VengefulChipmunk

Ship Tree Speculation

3 minutes ago, Umbriellan said:

You don't know if it will be even possible for cruisers to come (the DD will, it will be idiotic to reject them with their own arguments) - they are afraid of the biggest ship and you're asking for both "big & fantasy" ...

If that;s how you want to put it then yes, I want big and fantasy (and since they existed in Blueprint form, they are technically not fantasy).

medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 minute ago, SqnLdrAhsokaTano said:

If that;s how you want to put it then yes, I want big and fantasy (and since they existed in Blueprint form, they are technically not fantasy).

And a few of those even began construction, such as the 9 16" version of the Lion.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

In your exemple: it's irrealistic to talk about Montana vs Bismarck, because the Montana was specificaly made to fight the King of the Sea " Yamato ". A mission " USN vs IJN " using their monster should be fun.

Problem 1) if those giants are only allowed in certian missions you will have a flood of threads about more of those missions

2) i'm expecting stuff like "battle of the atlantic" things for RB where than the RN and THe USN will face off VS The Kriegsmarine... withotu japanese support... so if the hgihest German BB will be the H-39... and that will be put VS the highest USN and RN bbs... and if one of those is the Montana (since GAijin doesnt want 1) and we also didnt have that when The IS-4was clubbing the heck out of Tiger IIs in 2014 etc.) have fun

3) i'm also expecting stuff in arcade where it might end up with... funny player distribution

germany will need to go atleast to the H41, H42 being even more likely to compete... just as britain will need atleast one of the lion class plans

+ asking to a compagny proud of itself about "realism" to insert "pure fantasy" will gain only "facepalm".

that train drove off LOOOOONG ago...

medal medal medal

14 minutes ago, SqnLdrAhsokaTano said:

Luckily Germany has enough carrier designs for all 5 tiers, but that's it. Nothing to spread them around the BR's. Russia in terms of Carriers I think are in a more sorry state than their battleships.

That's why you have substitutes, instead of CVs and Battleships they had a superior frontline aviation planes, Ilyushins and Peshkas. Not to mention that in most scenarios happened in the Baltic and Black seas in the span from 1939 to 1945. Thier fleet consisted of Cruisers, Destroyers, Submarines, fast attack craft and patrol boats. Adding maps where these battles took place will substitute the power that the Soviet navy had little back then.

Heck, some maps like Sevastopol (the last battle until the Germans overran it) had coastal artillery, battleships turrets from decommissioned World War 1 ships.

medal medal

3 minutes ago, SqnLdrAhsokaTano said:

I'm going to keep with the idea of the 12x16" Lions, seems interesting assuming they actually exist in design.

yea that's what I am trying to find out I did find one drawing but it is listed as being the authors own.

KGV_Lion_Alt.jpg

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj8m8XVoL_OAhXBshQKHRhtAloQjB0IBg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wolfsshipyard.com%2FMisc%2FNeverWeres%2Froyal.htm&psig=AFQjCNESR_dJxGYW5SrXRUTdr3T7_xEBtA&ust=1471207366129083

medal medal medal medal

2 minutes ago, RohmMohc said:

Problem 1) if those giants are only allowed in certian missions you will have a flood of threads about more of those missions

2) i'm expecting stuff like "battle of the atlantic" things for RB where than the RN and THe USN will face off VS The Kriegsmarine... withotu japanese support... so if the hgihest German BB will be the H-39... and that will be put VS the highest USN and RN bbs... and if one of those is the Montana (since GAijin doesnt want 1) and we also didnt have that when The IS-4was clubbing the heck out of Tiger IIs in 2014 etc.) have fun

3) i'm also expecting stuff in arcade where it might end up with... funny player distribution

I was talking about " Yamata [bot] vs Iowa [bot] " + the player teams

4 minutes ago, SqnLdrAhsokaTano said:

Okay, give the two Alsace (4x turrets of 4x 380mm guns & the 4x turrets of 3x 406mm) and I'll be okay.

Then you will be able to delete the lighter ships from the playable-selection as they will never be played again.

medal medal medal

1 minute ago, Umbriellan said:

Okay, give the two Alsace (4x turrets of 4x 380mm guns & the 4x turrets of 3x 406mm) and I'll be okay.

Then you will be able to delete the lighter ships from the playable-selection as they will never be played again.

Assuming this game will be done properly, the Light ships would still be useful, espiecally with massed DD Squadrons and Torpedoes.

9 minutes ago, SqnLdrAhsokaTano said:

They never said that. Read the Q&A again please.

" large ship battles [...] last from several hours to several days. In War Thunder [...] it is not possible to change the size of the ships or make time run faster, as everything needs to remain consistent. "

" Our internal testing showed that battles with large battleships would be too long and boring, or required design changes that made ships entirely unrealistic. For this reason, we are focusing on fast attack-based craft "

" boats of all 5 ranks "

" Larger vessels, while not available for control by players "

How about you go and read it again?

1 minute ago, kamuka said:

" large ship battles [...] last from several hours to several days. In War Thunder [...] it is not possible to change the size of the ships or make time run faster, as everything needs to remain consistent. "

" Our internal testing showed that battles with large battleships would be too long and boring, or required design changes that made ships entirely unrealistic. For this reason, we are focusing on fast attack-based craft "

" boats of all 5 ranks "

" Larger vessels, while not available for control by players "

How about you go and read it again?

How about you stop cherry picking and read the full Q&A.

Infact, I'll help you by bolding the section that this thread is made from:

Larger vessels, while not available for control by players, but will be presented under the control of AI in some game modes. One of the main tasks of combat torpedo boats will be the destruction of larger ships. Player-controlled destroyers and other large ships may appear later, in other gamemodes, it will be decided based on results of closed beta.

