Hoppy53

arcade
Kamikaze Pilots during Tank Battles. Fair??

47 posts in this topic

Hi,

One of the most frustrating things I have with WT is when aircraft deliberately crash into ground units to get a kill. It is not in the spirit of fair play, and would IRL lead to there being no pilots or aircraft left.

A possible solution would be to simply remove any damage effect accrued from impact with a ground target. A pilot could still ride their guns all the way into the target to get as many hits as possible, it would just be that the impact itself would count for nothing. This would remove any incentive to get a cheap kill, and help develop piloting skills.

Hi,

One of the most frustrating things I have with WT is when aircraft deliberately crash into ground units to get a kill. It is not in the spirit of fair play, and would IRL lead to there being no pilots or aircraft left.

A possible solution would be to simply remove any damage effect accrued from impact with a ground target. A pilot could still ride their guns all the way into the target to get as many hits as possible, it would just be that the impact itself would count for nothing. This would remove any incentive to get a cheap kill, and help develop piloting skills.

Do you mean in ground forces or air battles?

In ground forces, planes can't damage vehicles by crashing into them anymore.  At least they can only do this to br 1.0 vehicles at best.  Usually planes will wait until they are 1 metre away to launch rockets, and this can be confused for death by crashing into them.  I deliberately try to ram vehicles with my aircraft after dropping its payload, and have no destroyed a vehicle that way in a long long time.

Lord tao : That's a nice improvement !

What about this : when a player choose to fly a plane during the ground force game, if he get killed in his plane, he lose the ground team.

People would be more careful to avoid ground to air bullets and crashing their plane.

Lord tao : That's a nice improvement !

What about this : when a player choose to fly a plane during the ground force game, if he get killed in his plane, he lose the ground team.

People would be more careful to avoid ground to air bullets and crashing their plane.

By your logic you want pilots in ground battles punished for getting shot down or crashing.

no free kills anymore i suggest this one 

normal you have  3 tanks in your set up

1. tank

2. tank

3. tank

and if take planes,,,,,,, 

1. tank 

2. tank 

3. planes

you loose one tank from your set up,,,,,,,this is one option 

They should just apply the same model as in RB. That would be the easiest solution of all and everyone would be OK with it. Probably.

In ground forces, planes can't damage vehicles by crashing into them anymore.  At least they can only do this to br 1.0 vehicles at best.  Usually planes will wait until they are 1 metre away to launch rockets, and this can be confused for death by crashing into them.  I deliberately try to ram vehicles with my aircraft after dropping its payload, and have no destroyed a vehicle that way in a long long time.

This is not true - lightly or unarmoured vehicles are quite easy to kill regardless of BR - they are usually AA - eg Soviet trucks and German 1/2 tracks.

i can get you some videos if you say something like that , this is totally BS ! 

GF battle ,, they crash tier planes and drop the bombs just near they hit the ground ,,first their planes crashed ,result your tracks is broken then bombs explode 

only solution is remove those planes mode out of the AB 

Or if the aircraft doesnt survive the designated flight time it recieves no credit for any kills. It will suck for people who actually get shot down but it also gives players the option to intentionly ram vehicles if its worth getting nothing for your effort

Only solution imo that will work and possibly be accepted by Gaijin, is to use the same method as in RB. The game mechanics are already working in RB battles so it should be a simple enough option to port it across to arcade GF.

I have mixed feelings about using the RB system. On one hand, it seems like the best way to deal with this. On the other hand, it kinda penalizes those of us who haven't unlocked much for planes. I might be the minority for all I know, but given that planes seem pretty hard to fly on the PS4, I only play them very casually and doubt I'll even have any aircraft that will match my tanks BR wise.

Remove tanker spawn as plane and let 2 or 3 players join as pilot with a single spawn...

1- Who does not have plane research, usually dive his plane to the ground (no research, no plane - problem partially solved);
2- Exlcusive pilots usually don't suicide because of crew lock;
3- Planes killed, no more planes for the rest of the match.

tbh id never thought about players maybe not having researched enough planes for the RB system to work in arcade.

1 way of fixing suicide bombers is if bombs dont detonate if the destroyed plane is within xxx metres of the bombs. This stops bombers diving straight into tanks and releasing bombs at the very last minute as they wont detonate. It gives them an incentive to drop and at least move out of the area before crashing.

Still big problems with suicide rocket planes tho.

All i know is that the current mechanics are killing the game because most of the friends I brought here from Eve Online have already quit and left, not all because of suicides but over 50% of them.

