xHDx

Adjust DirectX version for best performance

On 23.8.2016 at 10:19 PM, xHDx said:

App Download:

  Hide contents

Download updated as of 29/12/2016 to v1.1.1.0

https://padlet.com/lewiswin10logon/lo7i61dnq1pl

Be sure to use the READ-ME file before using the software!!

 

 

While you want to choose the location but you click on 'abort' it appears following:

Spoiler

Xbg58vh.jpg

If you click then on 'OK' you will redirected to the window where you must choose the location. This is an endless repetition unless you close the App via Task Manager.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎01‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 11:12 PM, FredericusRer said:

While you want to choose the location but you click on 'abort' it appears following:

  Hide contents

Xbg58vh.jpg

If you click then on 'OK' you will redirected to the window where you must choose the location. This is an endless repetition unless you close the App via Task Manager.

 

Ok, I will have it fixed and reply again :) 

medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎01‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 11:12 PM, FredericusRer said:

While you want to choose the location but you click on 'abort' it appears following:

  Reveal hidden contents

Xbg58vh.jpg

If you click then on 'OK' you will redirected to the window where you must choose the location. This is an endless repetition unless you close the App via Task Manager.

 

I have fixed it but I'm working on more features, so the fix will be included with that :) 

medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I began converting the App to C# instead of VB.NET to go along with my University course modules (I'm learning C#).

 

http://imgur.com/a/7ydfF

 

Quite simply, I will have more knowledge about C# soon than VB.NET, and it helps me and you guys in the long run.

 

It will be updated to the same spec as the current one.

 

ETA: a week or two.  I got a lot of Console Aces (friends) to join me on PC, so I've been playing and not developing it as much but I am working on it still.

Edited by xHDx
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I look at my config the only mention of directX is this:
directx{
  d3d9ex:b=yes
  maxaa:i=0

 

Could someone tell me how to change this new format to DX11? This really pisses me off because not only does my system support DX12/DX11, I know it gives me a massive performance boost from when DayZ switched from DX9 rendering to DX11 rendering where my framerate more than doubled. 

Any help would be much appreciated

Edit: found the settings. They were just split up across the config. Still can't find the read only setting though.

Edited by JG3_Luftwaffle
Extra info not worth a double post.
medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5.4.2017 at 11:47 AM, JG3_Luftwaffle said:

Edit: found the settings. They were just split up across the config. Still can't find the read only setting though.

The read only setting isn't IN the file. You have to set the file ITSELF as read only. 

After you changed the file, save and close it. The do a right click on it, go to properties and there you can set it as read only.

medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎14‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 11:17 AM, Master_HEMAN said:

its working or not ?

 

No, sorry :(

I've had no time to create it and I've just finished an 8-week project.

 

I would like to change the apps design but I'm not sure which way I should go with it. It will probably be drastically different to the last one.

medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Started yesterday and it looks nice so far but its not near completion yet.

I also added the File Editor which I guess you could say is complete for now ;)

 

 

CAPI.thumb.png.07f7ae130e1423d13272f7b7fEDIT.thumb.png.f07ea5f20dc582b4a3e7af5a7

PLAY.png

Edited by xHDx
medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2017 at 10:47 AM, JG3_Luftwaffle said:

When I look at my config the only mention of directX is this:
directx{
  d3d9ex:b=yes
  maxaa:i=0

 

Could someone tell me how to change this new format to DX11? This really pisses me off because not only does my system support DX12/DX11, I know it gives me a massive performance boost from when DayZ switched from DX9 rendering to DX11 rendering where my framerate more than doubled. 

Any help would be much appreciated

Edit: found the settings. They were just split up across the config. Still can't find the read only setting though.

 

Your improvements with dayz have nothing to do with dx11 im afraid, it is way more complicated than that but lets say before that update, the renderer was "hardwired" to the rest of the engine, so it slowed it down like crazy, what they did in that update was making the render  and the game engine separate, so the render can give max performance without being bottlenecked by the game engine. They just chose to use dx11 coz it was the logical thing to do, not because it would provide a performance gain. If they had kept rendering in dx9 and they did the same "engine's separation" you would have gained even more performance. Dx11 in this game wont give you any better frame rate, it will just make the game look better with a little cost in performance. In my system is about 10-15%.

Edited by Iron_Tears
messed up quote

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Kensta_Senpai said:

I've a question...
Should the renderer setting also be changed? Because it's on dx11 while I'm using dx9 settings...

 

umm... your config.blk is faulty.

the renderer:b= variable isn't being used anymore (for years actually)... it has been replaced by the renderer2:b= some

years ago and last year that one has been replaced by the renderer3:b= variable (which is the current one)... ^^

 

so no matter what is written in the renderer:b= variable it's not going to affect the game at all (or rather it should not). in

newly created config.blks both the renderer:b= and the renderer2:b= variables are not even present anymore (just delete

the current config.blk and open the launcher and you'll see it in the config.blk that will be created automatically by the

launcher)

Edited by relliK
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, relliK said:

 

umm... your config.blk is faulty.

the renderer:b= variable isn't being used anymore (for years actually)... it has been replaced by the renderer2:b= some

years ago and last year that one has been replaced by the renderer3:b= variable (which is the current one)... ^^

 

so no matter what is written in the renderer:b= variable it's not going to affect the game at all (or rather it should not). in

newly created config.blks both the renderer:b= and the renderer2:b= variables are not even present anymore (just delete

the current config.blk and open the launcher and you'll see it in the config.blk that will be created automatically by the

launcher)

I see. Would there still be an effect if I change the renderer3:t=dx11 to dx9 or no?

medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hello. i recently attempted to manually change my settings to the 

dx9 and it seemed to have worked slightly but when i tried changing to dx11 to compare which i should stay at the game is still using dx11 and i have do a damn thing in the game. i went from getting like 8-14 FPS to15-22 FPS now im sitting at 3-5 FPS. i keep trying to switch back to dx9 but i dont think its saving but the game still shows its running dx11. when i open the config.blk to see if everything saved all i see is A LITERAL "f" on the page. nothing else. pls help. i have one of those xxxx inspiron one touch screen desktops with windows 7.

 

i MUST get back to the skies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎05‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 9:49 PM, HippobuhtXplosio said:

hello. i recently attempted to manually change my settings to the 

dx9 and it seemed to have worked slightly but when i tried changing to dx11 to compare which i should stay at the game is still using dx11 and i have do a damn thing in the game. i went from getting like 8-14 FPS to15-22 FPS now im sitting at 3-5 FPS. i keep trying to switch back to dx9 but i dont think its saving but the game still shows its running dx11. when i open the config.blk to see if everything saved all i see is A LITERAL "f" on the page. nothing else. pls help. i have one of those xxxx inspiron one touch screen desktops with windows 7.

 

i MUST get back to the skies.

 

Try chaning the section in the file again, but this time make the file read-only so War Thunder cannot change it back.

 

https://cubeupload.com/im/3LXxnE.png

 

medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Source code can be downloaded here:

File Name: Source.rar  Size: 1.32MB

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkzIqJedKxU8gcpucrdE33vWj22GcQ

 

.NET Framework 4.5.2 is required to run. You can download this here: (

File Name: NDP452-KB2901954-Web.exe  |  Size: 1.1 MB

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=42643

 

Details:

VS 2017 required unless you retarget the solution to VS Toolset v1.40 (VS 2015 toolset version)

The Application is a Windows Forms Application and uses Classes (though not extensively yet)

  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, DSplayer said:

Is DirectX 12 still not supported as of October 7th, 2017?

 

nope

medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I kinda halted work on this since I'm caught up with C++ programming at Uni :(

Is there anyone still using or waiting for future updates and bug fixes. If so, I may be able to start this again soon though.

Edited by xHDx
medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, it's looking pretty nice, but the only question I've got it's just why game can't recognize dx version by it's own? It's now even need to know exact version because normally Windows knows this inforamtion by itself. I am wondering about technical side of this question, btw.

Thank you for you guides, but it smells like I am back in 1996 where people normally neaded to configure **** like irq's or even VESA VBE screen modes, praying to get it work :)

(edit: of course I understand sometimes developers can miss something, but well, we are dealing with something like crossplatform game, capable of working among several platformes like PS4, PC and even more)

Edited by BadFatRat
medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, BadFatRat said:

the only question I've got it's just why game can't recognize dx version by it's own?

 

it does... when the render is set to 'auto' (in the advanced settings of the launcher - and this is the default setting) it will automatically

use the 'best / highest available directx version'. thus on most systems (Win7/8/10 with a DX11 capable gpu) Dx11 will be chosen.

 

if the player is still running WinXP or the gpu (or driver) doesn't support DX11 the game will use DX9 (or DX9ex)...  though sometimes

the game runs better on a lower dx version than selected by the game or it's nice to have this drop back for troubleshooting purposes

and while the launcher itself still allows to change the versions, the option to do so has been (somewhat) hidden. that's when this tool

comes in ^^

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/28/2017 at 12:54 PM, BadFatRat said:

Well, it's looking pretty nice, but the only question I've got it's just why game can't recognize dx version by it's own? It's now even need to know exact version because normally Windows knows this inforamtion by itself. I am wondering about technical side of this question, btw.

Thank you for you guides, but it smells like I am back in 1996 where people normally neaded to configure **** like irq's or even VESA VBE screen modes, praying to get it work :)

(edit: of course I understand sometimes developers can miss something, but well, we are dealing with something like crossplatform game, capable of working among several platformes like PS4, PC and even more)

 

I created when Gaijin first decided to roll out this automatic system and take away players choice.

 

When it comes to players choice, I think it's important. Even if the system is already configured behind the scenes in accordance with their system, there is no solid confirmation of what exactly is being used. It is very vague, and i don't like this in systems. And so I thought why not give players the option again to pick what they like and see an evident outcome. It was also released to help those on older PC's, where the game was incorrectly detecting hardware and setting bad (inaccurate) options for their system, through the forcing of the renderer. Although this problem seems to have gone or at least, only cover a handfull of players, the app is there now for pure choice and seeing a direct effect of options provided :).

It also helped me develop my programming :D . I got really into it.

 

I hope this helps.

 

Edited by xHDx
medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated the original post concerning the DirectX9 removal. Fixed the bugs description as it appears I fixed the remaining missing features/bugs but didnt update the text.

 

Here's hoping we get Vulkan or DirectX12 next. I assume we will get DX12 since a port of a DX11 to DX12 takes a very short period of time. I know that moving from DX9 to DX12 is not possible, so this could be the reason DX9 was removed :) .

  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.