Pony51

project 186
Project 186 mini-Battleship boat principal thread

17 posts in this topic

Armored Gunboat Project 186 (announced 2ed October 2016), more armor and more bigger guns than its "Project 1124" cousin, it will be a powerful warship.
In gaining many big guns and heavy armor, it also became slow and unmaneuverable, but its offensive weapons, oh my!

As a first note, that "armor" prefix in the boat’s classification is fully justified. The armor on the bridge allows it to resist not only fire from machine guns of all calibers, but is still effective even against hits of shells up to 20 mm. For a boat, that’s pretty impressive!

Of course, it’s important not only to stay afloat after a hit, but also to deal some damage yourself. Everyone is familiar with the turret of the T-34-85, which looks great on any vehicle. Luckily, on the Project 186, we get two of them! And although they were mounted as a temporary solution on the Project 186, before more specialized tools were to be installed, they were still capable of coping perfectly with any possible tasks. It’s a legit tank turret, no special changes - true to form in everything, even it’s 85mm caliber. To protect the vessel against air strikes, it was equipped with another 37mm cannon and four heavy DShK machine guns on rotating mounts.

pr186_02_1920x1080_1b9fc3185147b8af7d7da

pr186_04_1920x1080_e6351ad240dcd61f96c80

The armor on the bridge allows it to resist not only fire from machine guns of all calibers, but is still effective even against hits of shells up to 20 mm. For a boat, that’s pretty impressive!

All I can find on it is that the belt armour is between 9 and 20mm

Doesn't seem all that impressive at all really. 

Just now, Eden_Earhart said:

Next to its counterparts its """""heavily armoured"""" I suppose 

3 hours ago, Eden_Earhart said:

Strong enough to be immune to everything under 13 mm and everything up to 20 mm at over 1000m. 

Not really impressive when compared to tanks, but in combination with the two heavy armoured turrets it will keep most of the crew alive.

5 hours ago, Lord_of_Sofa said:

Strong enough to be immune to everything under 13 mm and everything up to 20 mm at over 1000m. 

Not really impressive when compared to tanks, but in combination with the two heavy armoured turrets it will keep most of the crew alive.

These are supposed to eventually be in the same matches as tanks though. 

That was one of their reasons for going with small boats. 

Edit: It also has huge big 85mm guns. 

I can't imagine they would be matching it against anything with JUST machine guns. 

Edited by Eden_Earhart

10 hours ago, Eden_Earhart said:

These are supposed to eventually be in the same matches as tanks though. 

That was one of their reasons for going with small boats. 

I doubt they will be effective against tanks outside of arty support or suppressing fire. Unless the enemy is dumb enough to get to close to the shore due to the fact that the guns are not stabilized.

But they will be very effective against aircraft.

10 hours ago, Eden_Earhart said:

Edit: It also has huge big 85mm guns. 

I can't imagine they would be matching it against anything with JUST machine guns. 

Machine Guns and torpedoes?

It looks like a wonderful counter to MTBs

2 hours ago, Lord_of_Sofa said:

Machine Guns and torpedoes?

It looks like a wonderful counter to MTBs

I doubt it. 

It's got 2 85mm guns. 

I think it's safe to assume it's not going to be matched up against something with only .50 cals. 

It's gonna face other boats with similarly large weapons, and the armour is pointless. 

17 minutes ago, Eden_Earhart said:

I doubt it. 

It's got 2 85mm guns. 

I think it's safe to assume it's not going to be matched up against something with only .50 cals. 

It's gonna face other boats with similarly large weapons, and the armour is pointless. 

Of course its gonna meet other gun boats. We already know some. The Pt 810, the Dark Class, which are already confirmed as well as the Kusentei and the Artilleriefährprahm which were found in the files. While not as heavy armoured as the T34 turrets they seem to fulfill the same role although I guess only the Artilleriefährprahm has a chance to meet the 186 in combat.

The thing both, the AFP and 186, are slow, big, and armoured targets. In other words perfect for torpedoes, but at the same time resistant against the secondary armament of MTBs in the same BR bracket.

I want see this guy on this pre-CBT!! ... Maybe a Tier IV/V?

1 hour ago, Protoboy17 said:

I want see this guy on this pre-CBT!! ... Maybe a Tier IV/V?

Homestly it is not that much powerful in terms of numbers that what is in the beta, none of the current boats whould have trouble countering it..honestly the power difference looks like the difference between the Pz.4 F2 and the Pz.4 G 

14 hours ago, the_suztown said:

Homestly it is not that much powerful in terms of numbers that what is in the beta, none of the current boats whould have trouble countering it..honestly the power difference looks like the difference between the Pz.4 F2 and the Pz.4 G 

According to KOMMyHuCT_USSR, gaijin have said it's a tier 5 ship 

Well The MBK pr 186 at least it does have some good points But it is Far to SLOW 2 mins from 0 to 18mph?? and as far as the supposed fire power?? Try the German AFDI ?? well Bias comes to mine again the fire power should at leas be at about equal to this one? the us (ECo pt 314) has more hitting power and it only has ?light guns??so something wrong there it is also to low in the water? NO mines?? or depth charges? or couldn't find them if there was?  so 50 to 60 seconds to go across one square of the map?? yes it can take a beating but at point blank range with those guns it should blow anything out of the water?? so something wrong there as well all the ships have good dezines and look the part and it look like the water is about right now and maps this time were also not to bad so trying to give constructive criticism again keep going? 

1 hour ago, Yoshic48 said:

Well The MBK pr 186 at least it does have some good points But it is Far to SLOW 2 mins from 0 to 18mph?? and as far as the supposed fire power?? Try the German AFDI ?? well Bias comes to mine again the fire power should at leas be at about equal to this one? the us (ECo pt 314) has more hitting power and it only has ?light guns??so something wrong there it is also to low in the water? NO mines?? or depth charges? or couldn't find them if there was?  so 50 to 60 seconds to go across one square of the map?? yes it can take a beating but at point blank range with those guns it should blow anything out of the water?? so something wrong there as well all the ships have good dezines and look the part and it look like the water is about right now and maps this time were also not to bad so trying to give constructive criticism again keep going? 

The Pr 186 suffers with poor protection too (just 20mm of armor at specific points of the hull).

On ‎11‎.‎2‎.‎2017 at 11:41 PM, Protoboy17 said:

The Pr 186 suffers with poor protection too (just 20mm of armor at specific points of the hull).

Does anything other than the german barge have more protection though?

Edited by tizianenel

12 hours ago, tizianenel said:

Does anything other than the german barge have more protection though?

For now? Nope ... but hey! the AF D1 have 100mm of concrete armor soo :008: