Update 05.10.2016 (1.63.2.54)

shot-2016_9.jpg

• Bf-109.K - excessive engine overheat has been fixed.
  • P-51D (all modifications) - engine overheat and cooling has been corrected.
  • Client stability improved.

Note: This update applies to PC/Linux/Mac users. If applicable, PS4 Users will receive the update as soon as possible.

The current provided patchnotes reflect the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates and fixes may be not listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving all the time and certain fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, DisconnecT83 said:

• Bf-109.K - excessive engine overheat has been fixed.
  • P-51D (all modifications) - engine overheat and cooling has been corrected.

That was fast o_o.

What happened to good practice of bug reports taking 2-3-6-12 months to get processed? If you will fix all reported issues in 1-2 weeks like those above, this game will run out of bugs very soon and we won't have things to complain about - get serious GJ :crying:

Jokes aside - GJ and I love the quick response time. Keep up the good work:):good:I'll later check P51D FM if it's just better or really fixed to historical figures - it should be able to fly at 100% almost indefinitely.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Good to see that they fixed the K4 however, I feel the K4 was not as badly hit with overheating as was with the early 109's F4 and g2 for example, I have them spaded and after a minute or two you simply cannot touch WEP. Lower throttle (to not kill the engine) and put the plane at 100% at its fine, initiate WEP and within 2 seconds it goes from white oil and engine to flashing bright red. I sincerely hope they also attend to this issue. This happens at both high and low altitude.

I have got video footage of this issue should it be needed.

Regards

Bliksem

Hi,

I am using mac client and it crushes all the time. I can run game only when I don't check full client option.

wotertool (Posted )

Please create a bug report about it. As soon as the Devs have the info they need, they can get going fixing it. And they are quite fast with that!

hi guys, has the ingame browser crashing been addressed yet?. still unable to add waiting facebook friends into ingame friends.

wotertool (Posted )

I do not know about that, I do not use it. However, you can check it out when you find some time. If it is still not working, please report it (again) and a Tech Mod will take care of it!
medal medal medal

Improved stability? Define improved. Yesterday, since the .63 upgrade, I was getting disconnected from every game server, it did not matter if it was the U.S, RU, or EU server, I would suddenly find myself no longer connected. Of course, because of this, I lost thousands and thousands of lions to repair planes I had no control over. So, I hope you mean you have fixed this issue and I and probably many others, will not suddenly find themselves disconnected from the server, and lose thousands of lions to repair aircraft.

MaybeMaybeNot (Posted )

If you have already reported or posted this in CTS (community technical support) area link me please
  • Upvote 1

good for me===)stalinium is dead===)time to kick some butts to celebrate that

Edited by Thomyandgun_Be
medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Sgt_Wrecker said:

Improved stability? Define improved. Yesterday, since the .63 upgrade, I was getting disconnected from every game server, it did not matter if it was the U.S, RU, or EU server, I would suddenly find myself no longer connected. Of course, because of this, I lost thousands and thousands of lions to repair planes I had no control over. So, I hope you mean you have fixed this issue and I and probably many others, will not suddenly find themselves disconnected from the server, and lose thousands of lions to repair aircraft.

I can confirm this, happened to me multiple times, not every match, but its too often for me to consider this playable.

Please fix your servers or whatever is connected with this problem.

Btw its not only bf 109 k4 that has overheating issues since this new patch, bf 109 F4 has that problem too.

Edited by Black_death91
typo
medal medal

3 hours ago, przybysz86 said:

P51D still kill engine after 15 mins at nominal temps. All that changed is radiator behaviour at WEP.

He's right.

problem hasn't been fixed.

medal medal medal medal

fps now drops back to 40 once again on most maps when i had constant 60fps, now when the game try to load the chat, a tank or plane in the hangar the game have to freeze 
and yes i do have the driver updated

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Guys these threads are here to talk about what's been updated (in patch notes above) 

We don't really use  them for  a Q&A on current reports or questions about bugs and crashes (see links below) 

Please don't be offended if your post is not approved here regarding other topics 

For Crashes & Update Download Issues & Connection issues  https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/forum/597-crashes-connection-update-problems-and-advice/

For FM/DM and Game Mechanics issues  https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/forum/655-moderated-bug-reports/

For reports already submitted please feel free to PM a Senior Technical moderator 

Bugs/Suggestions/Technical Problems
(Senior Technical Moderators):

medal medal

Not sure if client stability just means fewer CTD, or stable play.  My FPS is still all over the place.  It occurs on the same maps when destructible buildings came in (Rhine for the worst case, Berlin for milder).   But I can be running smoothly, but change my view, or zoom in and drops to 1 FPS (really a 1-2 second lockup which shows as 1FPS).  

And worse on replays (which is actually a good demonstration of the problem), there jumping units at different locations I can see the texture loading in en masse.  If this is the dynamic texture loading, I'd like the other old option of loading everything at once, even if I have to use lower quality textures.  At least the game is playable then.

On 5.10.2016 at 7:18 PM, przybysz86 said:

P51D still kill engine after 15 mins at nominal temps. All that changed is radiator behaviour at WEP.

22 hours ago, DevilzmyShadow said:

He's right.

problem hasn't been fixed.

Guys please test flight this plane (it takes 15 miin to overheat and 17-18 mins to total engine failure) and post your findings here:

I forgot to take screenshots and logs when I tested it after update release. I'd do it myself but I might not get access to my PC before mid next week and by then bug report might get closed as fixed - wrongly of course.