Dodo_Dud

Warbonds - pros and cons

3 hours ago, Predatorr13 said:

I just dislike the assists one, takes me forever to get assists lol.

It seems that there is no quicker way to get a bunch of kills than to go just for assists.

I also almost always get accused of kill stealing while going for assists. The excuse, "I swear I was just going for the assist." never seems to go well for me.:D

• Upvote 1
medal medal

Fly a B17 or B25 through the furball - that'll get you plenty of assists! :) 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

So far, I have swapped out of assists in T3 and T4, but lately I have started to experiment with it. I am currently researching how to get (many) assists via ground targets. Seems promising.

Edited by Dodo_Dud
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On one of the front lines yesterday I flew out a plane shooting really weak guns like 7.7 or 7.62.  I just peppered a lot of the MG's, Arty, and AAA and wound up with a ton of assists in that game from that when someone finished off the target.  Anyone know if those assists also count for the war bonds?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, l_AM_GOD said:

On one of the front lines yesterday I flew out a plane shooting really weak guns like 7.7 or 7.62.  I just peppered a lot of the MG's, Arty, and AAA and wound up with a ton of assists in that game from that when someone finished off the target.  Anyone know if those assists also count for the war bonds?

I am not sure if they count before you flew the right tier. But they did count when I used that method.

What I want to experiment with is this: Regular pills need 300kg (iirc) to die. Sprinke them with 50 kg. Then come back with plenty 250 kg in the next plane. If the pill is still there, easy kill. If not, assist. Full of win!

4 minutes ago, Dodo_Dud said:

I am not sure if they count before you flew the right tier. But they did count when I used that method.

What I want to experiment with is this: Regular pills need 300kg (iirc) to die. Sprinke them with 50 kg. Then come back with plenty 250 kg in the next plane. If the pill is still there, easy kill. If not, assist. Full of win!

Good tactic... a Ju88 would be great for this!  I'll give it a shot next time.  That would blow the assists one out of the water and make it super easy.

Wait!  Your saying all my warbond cash disappears at the end of each month?  Guess I better start using it.  Here I was saving them up for a new vehicle.

11 minutes ago, GonzoX said:

Wait!  Your saying all my warbond cash disappears at the end of each month?  Guess I better start using it.  Here I was saving them up for a new vehicle.

At the end of the month you are unable to obtain anymore war bonds.  However, your unused warbonds you have like 5 days you can still use them in the other month.

However, one month the warbond color will be blue and the next will be red.  So for a vehicle that takes blue war bonds this month, you won't be able to stack any of the new months red war bonds on top of that to buy a vehicle.  

On 18/10/2016 at 1:03 PM, Dodo_Dud said:

I can't confirm any of your findings when using planes! I suspect you are suffering from confirmation bias.

confirmation bias is when you search through past data to prove your point. Its not confirmation bias when the findings then get proven in future data, like mine has.

medal medal medal

3 minutes ago, Steve8066 said:

confirmation bias is when you search through past data to prove your point. Its not confirmation bias when the findings then get proven in future data, like mine has.

Oh, that is fine with me. As long as they only conspire against you, I am OK.

• Upvote 1

_Catweazle_63
_Catweazle_63 gave l_AM_GOD a warning for this post
Reason: Verbal Warning Only · Points: 0 ·
8 minutes ago, Steve8066 said:

Easy fix is remove the tin foil hat.  Generally, people pay closer attention to how many assists they get when they are doing a task for it.  Gaijin is not conspiring against you... People feel the same way about wagers.  The fact is that when you are really focused on something it can effect your flying skills and also you pay closer attention to certain things than you normally would.  Some people genuinely believe that when they start a gold eagle wager then they become "nerfed"... Their failing to get kills is usually the result of stress / pressure and it deteriorates their performance.

Your findings are not proven just because you say they are... Sorry kid.

_Catweazle_63 (Posted )

The ridiculing remark devaluates the rest of your comment. Do not: 1.1.1. Insult any forum members or forum staff. 1.1.2. Start or participate in flame wars, intentionally derail a topic, or post useless spam messages in moderated areas.

-- Interesting that assists count to ground units as well.  Never thought of that. 

-- As far as going on a losing streak once you need a task for the win....Has it ever occurred to you that many on the RED side also has a task that they must win as well?  Or does your conspiracy theory goes as far as MM putting all people with must win tasks on the same team?   

medal medal medal medal medal

14 minutes ago, Cpt_Sum_TingWong said:

-- Interesting that assists count to ground units as well.  Never thought of that. 

