Hoppy53

arcade
Kamikaze Pilots during Tank Battles. Fair??

61 posts in this topic

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 9:36 AM, Zulu_1 said:

Simple solution you die in the air (crash, whatever) you lose a life in the game.

Yes. The one controlling the plane dies, they should lose a life in the game.  Or at a bare minimum the equivalent crew in their vehicle.  And pay the repair cost of the plane. 

On 9/3/2016 at 9:59 PM, Sshadow2015 said:

If you Shoot them down they cant crash into you or bomb you!!

Simple but FACT!!

Yes they can - lots of times they get shot down in the terminal dive at 100 feet or less - you get the kill then they crash and kill you - and they get the "eye for an eye" award!

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 6:48 PM, Josephs_Piano said:

Yes they can - lots of times they get shot down in the terminal dive at 100 feet or less - you get the kill then they crash and kill you - and they get the "eye for an eye" award!

Yes, and if you're in an SPAA and open up on an air target, you're instantly targeted by the lawn darters.  Most SPAA will hull break easily, so they're the primary targets for the lawn darters.  Easy kills for them.  So myself, and many others I know that play, have simply stopped playing SPAA.  So now open top TD's are their next targets.  And with fewer SPAA, it's now a near death sentence to play one of those.

On 28.02.2016 at 6:56 PM, Hoppy53 said:

Hi,

One of the most frustrating things I have with WT is when aircraft deliberately crash into ground units to get a kill. It is not in the spirit of fair play, and would IRL lead to there being no pilots or aircraft left.

A possible solution would be to simply remove any damage effect accrued from impact with a ground target. A pilot could still ride their guns all the way into the target to get as many hits as possible, it would just be that the impact itself would count for nothing. This would remove any incentive to get a cheap kill, and help develop piloting skills.

Is there any sence to keep a plane if its playing time is some seconds?  For me it is obvious that 1 minute fligts are one-end. Crushing in to the ground units is coused by desire to make an accurate shot by waitig for the last second before the crush and shuting the rokets :)   There is no need to keep the plane - its time is exeeding every second, so a good shot before the crush is pragmatical and effective.  If shooting from a long distanse some one will miss more and more often, and there is no time for reload, and a second attack is under question.

14 hours ago, Ash_ru said:

Is there any sence to keep a plane if its playing time is some seconds?  For me it is obvious that 1 minute fligts are one-end. Crushing in to the ground units is coused by desire to make an accurate shot by waitig for the last second before the crush and shuting the rokets :)   There is no need to keep the plane - its time is exeeding every second, so a good shot before the crush is pragmatical and effective.  If shooting from a long distanse some one will miss more and more often, and there is no time for reload, and a second attack is under question.

Why would you fly around like a fool waiting for a timer to run out if you have no rockets or bombs left? Meanwhile your tank is vulnerable......Right??? I mean they give you like 300 lions for surviving... Its comical reward.

10 hours ago, RuthlessEvil said:

Why would you fly around like a fool waiting for a timer to run out if you have no rockets or bombs left? Meanwhile your tank is vulnerable......Right??? I mean they give you like 300 lions for surviving... Its comical reward.

Yes. The economy of planes in AB GF incentivizes lawn darting.  At a minimum it should cost a crew if you crash.  And when you get back in your tank you have to sit while the crew does the hokey pokey crew replacement dance.  Maybe being immobilized might be a good enough penalty to dissuade some from lawn darting.  Just sitting there doing nothing for about a minute and unable to do anything else. 

I just started playing WT a few weeks ago and have only been playing the armor battles in arcade mode. The more I play, the more I have been annoyed by the lawn darting/kamikazes.

I figured this must be a new issue as the result of a recent change and that Gaijin was working on a fix any day now.

Last night, I played against someone who did it about 3-4 times in a row in the same match. He was at the top of the scoreboard, so I realized that this must be what "good" players do.

Finally fed up, I decided to see what the forums had to say. Much to my dismay, there are threads about this going back to 2015.

