looked into it further. I look forward to your reply and I will be more than happy to edit the post if anything is missing.

A detailed description of the issue you have encountered. It is also important that you describe how we can reproduce the issue, if you are able to reproduce it.

On the stat card of the Hudson MkV it states that the mid-upper turret (Browning machine gun x2) has 1000 rounds of ammunition (total). The Hudson has a Boulton Paul Type C MkII Mid-Upper turret (Page 71 of British Aircraft Armament Volume 1 RAF Gun Turrets From 1914 to the Present Day, by R Wallace Clarke) and sources that I have read state that the Type C turret is supplied with 2000 rounds of ammunition (total).

shot 2016.10.11 14.43.44.jpg

In game stat card showing 1000 rounds of ammunition

If applicable, the full name(s) of the vehicle(s) affected.

Hudson Mk.V

A detailed description of the fix you suggest.

The fix I suggest is to correct the amount of ammunition supplied to the mid-upper turret to 2000 rounds of ammunition (1000 rounds per Browning MkII).

BP Type C turret.JPG

Specifications of the turret stating that the turret had a total of 2000 rounds of ammunition (Source: http://www.air-gunners.co.uk/page14.html)

Type C turret.JPG

Underlined area shows "1,000 rounds per gun" (Source: Page 72 of British Aircraft Armament Volume 1 RAF Gun Turrets From 1914 to the Present Day, by R Wallace Clarke)

Hudson Mid-Upper Turret Ammunition.JPG

"10. Sergeant is attaching rearming strap to 0.303-in ammunition belt for the dorsal turret. Bulge to right of n.c.o is dinghy stowage on door." (Source: Page 167 of Aircraft Profile 253, Lockheed Hudson Mks I to VI by Christopher F. Shores)

The image above shows two 1000 round ammunition boxes, the boxes are too large for just 500 rounds of ammunition each.

If applicable, the difficulty setting (e.g. Arcade) in which the issue occurs.

The issue occurs in Arcade, Realistic and Simulator difficulties. I have checked stat cards for all difficulties and tested total firing time before reloading, it is the same for all modes. For Simulator difficulty this means you can only fire 1000 rounds in total. However for Arcade and Realistic difficulties it means you only fire 1000 rounds before reloading, this should be 2000 rounds.. I compared the total firing time (around 30 seconds) to that of the Blenheim MkIV upper turret. They both have a similar total firing time (around 30 seconds) and the Blenheim MkIV turret has 1000 rounds of ammunition. Therefore it is clear to me that, in game, the Hudson turret has 1000 rounds of ammunition.  

2016_10_11_13_20_48__4320.clog

DxDiag.txt

medal

Hi
   Thanks for your report.

Can I draw your attention to the guidelines for making a Historical Issues Report HERE  -  Please ensure your reports comply with these guidelines.

Can I draw your particular attention to point 3 of the above link please;
3. A detailed description of the fix you suggest. Provide sources including references that underline your position.
    *Please be reminded that Wikipedia or other private Websites are generally not considered as reliable sources.
   The required number of sources requires depends on the type of source presented:
    User Manual / Repair Manual / Factory Manual etc (Flight/Pilot/Maintenance Manuals Engineering Drawings etc) - Historically acknowledged reference sources - single source is required.
    Reference works (collections of vehicles) Biographies, Books, "expert" opinion publications, websites etc - at least two unrelated sources required.*
Please ensure the references have:  Report/Document Type, Report/Document Name, Author, Date, ISBN/ISSN, relevant Pg No's etc - so our Historical consultant can review and check the accuracy of those documents against the substantial Gaijin Historical Database and Reference Sources.  Please provide scans of all pages referenced and a scan of the front cover of publication/book.  For Web sources. please provide the link to the actual relevant section or document.  If this is not possible and only higher links can be referenced then please provide page or title information to locate the relevant reference.

Currently you only have one web source.  Two confirming references are required.

Please also note that War Thunder is a game.  Therefore, at times decisions are made that improve game-play at the expense of historical accuracy or some other factor.

If no further information is received within 48 hours, we will close this task and you will need to submit a new report.

Kind Regards,

KotA

I do not own any other sources and can not find anymore at the minute. Yet all sources I have found and the sources I gave you state 2000 rounds. There is nothing else I can do apart from those three sources. Is there a possibility I can see the reason why it is 1000 rounds in game? Also does the book not count? You say I only have one source.

Regards,

Tiger_74Sqn

medal

Thanks

Hello!
         Thank you for your help improving the game.  

Your information has been forwarded to the developers and the tracking number is: ID:0049724     

This thread will remain unlocked for one week (7 days) so that anyone with additional information\evidence\examples will have a place to post.  

After this time the report will remain active but will be archived. 

It will also serve as a place where the developers will post questions for you to answer so please keep up to date here.

• Upvote 1

No worries.

Cheers

• Upvote 1

Archived