Warbonds - pros and cons

30 days of play if you log in the same time EVERY DAY. If you miss that reset by 5 or 10 hours then you lose 1/4 of a day you can use to get that premium, this adds up quickly.

Unless you are the kind of person that can set aside the same time everyday to sit there for anything from an hour-hour and a half, and up to 4-5+ hours (depending on your nations, vehicles, and silver lions you are prepared to blow re-rolling the same challenge 3 times to get something doable).

I found the vehicles around 2300-2800 a chore, but doable. Anything over 3000 feels too much like work, and not enough like life.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

7 hours ago, __THE____BEST__ said:

30 days of play if you log in the same time EVERY DAY. If you miss that reset by 5 or 10 hours then you lose 1/4 of a day you can use to get that premium, this adds up quickly.

Unless you are the kind of person that can set aside the same time everyday to sit there for anything from an hour-hour and a half, and up to 4-5+ hours (depending on your nations, vehicles, and silver lions you are prepared to blow re-rolling the same challenge 3 times to get something doable).

I found the vehicles around 2300-2800 a chore, but doable. Anything over 3000 feels too much like work, and not enough like life.

Not denying that.  War bonds can be very time consuming!  However, as mentioned before, these are not "free" vehicles and investing a lot of time into the game isn't for everyone.  War bonds are helpful to everyone but if you aren't a player that spends a lot of time on the game then you won't be getting vehicles for minimal effort.  However, you can still get branches, decals, and boosters. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 6.10.2016 at 6:28 AM, __THE____BEST__ said:

I simply log in every morning, when the coffee is on the boil. That secures booster and warbond times.

Actually, you can turn your complaint to your advantage by making more use of the 22 hour time frame. I am currently experimenting on that one.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

For the 'Almighty' task at tier 4 I found the only viable nation to be Russia, Tu-2S, 2 Yer, Su-6, 2 Il-10 and a couple 5.0 fighters, Br of the lineup is 5.3, you got 3 bombers, 3 attackers and 5 fighters, good chance to get the needed kills and win as well. Before the Su-6 came out I used to do it at BR 5.0 with 2 bombers/ 2 attackers, but 3/3 feels safer to get it on first try.

US only got one attacker, Germany, Britain and Japan none....

As to the warbond idea altogether, I quite like them. If I don't have a premium vehicle I'll go for that, else I go for decals, this month maybe for a bush. Sure it's faster and easier to just buy lowish tier premium vehicles, but since I play the game anyways (a lot...), might as well do Battle tasks.

Edited by Animal_mother
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Animal_mother said:

For the 'Almighty' task at tier 4 I found the only viable nation to be Russia, Tu-2S, 2 Yer, Su-6, 2 Il-10 and a couple 5.0 fighters, Br of the lineup is 5.3, you got 3 bombers, 3 attackers and 5 fighters, good chance to get the needed kills and win as well. Before the Su-6 came out I used to do it at BR 5.0 with 2 bombers/ 2 attackers, but 3/3 feels safer to get it on first try.

As to the warbond idea altogether, I quite like them. If I don't have a premium vehicle I'll go for that, else I go for decals, this month maybe for a bush. Sure it's faster and easier to just buy lowish tier premium vehicles, but since I play the game anyways (a lot...), might as well do Battle tasks.

You miss an important point: The T4 MUST have flown when the Almighty Task ends and the program checks for victory. You can easily do this job with an A-20 in your lineup. Then use a good fighter for a quick kill and then take a t4 bomber and blast your way to victory.

In theory, even good old england should be able to qualify for almighty: Take the Wirraway and go for some softer targets. Only japan has no hope of 'almighty', but that fits. They should get some attacker.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Did this last night on Germany... Extremely easy at 5.3.

Fly Do-217 out and bomb a single pillbox (Or more if they are around).  One bomb on a pill with AAA / Artillery around will pop 4 ground targets, completing your bomber mission.  Suicide into the ground.  Fly out the HS129 and shoot some armored cars, light pillboxes, or AAA/Artillery.  Slam into the ground after 3.  Spawn a FW190 (Any Tier IV) and do head ons with fighters... It will be easy to get a kill.  Then you just need to spawn another Do to finish up the game for a win...

3 hours ago, Dodo_Dud said:

You miss an important point: The T4 MUST have flown when the Almighty Task ends and the program checks for victory. You can easily do this job with an A-20 in your lineup. Then use a good fighter for a quick kill and then take a t4 bomber and blast your way to victory.

In theory, even good old england should be able to qualify for almighty: Take the Wirraway and go for some softer targets. Only japan has no hope of 'almighty', but that fits. They should get some attacker.

Oh, ah well, if I use tier 4 all over nothing can go wrong ;)

I do the tasks where you only need wins or 3000 points with anything, just making sure to finish with a tier 4, but I thought for the kill tasks you actually have to kill things with the corresponding tier.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 03/10/2016 at 5:58 PM, zwergziege said:

I think everyone's preferred mission is different. I personally like "staves to splinters" (unguided x 2) because I find that one to be great fun (rocket Tu-4s to oblivion with a Me-262? What's not to like)?

Lovely. I used to skip 'staves to splinters', but with a Me-262 and it's 48 rockets even I manage to hit a plane 5 times bigger than my own :)

What's not to like?

I always change out almighty because my focus is doing the tasks with the fewest number of missions possible at the lowest BR possible and I carry no racks with more than 7 crew slots.   If you happen to draw a map that doens't have clustered pillboxes, you can't get a 3 for one.    I don't want to spend more than 5 to 10 missions to complete all three tasks and so I almost always load an American plane rack at 3.3 to 3.7 chock full of fighter bombers, then a Russian tank rack at 5.3 tier IV.    I switch out tasks until I get ones that suit these racks.    They could increase the SL cost per switch tenfold, and I'd still do it.

Here's my only problem with warbonds.... the offered vehicles aren't changing and many are crap.    This month is my bane as I already have the Ki-44 and want nothing else they're offering.   So it'll be another handful of branches for me this month, I'm afraid.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

4 hours ago, Animal_mother said:

I do the tasks where you only need wins or 3000 points with anything, just making sure to finish with a tier 4, but I thought for the kill tasks you actually have to kill things with the corresponding tier.

The tasks where you collect kills over many missions work this way: The kills only count IF a T4 has already flown during that mission. So it you spawn a T4 and j-out, you can take the Wirraway to do your attacker kills with the british. If you do it in reverse order, the kills won't count.

20 hours ago, Dodo_Dud said:

The tasks where you collect kills over many missions work this way: The kills only count IF a T4 has already flown during that mission. So it you spawn a T4 and j-out, you can take the Wirraway to do your attacker kills with the british. If you do it in reverse order, the kills won't count.

Actually I just tested something, I guess it works more like wagers do.

Just got Rivalry, get a winning streak over 5 enemy fighters, 3-5 rank. I used my US BR 3.0 lineup, mostly tier 2, just 2 P-47 in the lineup to get tier 3. I didn't spawn a P-47 at all and still got it.

Edited by Animal_mother

On 10/13/2016 at 11:00 PM, Animal_mother said:

It works like this if the challenge is to get a number of kills then only the first vehicles br matters.

So let's say you needed kills with a fighter ant tier4. Your first kill needs to be a tier 4 fighter, but then you can use any fighter that game.

If you need to complete yadda yadda in one game, 3000 points, a streak etc. Then you just have to be in your tier4 at the end of the game or in your last flyout before losing last plane (you also seem to need to stay in the game).

So Americans can bring in either a tier 4 bomber, fighter, or attacker, then it doesn't matter. 

Edited by __THE____BEST__
adding
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 10/4/2016 at 1:22 AM, JonnyGabriel said:

What I mean by this is, you have your high tier rewards (the premium vehicles), your low tier rewards (the boxes/boosters/test drives) and basically nothing mid-tier related.

You either go balls to the wall and try to get the premiums, or just ignore the system and get a booster here and there.

I try to do them as I'm grinding - it adds a bit more purpose to individual games, and the boosters are helpful for that too - if I get a SL booster I go to my B25/PBJ spam preset for a game or 2 for the income :)

I've read the comments on here about needing T4 - the only task I've noticed it with is the "kill units with attackers" one, which I tested and found that only units killed by attackers AFTER I've flown T4 a/c count.  :good: Most of the other T4 tasks I don't bother with, and Stave to Splinters I'll pay to get out of, what with not having 262's!! ;)

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I just got an "Almighty" - only 2nd one I've had that I remember - pretty easy with USA - 2 P51's (prem), 2 PBJ's and 2 B25's - BR4.0.....

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

For 3 days now I found that tasks like 'Higher than the Sky', play a battle taking required place in team, you don't even have to play the corresponding tier, just have it in lineup.