So, apparently Gaijin is cool with this. To be honest, I think this might ultimately drive me away from this game. It was nice to finally have a nice tank battles game with realistic damage modeling. But, now that I know that the tank battles include cruise missiles that don't even cost the pilot a life, I am worried that this will quickly grow tiresome.

On 23/04/2016 at 3:12 PM, Lufthans said:

They should just apply the same model as in RB. That would be the easiest solution of all and everyone would be OK with it. Probably.

^This... and it will make this broken mode a lot fun...

Players who didn't even research the planes they are using in a system which actually forces them to dive and crash for a fast return to ground... Making people research planes and use spawn points to use them is the best solution for me.

On 20/5/2016 at 11:19 AM, Josephs_Piano said:

Do you mean in ground forces or air battles?

In ground forces, planes can't damage vehicles by crashing into them anymore.  At least they can only do this to br 1.0 vehicles at best.  Usually planes will wait until they are 1 metre away to launch rockets, and this can be confused for death by crashing into them.  I deliberately try to ram vehicles with my aircraft after dropping its payload, and have no destroyed a vehicle that way in a long long time.

This is not true - lightly or unarmoured vehicles are quite easy to kill regardless of BR - they are usually AA - eg Soviet trucks and German 1/2 tracks.

agree with you.

The problem that I have with lawn darts is that I've had to research a vehicle, buy it, pay for crew and upgrade them. Then someone jumps into a plane which he's paid nothing for, rams into my tank, I die, I pay to repair my tank and he gets credited with a tank kill. If I take out an anti air and shoot down a plane I get somewhere between 300-600 sl. Doesn't seem fare to me. I think that if a player takes out a aircraft and either gets shot down or crashed then that player should have to pay for repairs on the plane, just so they will think about throwing away that aircraft.

My personal two cents regarding the topic of lawn darts.  Before I will be flamed please mark my words I'm not opposed against mixed battles.  I see it as a kind of added reality to the game however I know a lot of players who are completely opposed and even quit the game because of the mixed battles and how the mechanism works.  However I'm completely opposed that planes can kamikaze themselves into ground units.  The mechanism is developed in a way that each pilot takes off with a basic payload of ammo and / or bombs depending on the type and make of plane.  The same mechanism is in such way developed that a plane has exactly one minute to choose its target(s) and attacking it / them.  The better you preform during a match the more chance you have to join an air battle.  If you are out of ammo and / or bombs than bad luck...And please don't say that it is no longer possible to dive into ground units because it still is.  I totally agree with OilCan.  If one or more of my vehicles gets kamikazed the kamikaze pilot gets the credit for the kill (although he or she crashes too) and I'm punished by the game twice not only for the lost of the vehicle (knowing that GF is limited to one initial spawn and two respawns) but also for the repair costs, etc.,.. I don't think that this is exactly fair game IMHO?  After all the Kamikaze pilot in most cases loses the plane but still has an active vehicle on the battlefield (except a team mate spots it and destroys his or her vehicle).  Possible solutions :

- Gaijin reworks the mechanism in a way that pilots in GF can no longer lawn darting themselves into vehicles but I'm afraid that this is technical possible?

- Kamikaze pilot as well as kamikazed vehicle are credited with a kill and no repair costs for the lost vehicle.  After all the kamikaze pilot doesn't have to pay for upgrades and repair of the plane.

- Kamikazed pilot will be punished either with loss of GE (like team kills) and no credit for the kill or will not only loose plane but also will loose immediately his or her active vehicle on the battlefield.

What I also disprove of is the fact that you can't call arty on an enemy spawn point but planes can attack spawn points without any problems.  Also this should be changed if Gaijin has no objection against spawn camping and killing because they see it as a tactic.  A few days ago I was playing GF AB and it was the Abandoned Factory map we were playing.  I lost already two vehicles.  I want to respawn with my last vehicle which was a SPAA.  I spawn and I instantly get killed by a lawn darter before I even could do anything?? What's about the spawn protection in this story then?     

Edited by ComRecce