Hello everybody! Since mid-summer, developing a model of the Leopard tank. Perhaps you have already seen my posts on live, I decided to make a separate topic in .com forum.

рендер.pngрендер1.pngрендер2.pngрендер3.pngрендер4.pngрендер5.png

Wrote "passport" for my tank.
Based on information from the drawing FKo 252 Gefechtsaufklaerer «Leopard», Journal Panzer Tracts №20-2 and other information.
Do not take into account the change of plans / priorities for this project. It is this heavy version was approved by Hitler in September 1942 and that is what I am realized.

An early heavy prototype 1942 by MIAG
80 mm upper front at an angle of 55 degrees.
80 mm lower front sheet at an angle of 55 degrees.
60 mm in the upper sheet side at an angle of 40 degrees.
60 mm lower side sheet at an angle of 0 degrees.
50 mm back sheet at an angle of 30 degrees.
80 mm forehead tower at an angle of 20 degrees.
60 mm side of the tower at an angle of 30 degrees.
50 mm feed of the tower at an angle of 30 degrees.
20 mm top and bottom plate.

Cannon: 5 cm Kw.K.39 / 1 L / 60
Ammunition: 78 rounds
Coupled machine gun: 7.92 mm MG.42

The combat weight of 26 tons.
Length: 5.20 m.
Width: 3.10 m.
Height: 2.30 m.
Clearance: 0.5 m.

12-cylinder gasoline engine water cooling Maybach HL 157
Power: 550 hp at 3600 rpm
Working volume: 15,580 cm³

Transmission Maybach OG 55 11 77, semi-automatic
Transmission: 8 forward 1 back
Clutch: hydraulic
The diameter of the rollers: 960 mm, the rollers 5 are spaced 600 mm apart.
Diameter sloth: 680 mm, 702 mm located in the fifth track roller and at a height of 630 mm above the ground.
The bottom diameter of the driving wheels: 812 mm, 17 teeth at a distance of 150 mm from each other.
Sprocket 817 is situated in the first roller mm and a height of 795 mm above the ground.
Suspension: torsion bar
Shoe width 660 mm (trucks from Panther)
Specific load on the ground about 0.82 kg / cm²
The width of the body on the bottom: 1650 mm
Length 2.4m support surface.
The distance between the centers of caterpillar tracks 2.4 m.

The crew of 4 people: commander, driver, loader / radio operator, gunner.

Edited by RUS_Rainbow_Dash
  • Upvote 20
medal medal

10 minutes ago, Hardmoor said:

Can you provide Blueprints or pictures of the original Prototype? I cannot find anything except WoT.

There are a few drawings that I have used. But the more confidence is the text information to the specific values. Because the blueprints widespread on the Internet rather drawings, and in fact only convey the general shape of the tank.

vk1602M_zps717b866e.JPGvk-1602-leopard.png

medal medal

• 1 month later...

Test drive my tank. Tired of looking only at the model decided to take a ride on it. Mobility is not a passport, and a whole bunch of settings, not as necessary, but will deal with it later, the main thing that is discharged without problems.

• Upvote 8
medal medal

I wonder if there is any possibility of Gaijin adding it to the game. Seems like a German Hellcat. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

10 minutes ago, AdmiralDonutz said:

I wonder if there is any possibility of Gaijin adding it to the game. Seems like a German Hellcat. 

More like a german M24.

It is basically a baby Panther.

As far as I know a prototype without armament was build. The gun was commonly used in other tanks and vehicles. The only problem I see is that there is no light tank tree for it to fit in.

Edited by Lord_of_Sofa
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

What br would it be? I mean it has a the same armour in the hull as a normal panther but with 80mm frontal lower plate and 60mm sides which is better and a panther II like turret with only 80mm.

The problem is that the gun its just a 50mm and it has better armour than a kv-1 so it will probably have a br were the gun have problems penetrating stuff frontally (4.0-4.7?)

Anyway I support this project because I like the idea of a tank with a hull better than the panther one but with 2.0+- less br because gun and turret armour :good:

medal medal medal

11 hours ago, BlazeWingbreaker said:

5.0 BR maybe? Germans are lacking 5.0-5.3 tanks

The problem is the gun, afaik it's the same 50mm gun as the panzer III and the max pen is 97mm with the APC-HE shell

It also has 2 APCRs (And we all know how useless apcr is at dealing damage):

One that is more heavy (I don't really know if the weight affects the damage) and pens less with 128mm max pen

And the other more light but with 150mm max pen

At 5.0 you either flank (This tank would be used like a T-44 then) or you spam the last apcr (at least 5 shots per enemy)

If we considerate this is like kv-1 zis but with:

+Much better acceleration and speed

+Much more frontal hull armour

-Worse turret armour

-Worse gun

-Worse hull side armour

I think this tank should be 4.7 simply because the gun limits it a lot, and the turret can be penetrated by any 3.7 tank with AP-HE and be one-shotted because (I think) it has 3/4 crew in the turret

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

• 3 weeks later...

Amazing job, keep it up! :good:

Don't forget to test the turret ring armor. Would be bad if .50 could pen it because of how shells are modelled as pixels.

Edit: Maybe side-skirts my be setted as an "add-on armor" upgrade :)

Edited by Vitasalato
medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That looks fantastic, great job! Are there any resources you could direct people who want to make tanks like this to? Are there any guides/tutorials?

Thank you very much for everything you've done, and keep up the good work!

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

Yes he is trying for revenue share program but from last I heard, gaijin is not accepting the vehicle into the game because they don't have enough evidence it existed as working product.

So if you have good research skills or have friends that can do this, then you can help him with finding evidence.

• Upvote 2
medal

• 2 weeks later...
On 7.11.2016 at 9:01 PM, RUS_Rainbow_Dash said:

Test drive my tank. Tired of looking only at the model decided to take a ride on it. Mobility is not a passport, and a whole bunch of settings, not as necessary, but will deal with it later, the main thing that is discharged without problems.

:salute::salute::salute:
this song will express what  I think about this project :)

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Gallonmate said:

@ganJ this is his newer video

tumblr_liton15WW21qal7q4.gif

but I think this second antenna in the back is unnecessary, If this is not the final design I hope it will be removed, except this little detail it looks nice :)

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal