zerbah

[eSport] Tournament Service tss.warthunder.com - FAQ

I just lost a tournament because the other players aircraft didn't render, only pilot and seat! This is a known problem and now I have been denied a fair chance at prizes because of this known bug which seems will never get fixed. Very upset because of this!

http://tss.warthunder.com/index.php?action=tournament&id=5473

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 28/10/2018 at 18:49, viski253 said:

i was just wondering how do i get the prize pool?

Well, you get prizes when you get a certain place in the tournament. Each tournament has a prize tab, visible when you press info > prizes.

medal medal medal

I have not understood whether one, in a tournament, needs to participate in ALL rounds or just one round per stage. Could someone answer this question? Thank you.

medal medal

PS4 player here

I'm waiting in the "My Tournaments" tab and it's labeled "LIVE".

Also I'm waiting in my garage too and have not received an invite.

Clearly I don't understand the process and read it all over multiple times. 

Am I missing something or doing something wrong? 

medal medal medal

There is a problem with the invites at the moment. The SOLO tournaments have been paused for now. See:

Well, I got kicked out because of this, yesterday I didnt got an invite, today I cant join.

GG.PNG

20181106184628_1.jpg

medal medal medal medal

Hello, I just had my second battle in the 1v1 RB ground tournament, or atleast i was supposed to. i waited in the lobby on my own for 15 minutes and waited there, figured my opponent would show up, we would ready up and play the match. what actually happened tho was when i checked in 10 secodns ahead of time my opponent still wasn't there and after those 10 seconds ran out i got kicked back to the menu. Now in the results it says that we both played 2 matches and we each only got 1 point for it, which sucks. Why did this happen? i was there so i shouldn't have only gotten 1 point right?
(My tournament team is WeedBoi)

Tournament.PNG

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Good evening.

I have some questions and I thought this is the only place where they fit/ are meaningful.

So my team and I participated in the Steel Legion 6x6 Event (sim), we sadly only archieved the 8th place. So about my questions: first there are no "places" shown next to the prizes, this goes for many tournaments at the time, I know that you can check the rules to aprove what place gets what prize. But is this wanted or a bug. (Im sorry if this has been answeared somewhere already). The next thing is regarding the Event itself, as fasr as I know the last events for the E100, (5v5 and higher) awarded the first 8 places with a E-100/He162 A-1 (for example 5x5 Victory).  Why has this number been reduced to 5, reducing the number of teams beeing able to win the "grand" prize from 16 to 6, while still having 128 maximum Teams. This makes it very hard for "random" Teams to get any prize. Furthermore its harder to compete against "Pro" Teams (pro standing for professional in the sense of well practiced Teams used to play tournaments together). Said Teams are even capable of playing servereal Tournaments at the same day, thus increasing their chance of succes even more. It is even common to see the same Teams with sometimes only 2-3 different players winning or succeeding at more than one Tournament. So to sum it all up, this is not some sort of cry for justice, I would only like to know if the chance for hobby players (with no E-sporty in mind) will be increased beyond 4.6% (6 out of 128) to win such a unique Prize as the E-100.

• So why was the amount of Teams (winning) Reduced?
  • Will there be something done against Teams winning more than one Main Prize (multiple tournaments).
  • Will people who already aquired given Prize be skipped?
  • Will the Chance for avarage Players be increased to win?

Thank you very much for reading my comment, I am a big fan of Tournaments in this Game and I hope this may improve the meta to get more people to play tournaments, facing the same teams over and over again is not as fun as it sounds. In this regards, have a nice evening and may the force err Golden Eagles be with you! :salute:

Edited by CubaforEver
Forget to sepcify a few things
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, CubaforEver said:

Good evening.

I have some questions and I thought this is the only place where they fit/ are meaningful.

So my team and I participated in the Steel Legion 6x6 Event (sim), we sadly only archieved the 8th place. So about my questions: first there are no "places" shown next to the prizes, this goes for many tournaments at the time, I know that you can check the rules to aprove what place gets what prize.

new version of tss is bugged, one of the few minor non important bugs are the ones like that and translation problems

as fasr as I know the last events for the E100, (5v5 and higher) awarded the first 8 places with a E-100/He162 A-1 (for example 5x5 Victory).  Why has this number been reduced to 5, reducing the number of teams beeing able to win the "grand" prize from 16 to 6, while still having 128 maximum Teams.

last tournaments awarded e100 directly to ones account, now you had cupons. five places now mean 144 cupons for ppl in team tournaments. compare that to 80 cupons for entire solo 1v1s. gaijin atm would like to keep e100 expensive as possible.

