Stona

Updated Combined Simulator Battles

2 hours ago, IceDeath said:

Oh noes, muh poor Centurion Mk.10

Muh poor Cent Mk.10.wrpl

Oh please, have you ever shot at the Mk. 10?  It can't take a shot like ALL of the other tanks in the Soviet lineup.

12 hours ago, Althix said:

modules grind is your personal problem as a player, it has nothing to do with overall balance. "given" ordnance of il-28 is 100kg bombs in case you forget or didn't know. starting ordnance of b-57 is 9x500lbs. that is 38kgs of tnt vs 118kgs.

and please do not compare il-2 with spitfires, typhoons, tempests, thunderbolts, bearcats or even me410, not to forget a wyvern. il-2 is inferior to all of these aircrafts for cas purposes. and you want to put il-2 with its 4 rockets and 2x100kgs bombs in the same line with AD-2? for real?

as for your remark about 75% of soviet aircrafts happened to be il28, well spoiler alert for you, it is becase il-28 is the only tier 5 cas capable plane for soviets. shocking is it not?

i thought IceDeath explained situation rather clear, or you need some pictures?

p.s. ah yes "RU fanboys" are preferring US tech tree.

IL-10, not the IL-2, and it's a good ground attack aircraft, as is the AD-2, again, most of the people with it, don't have all of the ordnance; as for your assertion about modules grind.  You and Gaijin are so wrong on that account.  Take a look at the M-47, it is absolutely useless at 7.3 until you get a tier IV mod.....

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

if people don't have "all of the ordnance" it is their problem.

can you even understand the simple truth that 4 rockets and 2x100 kgs bombs =/= 12 rockets, 1x2000lb and 2x1000lb bombs? 12 hvars, Carl. that's 6 tanks on rockets alone for a single flight out. can you do that with il-10? don't answer on the last one.

oh yes funny stuff. default loadout of AD-2? it has 12 hvars as "given ordnance", 6 tank kills in a stock. minimum.

common sense is so rare it should be a superpower.

Edited by Althix
medal medal medal

57 minutes ago, Snake509 said:

Oh please, have you ever shot at the Mk. 10?  It can't take a shot like ALL of the other tanks in the Soviet lineup.

IL-10, not the IL-2, and it's a good ground attack aircraft, as is the AD-2, again, most of the people with it, don't have all of the ordnance; as for your assertion about modules grind.  You and Gaijin are so wrong on that account.  Take a look at the M-47, it is absolutely useless at 7.3 until you get a tier IV mod.....

And here I was thinking that attaching a REPLAY FILE would answer any questions, I guess not. Yes I shot at Cent Mk.10, in fact I`m pretty sure that by this point I`ve got to shoot at each tank in game at least several times, the problem is that most of the time you wont have time to shoot Cent because it will shoot you back first with severe damage done most likely and with 7 sec reload that second shot is not far away. 

IL-10 is a good ground attack aircraft ? Only in real life where it`s targets were mostly non armored or lightly armored, in this game 4x rockets + 4x 100kg (these do pretty much nothing, to the point that you might as well use only rockets) is nothing compared to 12x rockets + 2x 1000lbs + 1x 2000lbs.

Since it seems you have trouble understanding the concept, I will try to put it in perspective.

If you fly IL-10 and you are VERY good you can make in 1 flight about 2 kills on average (because not always tank blow up when hit by rockets) and that is a VERY GENEROUS considering that 100kg can do nothing to the tank even landing right next to it (realistically you need to put them under enemy tank, not easy or even always possible).

In AD-2 if you are somewhat decent you can get 4-5 kills on average and that is considering that you take 2 tanks with bombs and 2-3 more with 12 rockets (honestly I usually calculate 4x rockets per tank). 

How on earth can you say they are both "good" ? One is pretty OP and other is utter garbage. 

