Sign in to follow this  
ODST_

What do you guys think of the pacific campaign?

I've been thinking about getting the pacific pack because the campaign looks good(and a premium p38 doesn't hurt). I'm a true Murican' so I won't be usin' them ja.p planes. (I haven't started Japan yet so I don't have too much interest in their campaign just yet). If any of you have it what do you think about it in relation to sim. I like naval planes and naval bombers but I don't want to pay for 10 missions of fly to target and press space, but I also don't want something made for arcade like go in alone or with your four man flight and decimate the enemy like they just remembered a plane is a thing and that they happen to be in one.(though gaijin is pretty good with ai in my opinion). People say not to spend the money, but Gaijin does make a good game and I don't mind if it's worth it. Just curious about your input.

50 minutes ago, ODST_ said:

I've been thinking about getting the pacific pack because the campaign looks good(and a premium p38 doesn't hurt). I'm a true Murican' so I won't be usin' them ja.p planes. (I haven't started Japan yet so I don't have too much interest in their campaign just yet). If any of you have it what do you think about it in relation to sim. I like naval planes and naval bombers but I don't want to pay for 10 missions of fly to target and press space, but I also don't want something made for arcade like go in alone or with your four man flight and decimate the enemy like they just remembered a plane is a thing and that they happen to be in one.(though gaijin is pretty good with ai in my opinion). People say not to spend the money, but Gaijin does make a good game and I don't mind if it's worth it. Just curious about your input.

i got missions for free during a event last year..   they are like any normal single player missions, but they have info videos/commentary added to them. some mission are fun, some even bugged [2-3 missions dont end,you have to try 2-3 times.].  if you liked normal single player missions, you will like these as well,because you can re enact whole usa vs japan engagement by playing mission according to dates of each mission.  from attack on pearl harbor to Guadalcanal campaign, no last 2x b29 mission for obvious reasons.

also did they removed separate purchase of USA pacific pack with xp38G or Japaneses pacific pack with a6m5 ? i'll say pacific advance pack is worth buying only with 50% discount. best thing in that pack is prem a6m5+5000GE, unless you can afford it easily, go buy it right now.

shot 2016.09.27 09.53.15.jpg

shot 2016.09.27 09.53.25.jpg

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I bought it for the Immersion which you kinda get, but the thing is, missions are bugged sometimes and they are hard to do as well. If you are going into it thinking you will get great immersion, youll be a bit dissapointed. Playing with unlimited ammo and fuel is a must! Sure you can jump in cockpit, but the campaign was really designed for Arcade not SB. Also, you get like 4 respawns on plane but for some reason you can only switch once so if you die twice its GG (in my experience anyway). 

medal medal

I enjoyed the campaign and the XP-38g is very much under-battlerated, but I don't have much use for the A6M5 Ko with its weaker guns than the other two variants.   And at $50, I'm not sure that I'd pay that price, especially if I didn't want to play Japanese planes.   You might just want to buy a few GE's and pick up the XP-55 and or 50, which are both decent killers.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

I was looking at some of the bundles they offer and the ultra bundle is on sale for $80. I probably won't get it but I might look into it since you get four packs at discount. The Peshka pack is listed but I can't find it anywhere in the store, was it removed?

i fly the xp religiously. i love it. that being said the fm is no dif then the g. just dif br. BUT you do get the prem bonus with it. its the onyl pack i have bought. i am a 38 fan. i have used the xp enough to justify it for myself. bonus if you like the single player stuff. i did like 2 or 3 missions. 

medal

I enjoyed the campaigns, for the most part.  As stated by others, many are buggy or nearly impossible in SB mode... nearly.  I was able to complete them all though.  They were designed for AB/RB and mouse-aim and were created long before many changes to FMs and DMs and the missions themselves were never balanced afterwards.  For instance, there's one mission where you need to take down many bombers before they complete their run and then get away.  With the way things are balanced today, I almost gave up on that mission.  It also shows how bots can fly at peak performance where even if your good at manual engine control you'll never be able to keep up with the bots that are flying the same plane as you.

So... overall it was fun, it felt really good completing ever one of them on SB difficulty, but they were also frustrating and very annoying at times. The rewards for completing them are also next to nothing.  If its no big deal for you to afford them, I wouldn't talk you out of getting them.  If your asking yourself if they're worth the money, probably not for the campaigns alone.  If your really good in SB, the bulk of them you can do in a weekend.   But it will probably take a lot longer to go through them all because of the frustrating ones that will wear you out and get on your nerves and make you give up on the campaigns that day.

I'll have to say though, if your not great at SB and need plenty of practice, they'll give you that.  Specially where ground attack is concerned. There's also ground units and map layouts you wont see elsewhere in the game, and its all solo and will give you something to do when your alone and bored and can't get a battle you want.  You'll also be able to see and take part in large battles with large formations that you wont see elsewhere.  So, if you can keep from getting too frustrated at points you can find enjoyment and even some immersion if you're willing to look for it.  If you're easily frustrated though, save your money.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

My friend got it years ago, but back then it was worth it because we were AB/RB guys at the time, and even when we got into SB there were some great Pacific matchups where he was able to enjoy playing those planes the most.  The P-38 you can still enjoy these days, but anything Japanese pretty much isn't played anymore since our Pacific theater maps are gone from the normal modes.  He didn't really get it for the campaigns, but more for the planes to have in the normal game modes.

If we still had Pacific maps in rotation, and you needed a plane or two to help grind with, I'd say get the pack, especially if there's a sale.  But as of right now Japan really isn't worth playing anymore so your A6M5 Ko would pretty much never get used.  I would LOVE the Pacific theater to make a return to SB.  Easily some of the best Sim matches I've ever played, from either side (back during Old SB), and I know a lot of friends who played WT just for that matchup.

medal medal

4 hours ago, Spidey2721 said:

i fly the xp religiously. i love it. that being said the fm is no dif then the g. just dif br. BUT you do get the prem bonus with it. its the onyl pack i have bought. i am a 38 fan. i have used the xp enough to justify it for myself. bonus if you like the single player stuff. i did like 2 or 3 missions. 

I can confirm - both plane (XP38G and P38G) use the same FM - not the copy/clone - I mean literally the same. They differ in name, BR and paint

medal medal medal medal medal

17 minutes ago, przybysz86 said:

I can confirm - both plane (XP38G and P38G) use the same FM - not the copy/clone - I mean literally the same. They differ in name, BR and paint

And the lower BR XP can carry rockets, but the other can't.   However, recently those XP rockets got nerfed down to ineffectual status.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

20 minutes ago, YoMama2 said:

And the lower BR XP can carry rockets, but the other can't.   However, recently those XP rockets got nerfed down to ineffectual status.

not sure how old yourinfo is but currently regular P38G can carry rockets too.

Imj8zd9.png

And I know premium have RP/SL boosters. I was referring only to flight model.

EDIT:
XP38 have twice the repair/spawn cost in SB vs regular one

Edited by przybysz86
medal medal medal medal medal

Sign in to follow this