Pony51

Ship Introduction to WT list announcements and forum thread links

This 12 August 2016 the long promised player controlled ships where introduced.

Yes, this was a FULL ON, no $$$ spared event (right down to a real 40mm Bofors on stage).  Gaijin is really banking on this final expansion of WT and see if they can successfully integrate navy into this game.  It seems to be a more promoted expansion than the initial Armor portion of the game, and with no less than SEVEN ships, each far more complex model than any aircraft or tanks, this truly is a major investment in resources.

These are small ships designed for near shore, estuary and river combat, however can venture in deeper water provided its calm.

Because the goal is to integrate sea combat with land and air Gaijin had to start small and expand from there.  True combined arms combat is rarely done, difficult to achieve successful entertaining game play, and requires major expansion and variations in controlling a ship (due to many different weapon types, crew numbers, size, and other factors)

Here is the wrap-up of the event, with pictures of Men Magnets to admire. 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Couple of more announcements.

WALLPAPERS!  Awesomeness to fill your desktop with (where the seaplane ones? ;)

Recap of all the additions to WT in summer of 2016.

==========================================================================================

Ships introduced in August 2016 in order of presentation (first 2 simultaneously announced).  The full list on News page here.

USA:      PT-109, the Elco torpedo boat of President Kennedy Official Thread

USSR:  Project 1124 Riverine Official thread.

UK:       Fairmile D "Dog Boat" universal (gun/torpedo) boat

USSR:  Project 183 Bolshevik torpedo boat  

JP:        Type 11 PT-15 Japanese patrol torpedo topic

DE:       S-100 (45) S-boot (E-boat) German torpedo boat principal topic

USA:     PT-810 US PT boat principal thread

• Upvote 1

Post includes highlights of everything now.

Check out all the ships!

• Upvote 1

https://play.google.com/store/music/album/Gaijin_Entertainment_War_Thunder_Naval_Forces_Vol?id=Bndyysqblr4nicdkzh4i3w7n7bq

I guess this is something important. You can order the Naval battle soundtrack from 1. Dezember 2016  on.

this means around this time I guess.

medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Iron_physik said:

https://play.google.com/store/music/album/Gaijin_Entertainment_War_Thunder_Naval_Forces_Vol?id=Bndyysqblr4nicdkzh4i3w7n7bq

I guess this is something important. You can order the Naval battle soundtrack from 1. Dezember 2016  on.

this means around this time I guess.

Hmm very interesting.

Excellent detective work sir!

medal medal medal medal