Edited by SqnLdrAhsokaTano

2 minutes ago, Umbriellan said:

yeah screw over japanese fans and US fans that want their big ones... like saying "Bismarck bot"... as it's currently... it wouldnt change mcuh of what we have given now...

medal medal medal

13 minutes ago, Umbriellan said:

As said the headquarter : there will be an evolution in the available gameplay -

fast-boat > light ship > medium ship > big ship

You don't know if it will be even possible for cruisers to come (the DD will, it will be idiotic to reject them with their own arguments) - they are afraid of the biggest ship and you're asking for both "big & fantasy" ...

Even destroyers are only a 'maybe' for the moment, and not necessarily in default game mode at that.

"Player-controlled destroyers and other large ships may appear later, in other gamemodes, it will be decided based on results of closed beta."

2 minutes ago, Umbriellan said:

Keep in mind that when it comes to capital ships Gaijin will likely do what they did with bombers and put a hard cap on the number per match, meaning that the smaller ships will be available in much higher quantities per match.

1 minute ago, tizianenel said:

Even destroyers are only a 'maybe' for the moment, and not necessarily in default game mode at that.

"Player-controlled destroyers and other large ships may appear later, in other gamemodes, it will be decided based on results of closed beta."

These other gamemodes probably would be based on much bigger maps than what these little PT and river boats will be on, if that is the case than I would gladly play them.

medal medal medal

Santa Claus also "may appear later".

:santa: 

anyway I am kind of hoping we do see large ships :D

Edited by Ghost_Rider12
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal

8 minutes ago, Ghost_Rider12 said:

:santa: 

anyway I am kind of hoping we do see large ships :D

Well, so do I, but it is extremely unrealistic at this moment. They clearly want boats brawling at 500m and not ships slugging it out at 10km, and Gaijin doesn't tend to change their minds, just because the players want something. Comparing your favorite BBs is not going to bring them into the game, so how about discussing crafts that actually have a decent chance of seeing the game?

Like this

Jaguar_-_Dommel.jpg

Two 3" autocannons is probably about the most pewpew we are going to get from boats.

Well, so do I, but it is extremely unrealistic at this moment. They clearly want boats brawling at 500m and not ships slugging it out at 10km, and Gaijin doesn't tend to change their minds, just because the players want something. Comparing your favorite BBs is not going to bring them into the game, so how about discussing crafts that actually have a decent chance of seeing the game?

Like this

Jaguar_-_Dommel.jpg

Two 3" autocannons is probably about the most pewpew we are going to get from boats.

Not big enough. Try this on for size.

013232.jpg

USS Wyoming with 6x2 12" guns.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, kamuka said:

Like this

Jaguar_-_Dommel.jpg

if we get DDs... germany had some with 15cm guns... most DDs had guns of 10cm and bigger

Just now, SqnLdrAhsokaTano said:

013232.jpg

with bad angles if we get a meta like in WOWS... eh... if we get bbs i hope we can actually go broadside and crossing the T is advantageous instead of a disadvantge..

medal medal medal

4 minutes ago, SqnLdrAhsokaTano said:

013232.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kübler-Ross_model

Tell me, when you get out of the denial phase.

1 minute ago, RohmMohc said:

if we get DDs... germany had some with 15cm guns... most DDs had guns of 10cm and bigger

That's not a DD. DDs are ships and therefore won't be in the game. It's a german post war FAC.

4 minutes ago, kamuka said:

That's like accepting their "decision" and letting them know that boats are enough... Honestly it's good people are coming up with their suggestions etc so Gaijin can see what majority of the community actually wants. If they care at all for their game's success, they should listen to community too.

• Upvote 1
medal medal

Just now, kamuka said:

That's not a DD. DDs are ships and therefore won't be in the game. It's a german post war FAC.

Gaijin said that MAYBE we will get DDs... therefore i mentioned: IF WE GET DDs we can go up to 15cm... otherwise i wont touch the world of boats part of the game btw

medal medal medal

8 minutes ago, kamuka said:

Like this

Jaguar_-_Dommel.jpg

If the dev's still want their game to succeed they should listen to the community.

Just now, Dex4Sure said:

That's like accepting their "decision" and letting them know that boats are enough... Honestly it's good people are coming up with their suggestions etc so Gaijin can see what majority of the community actually wants. If they care at all for their game's success, they should listen to community too.

yep the fact of the matter is that if people want large ships then ultimately the dev's will have to find a way to make it work.

medal medal medal medal

Just now, Dex4Sure said:

Supposedly Gaijin strictly said no to stuff like the Maus, but they still added them.

I think Gaijin will do it, because they got ALOT of heat from the community, there's also alot of money to be made, and it's just cool, which will bring more players in.

medal medal

12 minutes ago, kamuka said:

Like this

Jaguar_-_Dommel.jpg

I think you are the most pessimistic person I have seen on this issue so far. You act like a decree from God has come down and told the world that ships larger than Gunboats won't happen no matter what and everyone should just stop trying. Calm down, it is nowhere near as set in stone as you make it out to be.

Edited by Mercedes4321
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal

Just now, Dex4Sure said:

1- did you play the naval-game as it is yet ?

2- do you know how many little ship there is ?

3- do you know that 3/4 of the naval battle were using these little ships ?

4- will you ever accept to play the little cheep when everyone will take his Yamato (equiped with only 105 guns able to shoot you on his side - all able to OS you, some able to splash damage you enough to still be OSed) ?

medal medal medal