GrayFox01

Are you buying John F. Kennedy’s PT-109 or Project 1124

Which boat to buy?   150 members have voted

1. 1. Which Boat will you buy

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

33 posts in this topic

finally ships are coming to War Thunder. Before I buy the started pack I wanted to see what everyone else is buying and why? I like the rocket idea, but sure like to get torpedoes as well.

not really interested in a fleet. so i would rather waste that money on talismans for planes and tanks.

Love the history of the PT Boats!! Gonna get and comes with CBT and 3000 GEs.Will there be other models of the USN PT boats with extra .50 & .30 cals, 37mm Anti Tank gun, 37mm Auto Cannon and the 40mm Bofors!? Love it! Hope the beta goes well so we can see larger ships in the future!!

i'm broke but i'd probably buy the PT-109 pack due to historicity and that quartet of torpedoes.

P-1124 is also cool as hell but with how unwieldy unguided missiles and rockets are to begin with, i think the T-34 turret is what's going to do the bulk of it's damage dealing. can anyone tell what particular version of the turret Project 1124 has?

6 hours ago, GrayFox01 said:

finally ships are coming to War Thunder. Before I buy the started pack I wanted to see what everyone else is buying and why? I like the rocket idea, but sure like to get torpedoes as well.

I like the Project 1124, 'cause it's cheaper and looks just as deadly with that T-34 turret. I'm not that skilled with rockets, though. Maybe I can "get good."

16 hours ago, Cyrant said:

I'm concerned about the opponents being lopsided. While rocket artillery and guns are great to combat PT boats, torpedos are even unsuited to attack them in reality.

It's a sad story that the naval chapter has to open with something like this really. Who would have thought the soviets in this game need to be potentially op even in naval...

So, now this right from the start; makes my wonder how deep this pit will get.

nonsense- its 2 very different ships for 2 very different purposes, they will not be the only things facing off against eachother. i bet american ships, and maybe other nation ships will provide a good opponent against the project 1124.

I got the PT-109, the P-1124 is useless in the open sea b/c waves. The PT-109 has rapid fire guns so it will be easier to hit the enemy, the 109 is also much faster and I want to grind the US tree, not the Russian one. 

P-1124:

Pros: Some armor/SEA-34 OP/76 will do a lot of damage/Rockets/Sits fairly low in the water

Cons: Slow/Rolls badly in waves or open sea*/No auto cannons/Only two rapid fire weapons/Rockets and T-34 gun are hard to aim unless there are absolutely no waves/Tall superstructure/No torpedoes

*It almost rolled over in the Twitch stream, and that was Arcade mode!

PT-109:

Pros: Fast/Rapid fire weapons/Torpedoes/Easy to control/Smaller target than P-1124

Cons: No armor except gun shields/Wooden hull

I went with the PT-109 after watching the battles online. The waves move the boat a lot. Think of hitting a target with a T34 turret while moving and going up and down waves. 

while im not a fan of the tiny boat wars gaijin wants , but  i did buy both because cbt packs =premium rare exclusives to never be bought again.

if only i had the money and knew the future i would have picked up the german sherman years ago.

Already bought the PT-109 pack, due to well being Murican.  But, I may also end up  buying the project 1124 pack, just to have both.

As far as getting into the CBT, I'm not expecting that to start till December anyway.  That's when they started the original Ground forces CBT, right after having an event to earn your way in around thanksgiving.  I'd also imagine the packs will go on sale again around black friday as well, just for them to make some extra cash off of them. 

Lol GG moderation, you hidden my post without even notification, just because I said I am not going to buy a 30$ boat pack. Good job guys. 

You know that if I press ctrl+F and type in my nick I can still see that post shoved in between Nomad_Gaming and Conraire? 

Whatever, time to switch to /warthunder.

Edited by juraleona

BigBawsBarabus (Posted )

1.1.5. Deliberately challenge moderation or administration, if you have issues or concerns with any actions taken please send a Private Message to Moderators, Senior Moderators, Lead Moderators or Community Managers/Administrators.

yes I bought the Russian one

gotta get front row seat on that trainwreck

Edited by II_RED_II

No way, first of all the price is way too high, and second, PT boats isn't what came to mind when I was all hyped about "navy".

they should tell what BR or rank, waht if they are like tier3? totaly not worth, If they combine ship+tank+air, better buy talisman and farm lions with ur premium tanks.

I'm wondering if the torpedoes on the 109 will be useful at all in dealing with these small boats.  I see them as more hitting larger ship targets and the guns for everything else. For that reason I'm looking hard at getting the Russian boat. 

Edited by EliasSims

On 9/30/2016 at 7:49 PM, EliasSims said:

I'm wondering if the torpedoes on the 109 will be useful at all in dealing with these small boats.  I see them as more hitting larger ship targets and the guns for everything else. For that reason I'm looking hard at getting the Russian boat. 

Erm yes some modes we would have the AI cruiser and capital ships we can attack as targets. But ALSO some of the playable crafts are not "small" at least compared to an ELCO boat like PT-109.

Edited by Vakr

Project 1124 for me.   Sure the PT-109 is a better boat,  but I get premiums for their fun value,  not their viability in combat.   And the 1124 is probably going to be fun to play,  with a Katusha strapped on to the back,  and a T-34 cannon as its primary weapon.