Warbonds - pros and cons

6 minutes ago, Dodo_Dud said:

Well, try doing it with japan. :Bayan:

I do nothing with Japan... Hahaha....

I spaded them up to 4.3 and stopped.  I find them fun now and then but they are so far inferior compared to every other nation.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Cpt_Sum_TingWong said:

I just got my 1st Almighty task.  Took my 8 tries but I did it.  Having only 6 slots and flying alone, it was rather difficult for me. 

I flew out the P51 1st to get the kill then dived it into the ground.  I then followed it with the A20 and A36 if needed, then the b25, and finally the p47s.  One doesn't need to finish in T4.  Not sure If one needs to start with the T4 but I always did.  

Well, I only have 6 slots too and I do this stuff alone as well. So no sympathy there... ;-)

If you do the fighter first, you lose time. I'd do the attacker first (plenty of soft targets still alive, A20 is fast and might be there in time).

Then the T4 fighter with the enemy near and below the spawn (saves a lot of time, gives altitude advantage).

And then the bomber, like a B25. You don't need to j-out at this stage and you can kill ground even without bombs. You can load 3x1000lb for 3 sure kills. And you can stay in the game. And the tanks will be nearer by this time. And you can focus on winning from now on.

I would only take 1 attacker in the lineup unless you prefer them over bombers. If the attacker fails (unlikely if you attack soft stuff), end the mission and try with germany or the soviets.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 20.10.2016 at 0:52 AM, Josephs_Piano said:

no, they don't - it doesn't actually say in the description, but I have noticed over time that ground unit assists do not count.

I got the assist task today, so I did experiment. Here are my findings:

Ground target assists DO count. (I am sure on that one)

They only count if the required tier has flown (like bombers or ground kills).

The memory of your damage fades quickly, so you can not prep plenty of pill boxes. You have to damage something that will soon die.

Edited by Dodo_Dud
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

10 minutes ago, Dodo_Dud said:

I got the assist task today, so I did experiment. Here are my findings:

Ground target assists DO count. (I am sure on that one)

They only count if the required tier has flown (like bombers or ground kills).

The momory of your damage fades quickly, so you can not prep plenty of pill boxes. You have to damage something that will soon die.

That is good info to know. Might come in handy in the future.

I've found that when going for air assists, success really depends on your teammates ability to kill targets quickly.

On my last T3 assist task (18 assists), I got it done in 3 matches (1,13,4) using a BR 3.0 US line-up. 

So now I might try the ground strategy in the games where my teammates are being less than deadly.

BTW, Got enough for the Ki-44 today. It's a fun plane. Well worth the time spent on tasks IMO.

medal medal

It's actually one of the easiest to complete at tier 4.

The tank version is harder because you have to bail, or get blown up to get the next vehicle and can only farm kills in the last tank.

With planes you just bring in whatever is tier 4 first in bombers or attackers (although I actually think only the last fly out matters, but I havent tested that with almighty and always bring out a tier 4 first and last). You use the weakest ground attacker first, the one most likely to get shot down. Get your three kills and immediately bail.

Then its bomber, or attacker, or another of either if you didn't get 3 in first life. Once you ave 3 of each its time for fighters. If you are any good chances are you have a 50/50 chance of a win irrespective of your being occupied with this challenge, and have at least 2 more planes you can use to help team win.

After the 3 ground targets for each, you just look for a safe kill. Steal it, or whatever. With 2 fighters you should be able to get one kill, it's really the only challenging part of this apart from getting the ground kills before your teammates. Or if you do this with Brits, getting the ground kills before you get demolished.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

The Havoc will do as a bomber, not as an attacker. I would be surprised if it is different. If so, let me know, then I will experiment.

1 hour ago, __THE____BEST__ said:

So what are the ground attack tempest, and mosquito?

They are not attackers but strike fighters or home defense fighters. They don't have the slim attacker diamond icon.

1 hour ago, kireta21 said:

How about literally impossible task?

Clipboard01.jpg

I play since March and I'm pretty sure this award isn't even in game.

Got "Fighter's Nightmare" (10+ kills) bunch of times, but this one never.

It's really easy actually... You must kill 5 fighters in a game.  Not attackers.  Not bombers.  5 Fighters.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

7 hours ago, Wyckyd_Sceptre said:

Why do we have to figure these things out on our own?

Thank you Dodo for experimenting and pointing these requirements out...but why is this necessary?

If it is part of the game, should not the game point out the rules?

In all fairness, the game states "attackers" and labels some planes as attackers. And those are the planes that work. And only those.

It was suggested above that others work too. I tried the ones mentioned, they don't. Game is right.

Damage with planes is not remembered forever - you don't get an assist for every plane you hit, remember? Ground just works the same.

Yes, it would be nice to know the precise rules of the mechanics BUT what makes you believe that these mechanics are already carved in stone and the same as 3 months ago? I suspect that they constantly fine tune the thing.

The 5 fighter kill award is a known documentation bug, but the the warbond task is relativly clear and it works.

Don't get me wrong. I'm happy for the chance to earn free planes every month. The lack of documentation is a known problem with this game. I understand this and happily play it daily because it is by far the best game of its kind.

But when it is a part of the game and almost everybody is confused with what an "attacker" is (thank you for the slim diamond hint).. or whether a Heavy Fighter or a Strike Fighter is actually classified as a "fighter" (BTW... I'm still not sure on this)... This is something that needs to be addressed by the devs and not glossed over willy nilly.:)

medal medal