5 hours ago, Dodo_Dud said:

Just cashed them in for a P-40. :DD

Congrats, it's rather good :). I got every vehicle proposed this month, so I got the decal, and now going for a bush.

Ive got a few vehicles from these but quite frankly I hate them because of the way they change the way the game plays for you. A few examples from arcade GF as i rarely do the plane ones......

get xxx assists/criticals - what i find is i kill most things in 1 shot and it takes ages to achieve the task no matter where you shoot at the enemy.

get xxx kills - exact opposite to the above, nothing kills and everything seems to be an assist or a crit or a bounce.

win xxx number of battles - invariably takes at least 4 times the number of battles to wins ratio. I think my record is 8 wins in 35 games. I often see 14 or 15 consecutive defeats when i have one of these tasks active. The other day I had 12 defeats in a row, paid to change the task, and then had 6 wins in a row.

The only ones i like are the ones where the game cant be against you, teamwork, capture streaks etc. Everything else just seems to be weighted against you. Im not saying they are fixed, but my findings are that they certainly do something to the way your tank `works` in a battle, and after doing these for 6 months or so, I have enough data to know that its not just random. Considering they are designed to get you to play the game for a certain length of time, it wouldnt surprise me if something is in the coding to prevent you doing them quickly, obviously not without paying SL/GE to get easy tasks. Still, Gaijin do need praising for allowing you to get `free` stuff.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

5 minutes ago, Steve8066 said:

Ive got a few vehicles from these but quite frankly I hate them because of the way they change the way the game plays for you. A few examples from arcade GF as i rarely do the plane ones......

get xxx assists/criticals - what i find is i kill most things in 1 shot and it takes ages to achieve the task no matter where you shoot at the enemy.

get xxx kills - exact opposite to the above, nothing kills and everything seems to be an assist or a crit or a bounce.

win xxx number of battles - invariably takes at least 4 times the number of battles to wins ratio. I think my record is 8 wins in 35 games. I often see 14 or 15 consecutive defeats when i have one of these tasks active. The other day I had 12 defeats in a row, paid to change the task, and then had 6 wins in a row.

The only ones i like are the ones where the game cant be against you, teamwork, capture streaks etc. Everything else just seems to be weighted against you. Im not saying they are fixed, but my findings are that they certainly do something to the way your tank `works` in a battle, and after doing these for 6 months or so, I have enough data to know that its not just random. Considering they are designed to get you to play the game for a certain length of time, it wouldnt surprise me if something is in the coding to prevent you doing them quickly, obviously not without paying SL/GE to get easy tasks. Still, Gaijin do need praising for allowing you to get `free` stuff.

I can't confirm any of your findings when using planes! I suspect you are suffering from confirmation bias.

First of all, I switch tasks that I don't like at all. Sometimes I give them a try again though and am often surprised how easy they have become with growing experience and arsenal.

As to doing them quickly: I have been through them very quickly on times (like 3 games). Rarely do I end up with a task that I don't like. If you play all nations, you can simply drop out of missions if the task can't be done in them.

I think I can do all the T2/T3 tasks I have seen and most of the T4s. If I don't get any suitable T4 at all... well, there is always another day.

10 minutes ago, Querulous1 said:

Surely to get a premium plane, the days you can miss are few ? Especially if you cannot play for ages every single day.

Just do the math:

To do T2 and T3 usually takes just 2-4 missions. That gives you at least 1800 tokens during a month. The premiums start at ~2400. You need 600 from T4, at 80 a shot. So you need to complete 8 T4 Missions to be on the safe side. That means you can do one on every Saturday and Sunday and be fine. Sounds fair to me.

The more expensive premiums are like 3400 tokens. So you need to do 20 of the T4 tasks. In other words, you can skip at least 10. Sounds still fair to me.

Edited by Dodo_Dud

49 minutes ago, Querulous1 said:

Surely to get a premium plane, the days you can miss are few ? Especially if you cannot play for ages every single day.

Well Dodo completed all the task to earn a premium by the middle of the month... so for these planes (P40 and Ki) you can miss roughly half the month and hit all the tasks every other day.  As Dodo said, the tasks become much easier once you get a  grasp of the best way to complete them and having different nations helps.

I like the war bonds as they give me something to aim for during the sometimes monotonous grinding. I use them to obtain premium vehicles that I normally wouldn't purchase (and usually don't need/use). Saves me a few GE here and there. I just dislike the assists one, takes me forever to get assists lol.