RedTribe

ID:0049719 16/10/2016 XP-50 engine dies and propeller breaks down as soon as throttle up w/o MEC

Hello,

After the 1.63 update, XP-50 in EC sessions had this weird situation (although other planes told to have the same issue but I did not test them).

I start engine, then whether I use MEC or AEC, when I throttle up, engine dies instantly even at 30% throttle (youtube regenerated bug video shows it).

But in the test flight everything is ok. This situation occured in both EC4 and EC3 so generally in EC session we can say. It works normally in test flight.

I am adding clog file, replay file and a youtube video that I capture during recreation of the bug.

Thank you in advance.

Replay file cannot be uploaded to this section of forum (but I had been able to upload it to "SB Air and EC technical support" section anyway) so I am giving dropbox link:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46406108/XP-50 engine dying on throttle up.wrpl

Youtube Video of recreation of bug:

2016_09_29_14_02_38__2148.rar

medal medal

Sorry, I was going off the the conversation in the other thread and was testing whilst you were reporting.

We will test again in EC mode.

Cheers

Quick update: Auto/Manual turbo charger keys work. In manual turbo charger mode, increasing and decreasing values does not work with relative controls. I set Left CTRL+Left Shift+Q, Left CTRL+Left Shift+W and Left CTRL+Left Shift+Tab (Left CTRL+Left Shift+E is set for manual engine controls in my setup). The 50% value neither increasing nor decreasing. I also set Right Alt+6,7,8 for increase, decrease and reset but it is not working. I cannot set turbo charger values manually but can enable/disable auto controls.

With auto turbo charger, the bug still continues. With 50% manual values it's still same. These are in EC.

Update 2: In RB it's same as in EC. Turbo charger cannot be increased or decreased and engine dies and propeller broken just after throttling up even if i set propeller pitch to 0%.

Update 3: In AB air spawned with 0% throttle. Increasing throttle did work properly. I cannot set manual engine controls in AB so cannot test it.

PS: I am not sure that the turbo charger value increase/decrease problem is directly related to 1.63 update since I had never used it before. I may be an old problem. For my case (PC+joystick+keyboard+Windows system) increasing and decreasing turbo charger values is not working. Should I insert a separate bug report for this @KnightoftheAbyss?

medal medal

Thanks for the update

Hi All,

Sorry for the delay.  We have had people away with their real world jobs and the rest of us have been busy with the new version release.  I also had the issue with Experience 3.0 that a lot of folks have had regarding ShadowPlay and the new Share feature for NVIDIA users; all this delayed the testing.

My joystick has some issues at the moment and so this was done in EC using Mouse aim.  The first time you see the engine start in the video is the result of just pressing W to accelerate and the engine winds up fast and the props break.  The second (successful) time is using a much slower acceleration of the engines.

Can you please try this and advise of the outcome?

Thanks

Hello,

I tried it with joystick but it's not very possible to increase throttle one by one with my joystick. I cannot go beyond 15% throttle even if I try to increase a little bit and wait a little bit then increase little bit again etc. Unfortunately this solution wont work for me :(

medal medal

Hello,

Tested your suggested solution with joystick in EC but it does not work for me. Even if I try to increase throttle very slowly, propeller gets broken after 15% of throttle.

medal medal

Thanks,

I wasn't sure how it would work with a joystick.  Thanks for that.

I will report this today.

Cheers

Hello!
         Thank you for your help improving the game.  

Your information has been forwarded to the developers and the tracking number is: ID: 0049719      

This thread will remain unlocked for one week (7 days) so that anyone with additional information\evidence\examples will have a place to post.  

After this time the report will remain active but will be archived.

It will also serve as a place where the developers will post questions for you to answer so please keep up to date here.