Silavite

ID: 0046657 9/08/16 P-47N ammo count

Recommended Posts

The datasheet for the P-47N lists two loaded weights: 17,228 lbs and 16,330 lbs.

 

The prior weight is assumed to be sourced from the May, 1950 F-47N SAC as the "Combat" weight as listed on page 3. The latter weight is assumed to be sourced from the Fuel, Oil Capacities, Armament, and Weights.

 

The issue lies in the fact that the P-47N in War Thunder is shown as having 3,400 rounds of ammunition, or 425 rounds per gun, with 8 .50 caliber machine guns.

shot 2016.08.05 23.30.39.jpg

The SAC lists the P-47N as having 4,000 rounds of ammunition total with 8 .50 caliber machine guns (500 rounds per gun) at a weight of 17,228 lbs. The Fuel, Oil Capacities, Armament, and Weights page lists the P-47N as having 1,602 rounds of ammunition total with 6 .50 caliber machine guns (267 rounds per gun) at 16,330 lbs when in normal condition, and 1,864 rounds of ammunition total (233 rounds per gun) in an overload configuration with 8 .50 caliber machine guns. Weight in overload condition is estimated to be 16,518 lbs using a weight of 61 lbs for the AN/M2 machine gun, and 0.25 lbs for a round of .50 caliber ammunition.

 

Currently, the P-47N in War Thunder matches none of the sources regarding the total amount of ammunition relative to the to weight of the aircraft. The simplest and quickest solution would be to add 600 rounds of ammunition to the P-47N in order to match the configuration outlined in the SAC. It would also be prudent, if possible, to allow alternate gun configurations for 6 guns with 267 rounds each and 8 guns with 233 rounds each with their respective weights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi.

 

Can you please add a .clog as well ? That is also part of the data bug report.

 

I do agree that there is a discrepancy between expected and listed ammunition.

 

However, the manual states that the max rounds is 4000, but a usual mission is with the said 267-233 rpg setting. http://www.avialogs.com/viewer/avialogs-documentviewer.php?id=4208 page 57 / 11 of the PDF.

 

Anyway, with the .clog, I'll be able to raise the ammo count issue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SAC lists basic configuration 12.600 lb.

 

Basic config is with pilot, guns and all liquids besides fuel included.

 

In WT they used Basic weight as Empty weight and added all the stuff on top of it.

 

Weight on the P47N should be reviewed and corrected. Regardless if they pick a 4000 ammo load or anything else, it is incorrect.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rapitor said:

Hi.

 

Can you please add a .clog as well ? That is also part of the data bug report.

 

I do agree that there is a discrepancy between expected and listed ammunition.

 

However, the manual states that the max rounds is 4000, but a usual mission is with the said 267-233 rpg setting. http://www.avialogs.com/viewer/avialogs-documentviewer.php?id=4208 page 57 / 11 of the PDF.

 

Anyway, with the .clog, I'll be able to raise the ammo count issue

Fair enough, I just figured that 500 rpg would be a preferable configuration for now as the aircraft in War Thunder (to my knowledge) currently has a flight model in accordance with an ammunition weight of 500 rpg; ergo, the only change required on part of Gaijin would be changing the total ammunition from 3,400 to 4,000. That is something that could be done quickly in a hotfix. I would like to see the lighter armament options available in War Thunder, but those configurations would require the flight model of the P-47N to be modified, which seems like it would be a change that would only come with a major patch.

 

As for the .clog, here it is. I wish you luck!

2016_08_07_12_51_51__7620.clog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ThatRedDot said:

SAC lists basic configuration 12.600 lb.

 

Basic config is with pilot, guns and all liquids besides fuel included.

 

In WT they used Basic weight as Empty weight and added all the stuff on top of it.

 

Weight on the P47N should be reviewed and corrected. Regardless if they pick a 4000 ammo load or anything else, it is incorrect.

 

Nothing (weight wise) will be corrected without proof that it is incorrect.

 

In addition, my definition of the basic weight is ambiguous:

Basic Empty Weight (BEW) is the weight of the aircraft "as built" and includes the weight of the structure, power plant, furnishings, installations, systems and other equipment that are considered an integral part of an aircraft before additional operator items are added for operation.

It can be subject to interpretation, and without backup of your claims, once again, nothing is to be considered as incorrect.

 

I read the SAC sheets, and I don't remember reading your definition of Basic weight in the sheet. (Feel free to prove me wrong).

 

2 hours ago, Silavite said:

Fair enough, I just figured that 500 rpg would be a preferable configuration for now as the aircraft in War Thunder (to my knowledge) currently has a flight model in accordance with an ammunition weight of 500 rpg; ergo, the only change required on part of Gaijin would be changing the total ammunition from 3,400 to 4,000. That is something that could be done quickly in a hotfix. I would like to see the lighter armament options available in War Thunder, but those configurations would require the flight model of the P-47N to be modified, which seems like it would be a change that would only come with a major patch.

 

As for the .clog, here it is. I wish you luck!

2016_08_07_12_51_51__7620.clog

P-47N weight seems to be a controversial subject right now, and I am currently trying to gather as many intel as possible (performance / mass wise) in order to clear that up with devs.

 

Mass, performance and ammo count are all quite in a grey area to me right now, and I am going to clear that out.

 

Thanks for the .clog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your Bug Report is submitted and a Bug ID has been assigned: 0046657

 

The bug report is about the erroneous ammo count of the P-47N, being currently 3400 rounds.

 

This thread will remain unlocked for 7 days in order to allow anyone with information / evidence / examples to post them.

It will also serve as a place where the developers may post questions for you to answer, so please keep up to date here.

 

Thank you for helping us improving the game.

 

Sincerely,

Rapitor, for the ™ team

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.