This makes it very hard for "random" Teams to get any prize.

correction, instead of random its impossible

Furthermore its harder to compete against "Pro" Teams (pro standing for professional in the sense of well practiced Teams used to play tournaments together). 

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/432118-esport-community-initiative/

if we had this, smaller tournaments would not interest us, but since these were the first tournaments in a while actually worth playing, we had to play.

Said Teams are even capable of playing servereal Tournaments at the same day, thus increasing their chance of succes even more. It is even common to see the same Teams with sometimes only 2-3 different players winning or succeeding at more than one Tournament.

said teams actually did play and get 2 or 3 cupons if they decided to play 2 or 3 tournaments. why? again, it was worth playing for.

So why was the amount of Teams (winning) Reduced?

Will there be something done against Teams winning more than one Main Prize (multiple tournaments).

Will people who already aquired given Prize be skipped?

Will the Chance for avarage Players be increased to win?

- gaijin doesnt want a lot of cupons floating around for a super duper mega giga exclusive 500+ gjn tank everyone wants

- i hope not, everyone who played won their prizes fair and square. 

- no

- if they let us have thunder league, there should be tournaments for "average" players, by average i mean regular bois and gals that wanna have fun in game, for different vehicles and maybe e100 again

I hope this may improve the meta to get more people to play tournaments, facing the same teams over and over again is not as fun as it sounds

belive it or not, esports is growing, however i belive if "pros" get their own thunder league, they wont bother with random tss stuff and regular players would have better chances of winning.

most of us play tss tournaments because its fun and we dont have a lot of things to do. we have a great community where its not uncommon for ppl from 4 different teams play together in one tournament. if you want you can always ask for ppl to play customs against. most ppl would like to help since any practice is good practise.

i know how hard it is to start and how hard its to play against expirienced ppl, thats why there should be more balanced vehicle line ups soon to avoid bugged/broken/op/... vehicles and hopefuly rb/sb modes without markers.

im sorry you didnt win but to sum up, expirienced tournament teams dont have their own tournaments that are rewarding like other games have ( the cartoon game that Ninja plays, CS:GO, dota, LoL ...) so when we have a tournament actually worth playing for we will play and we will try to win and that 4.6% chance of random teams winning is about 0.001% in practise. only way a random team can win is if they are blessed by RNG to have a bracket of also only random teams all the way up to winner bracket semi finals.

hopefully i made some things clearer.

p.s. i dont wanna be a jerk but i really didnt know how to say things in a nicer way so they arent missunderstood since i had those problems before.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

wheres the damn start button for the tournament???? i waited for a week and stayed up all night now its says live and i think i missed it

my eyes are burning

Edited by Schadenfreude511

44 minutes ago, kresch said:

Does anyone know why I dont see my next opponent or a timer under "my tournament"?

There should be the group stage 2 right now (EU RB Air 1x1) but I dont have a "join the lobby" button.

My 1st match yesterday worked perfectly.

I am waiting for mine 1 v 1 Tank AB EU had my invite yesterday none today maybe the update has caused problems :dntknw:

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

The next match/opponent and timer is not visible for SB 1 vs 1 solo tournament, however the bracket seems to have generated, I hope its working and there is no issue

Fixed now

Edited by Twisted
medal medal

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 13:30, *Thunder0010 said:

So no answer for my question or Kresch either sorry Esport you may want to upgrade customer support 

you expect a response from 1 staff member who has 3000 other things to do at the same time

medal medal medal medal

9. Where can I find the tournament rules?

To check out the tournament rules, press “DETAILS” on the tournament icon and a new page will open in your browser with detailed info. On this page, click on the “RULES”button.

Since 2 weeks ago, when I press "DETAILS" a new window is open, as always. But a blank one. I have done everything I think it  could help, as eliminate cache and navigation history, but it remains the same blank page.