-- As far as going on a losing streak once you need a task for the win....Has it ever occurred to you that many on the RED side also has a task that they must win as well?  Or does your conspiracy theory goes as far as MM putting all people with must win tasks on the same team?   

Well obviousllyyyy Gaijin needs a system that puts everyone on the same team if they are on a winning task! Stupid broken Game!  ~Sarcasm Off

The example that Steve used is more of an attention to detail thing IMO... If you are trying for assists then it seems like they are a pain in the butt to get.  However, typically you don't pay attention to how many assists you get and you may even be angry when you get one.  Steve's tin foil hat is on pretty tight but I believe that this kid has what it takes to understand how logic debunks his conspiracy that is based on his self-collected "Facts".

Edited by l_AM_GOD

Playtime is over, now, back to the topic and discus the topic.

10 hours ago, l_AM_GOD said:

no, they don't - it doesn't actually say in the description, but I have noticed over time that ground unit assists do not count.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

6 hours ago, Josephs_Piano said:

no, they don't - it doesn't actually say in the description, but I have noticed over time that ground unit assists do not count.

I have invested quite a bit of silver the last two days to get the assist task - but now that I want it, Gaijin makes sure I don't get it so I can't find out about sekrit assist strategies. I got my premium on monday and now use the tasks to experiment. But no luck this far.

One problem with assists is, that you don't find them in the logs, so you can't figure out what you get them for. Or do you have a way to know exactly for what an assist was given? I was going to deliberately ignore planes, but you can't silence that rear gunner of yours, can you?

One of my favorite strategies when pursuing the "assist" task in tanks is to bounce up in a fighter (not a bomber), ignore the other planes and just strafe the enemy tanks closest to the front.   You can usually pepper 4 or 5 and since they're close to the front, your teammates will kill a few in short order.    Totally pointless from a game winning strategy, but it gets you free assists.

That said, I hate the assists tasks probably more than any other in the Warbonds stable.   Trying to intentionally NOT kill something is completely counterproductive.

I've noticed that while flying, I'll occasionally nick an AI ground target and later get an assist, but the event is so rare that I've never noticed if the assist counts for the task or not.

3 hours ago, YoMama2 said:

That said, I hate the assists tasks probably more than any other in the Warbonds stable.   Trying to intentionally NOT kill something is completely counterproductive.

That is why I was looking for productive strategies, like the pillbox kill. No matter what, the team benefits. I just need to find out if it counts.

On 10/13/2016 at 8:18 AM, Dodo_Dud said:

You miss an important point: The T4 MUST have flown when the Almighty Task ends and the program checks for victory. You can easily do this job with an A-20 in your lineup. Then use a good fighter for a quick kill and then take a t4 bomber and blast your way to victory.

In theory, even good old england should be able to qualify for almighty: Take the Wirraway and go for some softer targets. Only japan has no hope of 'almighty', but that fits. They should get some attacker.

I just got my 1st Almighty task.  Took my 8 tries but I did it.  Having only 6 slots and flying alone, it was rather difficult for me.  My line up was T4 p51(4.0), 2 p47s(3.0), a36(2.7?), a20(2.7), b25(3.7).  That put me at 3.7br.  Having only 1 bomber in the line up also hurt me.  One game I went for a column of tanks, got 2, then was blown out of the sky by a yak 9T before I could find another unit to kill.  Of course we won that game.   I won 2 airfield doms but was 1 short of ground units with the attacker.  In one of those I had 2 kills with the attacker so i spawned the A36 with three tanks left.  As I got with in 2k of them, poof, auto destruct!  Air field Doms I would expect are hard since many people spawn bombers and the GUs are quickly gone.  

I flew out the P51 1st to get the kill then dived it into the ground.  I then followed it with the A20 and A36 if needed, then the b25, and finally the p47s.  One doesn't need to finish in T4.  Not sure If one needs to start with the T4 but I always did.  

America can be a rough one for that... I typically use Germany 4.3 for that... I'll fly out the tier IV 4.0 ME to try to head on something to get my fighter kill...  Then I'll spawn a Do, drop on a pillbox (Killing pillbox and AAA / Arty around it).  J out of Do 217 E-2, spawn the HS129, shoot up the closest 3 ground targets.  Done... If you aren't done or if your ME failed then you still have the 190 A4 for your fighter kill, the Ju 88 for your bomber targets, and if you have the premium HS129 you can use that as well.

I also find the Russian combo easy to achieve this with at tier 4... The La7's, Pe8 / Yer, and the IL-2's.

• Upvote 1