VengefulChipmunk

Ship Tree Speculation

525 posts in this topic

On 8/13/2016 at 2:29 PM, fufubear said:

Personally I think that we should stray away completely from historical tiering. Even the best dd in 1945 could still be dominated by an older BB 

 

And a single bomber could cripple, even destroy, the best BB

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Pony51 said:

 

And a single bomber could cripple, even destroy, the best BB

No multiple dive and torpedo bomber squadrons can destroy one not a single lone bomber.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Byebye360 said:

No multiple dive and torpedo bomber squadrons can destroy one not a single lone bomber.

Well in game we will have the bonus of not fearing death, greater accuracy, ability rearm, Respawns and simply being able to always know where the ships are, feasibly 1 should be enough to cripple a larger ship, only took 1 lucky hit (and some blind luck)  to blow the Arizona away did it not?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, the_suztown said:

Well in game we will have the bonus of not fearing death, greater accuracy, ability rearm, Respawns and simply being able to always know where the ships are, feasibly 1 should be enough to cripple a larger ship, only took 1 lucky hit (and some blind luck)  to blow the Arizona away did it not?

Nope Arizona took 4 hits.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lord_of_Sofa said:

To sink or in total? 

2 out of 4 hits did damage the second found its way into the captain's pantry and started a fire and the fourth is believed to have been what detonated the magazine, although the third hit right next to a 5 inch gun turret and the first some how got into the torpedo bulkhead.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Byebye360 said:

2 out of 4 hits did damage the second found its way into the captain's pantry and started a fire and the fourth is believed to have been what detonated the magazine, although the third hit right next to a 5 inch gun turret and the first some how got into the torpedo bulkhead.

And there in lays my point, yes Arizona took multiple hits but it only took 1 to make the ship sink (or in other cases serious damage) player controlled planes have much higher accuracy than real life pilots, so critical hits would be much more frequent 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, the_suztown said:

And there in lays my point, yes Arizona took multiple hits but it only took 1 to make the ship sink (or in other cases serious damage) player controlled planes have much higher accuracy than real life pilots, so critical hits would be much more frequent 

Like the fact tier 5 us tanks can be killed through he mantlet by AA guns and the long 75 armed Pz4.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Byebye360 said:

Like the fact tier 5 us tanks can be killed through he mantlet by AA guns and the long 75 armed Pz4.

Basically, even though thats more dpwn to the bad armour modelling on the tanks in question.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep in mind it took over 400 planes to sink "the best BB" 

 

A single bomber could maybe sink a BB with a ton of luck and skill, but it's rare. 

Only one I can think of is HMS Prince of Wales essentially being crippled by a single torpedo, but even then it was from the efforts of over 80 aircraft.

A single, lone flying bomber hasn't a chance in hell.  

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All russian vessels found in the files. Techtree based on guesswork.

  Motor Torpedo Boat   Motor Gun Boat   Premium
I
         
    Ya 5    
G5   BMO    
    OD 200    
    MO-4    
         
II
         
         
D3   Project 191    
    Project 191m    
    Project 1124   Elco 80ft
    Project 1124 ack   Project 1124 rak
III
         
    Project 1124 art    
    MBK 161 1943    
    MBK 161 1944    
         
         
IV
    MKL 186    
    MKL 186 mk85    
         
         
         
         
V
         
Project 183        
    Project 122bis    
         
         
         
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lord_of_Sofa said:

All russian vessels found in the files. Techtree based on guesswork.

 

  Motor Torpedo Boat   Motor Gun Boat   Premium
I
         
    Ya 5    
G5   BMO    
    OD 200    
    MO-4    
         
II
         
         
D3   Project 191    
    Project 191m    
    Project 1124   Elco 80ft
    Project 1124 ack   Project 1124 rak
III
         
    Project 1124 art    
    MBK 161 1943    
    MBK 161 1944    
         
         
IV
    MKL 186    
    MKL 186 mk85    
         
         
         
         
V
         
Project 183        
    Project 122bis    
         
         
         

Which version of Project 122Bis?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, WulfPack said:

Which version of Project 122Bis?