Edited by Steve8066

tbh id never thought about players maybe not having researched enough planes for the RB system to work in arcade.

1 way of fixing suicide bombers is if bombs dont detonate if the destroyed plane is within xxx metres of the bombs. This stops bombers diving straight into tanks and releasing bombs at the very last minute as they wont detonate. It gives them an incentive to drop and at least move out of the area before crashing.

Still big problems with suicide rocket planes tho.

All i know is that the current mechanics are killing the game because most of the friends I brought here from Eve Online have already quit and left, not all because of suicides but over 50% of them.

Yeah, it makes it pretty hard for some of us. I like that right now the game gives me a plane at least kind of appropriate for my BR.

Could make it like RB in that once that plane dies (even one that's just given to you for the match), you simply don't even get another plane, like the guy above suggested. It's VERY rare to actually get shot down in AB, so this really only penalizes people who crash intentionally. Really, the only difference between RB and AB with this system would be that you are given a free plane after so many kills in AB rather than having to bring it.

Bombs already have assault fuses, which pretty much anything should be able to get away from of if they're paying attention. I think you're on the right track with rockets - have a distance delay before the warhead activates. Hundred meters? I don't know. But it seems like a realistic and easy way to not get suicided with them anymore.

Please, please, PLEASE stop this g-d f-ing suicide bombing?  Every game tonight I get my tanks bombed by someone killing himself....without penalty.  If someone dies crashing into you...say within a short given distance, then kill their tank/armor vehicle.  That will stop this unskilled, poor and pathetic move.  It takes me 5 or 10 minutes to drive my T28 to the battle, at 8 MPH and the first person I kill comes back in a plane and crashes into me...its infuriating.

Are the moderators/designers even responding to the cascade of complaints about this?  It is insanely frustrating to continually be killed by someone who can't kill you otherwise.  I am afraid to shoot and kill someone, knowing that if they have the points they will come and suicide me.  WTF??? Just take the damned planes out of the tank duels.  make them AI or something.  Please stop this stupid crap/  Being continually matched at .7 or 1.0 lower in BR in each match (7 times so far in a row today), but letting people kill you without any risk destroys the competition.  Come on, people.  Do something.  Do we all have to quit to spur you to make changes?  I quit this game for over 6 months and came back a month ago and love the game but it is getting more unfair and random.  I won't even start about the xxxx IT-1.

So many players just fly straight into an opponent killing themselves in the process, aircraft especially bombers, are just used like suicide rockets. I feel, if you die as a pilot in a tank battle, either by suicide or enemy fire, not only do you die in the air, you also loose the vehicle you were driving at the time you decided to take to the air. It's like pilots are getting an extra life, surely this isn't fair. Hopefully a whole mass of people agree and we can get this changed.

You fail to see another issue. A good AA fighter was spamming my tanks with planes. He was shooting down tons of planes then jumping in his own planes and suicide attacking. Then when I tried to get him back she shot me down again then came back with a plane and killed my tank :). Thats  kinda weird. I dont think you should get plane runs from shooting planes.

On 3/22/2016 at 8:44 PM, Lord_Tao said:

I personally have a hard time believing this, BUT. . .for the sake of argument, let's assume this is true.  What is the difference between death by being crashed into, and death by bombs/rockets from an aircraft that deliberately crashes into you in order to deliver said ordinance as accurately as possible?  Answer:  there is none.  You are still being kamikazed.  The player is still using an absurdly unrealistic tactic, deliberately killing themselves in order to achieve a cheap and easy (and PAINLESS!!!!!)  kill.

There are many ways this could be avoided.  Personally, I think the easiest and most honest way of dealing with it (that is, if you agree with the proposition that kamikaze is unrealistic and completely unsportsman-like), is to penalize players who kill an enemy while in the process of crashing.  If they REALLY want to kamikaze you, then let them feel some pain.  Let them be ejected from battle, and take a 500,000 SL hit.  Call it a "Resurrection Cost".

OR

You could just simply create a "Ground Forces Only" category for Arcade Battles.

I've been killed several times today by suicide planes.  I have to repeat that whether their payload is technically the "cause of death" of the ground vehicle the aircraft crashes into, is moot.

Just now, I was killed while capping at the end of a battle, by a player who achieved 11 kills.  It was almost certainly decisive.  The battle would almost certainly have been a victory for my team.  How many of this player's kills were done by suicide?  I'm going to review the replay right now, and give you the answer.