The bis version apparently. The only details I know at the moment is that it is armed with:

1x 85mm

6x 12.7mm

2x 37mm

12x "dive_bomb_ussr_pr_183"

2x "depth_charge_ussr_bb1_mortar"

8x "bomb_ussr_rbm"

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found some interesting leaks in Polish Sub-forums. Founded by Tivoru:

1481460985-av-scrn049.jpg

MPK 122 Bis (USSR) 1x 85mm, 6x 12.7mm, 2x 37mm, 12x "dive_bomb_ussr_pr_183", 2x "depth_charge_ussr_bb1_mortar", 8x "bomb_ussr_rbm"

1481460991-av-scrn051.jpg

MZ 1 (Germany) 2x 88mm, 1x 37mm, 8x 20mm, 2 torpedo tubes, 6 depth charges

1481460994-av-scrn052.jpg

Cargo Ship Liberty (USA) 8 x 20mm Oerlikon mk v twin mounts

 

Edit: also my small note here, this 3 ships looks a way bigger than this Torpedo boats and Gun Motor Boats that we've already seen.

Edited by Zaxu_
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Zaxu_ said:

Edit: also my small note here, this 3 ships looks a way bigger than this Torpedo boats and Gun Motor Boats that we've already seen.

They are still gunboats though (Apart from the Liberty Class) 

Even if these are large boats, they still aren't anything close to destroyers even. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The largest I can see ships getting is cruisers, anything past that would result in the games lasting for hours.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Necro_Vin said:

The largest I can see ships getting is cruisers, anything past that would result in the games lasting for hours.

Light or Heavy? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2016 at 11:34 AM, the_suztown said:

Well in game we will have the bonus of not fearing death, greater accuracy, ability rearm, Respawns and simply being able to always know where the ships are, feasibly 1 should be enough to cripple a larger ship, only took 1 lucky hit (and some blind luck)  to blow the Arizona away did it not?

Due keep in mind that was due to thin Deck armor.

 

Something -many- warships built in the 30s-40s will not suffer from

 

It took over a dozen Armor piercing bomb hits and over 10 torpedoes to sink a Yamato-class, and that's -with- a flawed Torpedo defense system.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sakuzhi said:

Due keep in mind that was due to thin Deck armor.

 

Something -many- warships built in the 30s-40s will not suffer from

 

It took over a dozen Armor piercing bomb hits and over 10 torpedoes to sink a Yamato-class, and that's -with- a flawed Torpedo defense system.

But it took only two hits with AP bombs to sink the "Roma", which was neither old nor thin skinned.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Lord_of_Sofa said:

But it took only two hits with AP bombs to sink the "Roma", which was neither old nor thin skinned.

 

Rome was not destroyed by normal AP bomb. Fritz X was a very specialized weapon

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TAZmann said:

 

Rome was not destroyed by normal AP bomb. Fritz X was a very specialized weapon

Not in terms of penetration and explosives. It is just the guided version of a plain old SD 1400.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2016 at 0:21 PM, WulfPack said:

Light or Heavy? 

Neither, just Cruisers in general.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Lord_of_Sofa said:

Not in terms of penetration and explosives. It is just the guided version of a plain old SD 1400.

You can get better penetration with it though. 

With a dive bomber, you have to drop it from roughly 3,000m to get the maximum penetration, but at that height you've got a very small chance of actually hitting, so most pilots would drop it much lower. 

With the Fritz X, you're dropping it from 4,000-5,000m and can still be very accurate with it, so you're getting the maximum penetration, and you can hit vulnerable areas more reliably. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

still I do not understand as will be finally look like Naval tree. USA Today has about 50 tanks and about 80 aircraft. Even Japanese tank tree will be around 30 tanks. Naval tree must therefore have same number of machines. boats on the first rank should not be able to destroy the machines at the fifth rank. I can not imagine what are 30 units can create a full-fledged Naval tree when using only boats. (sorry for my english)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.