Nobody cares about module grind because even if it would have taken MONTHS to fully unlock 1 top vehicle (and it does not, 2-3 days on average and 4-5 in case you get something as bad as M47\Hanomag) you would still have them unlocked at some point, as it stands you can spend couple of hours in air RB and unlock the first decent bomb load that you can really use, or you can just grind you way in GF RB with M47 (I did with M46, yes it was not a good experience, but nothing critical) by just caping points at first (so you get some RP at least) and in those battles when you are a top tier tank.

medal medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, Althix said:

if people don't have "all of the ordnance" it is their problem.

can you even understand the simple truth that 4 rockets and 2x100 kgs bombs =/= 12 rockets, 1x2000lb and 2x1000lb bombs? 12 hvars, Carl. that's 6 tanks on rockets alone for a single flight out. can you do that with il-10? don't answer on the last one.

oh yes funny stuff. default loadout of AD-2? it has 12 hvars as "given ordnance", 6 tank kills in a stock. minimum.

common sense is so rare it should be a superpower.

And what could the soviets possibly use to counter the AD-2?  Oh wait, Migs, IL-28, ANY of the 12.7+ mg's on the late soviet tanks, not to mention the ZSU....it's slow as all hell and not hard to kill.....

il-10 is not a super jet as well. which can be countered by anything that flies for nato forces, and these nato planes also carry a lot of better ordnance than that "super" attacker of yours, il-10, or any other top tier soviet planes or all of them combined.

do you have some other "strong" arguments or we are done here?

Edited by Althix
medal medal medal

4 hours ago, Althix said:

il-10 is not a super jet as well. which can be countered by anything that flies for nato forces, and these nato planes also carry a lot of better ordnance than that "super" attacker of yours, il-10, or any other top tier soviet planes or all of them combined.

do you have some other "strong" arguments or we are done here?

Whatever dude, that's my argument, just because the Soviets weren't curbstomping every match in SB since the Leos and the M60 came out....now they give them a BS plane.....and leave out a perfect airplane for the time period.

On 7/29/2016 at 10:30 PM, Althix said:

on IL-28, he has to dodge Sabers, Hunters. good luck with that.

It doesn't, it just shoots them down.

I did not play a battle with Il-28 included yet, so I have no idea what effect it has. But I am imagining everyone is spamming it like crazy and they are decimating enemy planes like in EC5, hopefully it is not the case. Anyway, Russia really needed CAS plane in that event. Migs are uselles as CAS, compared to multiple Allied planes, which are able to carry ordnance.  Though you have to unlock it, which in SB takes ages. I am actually going to spend some GE on modules for the first time because of this. Il-10 as well as the whole Il-2 series is currently kinda meh, as their rockets are unreliable compared to other nation rockets, 100kg bombs are ineffective ever since splash damage was pretty much removed.

AD-2 should be added. It has great loadout, but it is super vulnerable to every fighter and AAA out there.

Btw, what do we think about the current lower BR event? Tigers and Panter D vs T-34-85 and 76W Shermans. I was surprised how one sided it usually was in favour of Germans, unless there were competent Allied CAS pilots or majority of Allied team composed of T-34-85.  

Edited by Lukas_SVK
medal medal

3 hours ago, Lukas_SVK said:

It doesn't, it just shoots them down.

you see, gf sb is not ec. bombing from a bombsight is kinda difficult, so all il-28 users have to use gunsights to drop bombs as if il-28 is an attacker. meaning it flies on a very low altitude. now if i, with a mouse, can drop on it and kill it with a single burst from my saber, i am pretty sure guys with a joystick can do even better. i drop with a speed of 700km/h ai gunners can't react. i mean how dumb one should be, to tail il28, when there is a 23mm gun looking at me?

another thing. on a maps where il-28 have more or less freedom, we would just pick a Falcon. But that is we, random people would not most likely.

Anyway, you can't campare il-28's 4x500 with anything nato forces can carry on their planes.

Again - grinding for modules, i run year of premium and i use talismans as well. So as i mentioned before, modules unlock is a problem of a player and it has nothing to do with the overall balance.

and a current event. that's a Panther D event, and allied forces are kinda underdogs, however nothing unbalanced about it. For example Comet can pen Panther D UFP. T34-85 kinda ok, and for US tanks, that's a sideshots mostly should be used for tactics, because gun is rather nice, but chassis is already outdated.

p.s. in this event is use Comet with a Typhoon.

p.p.s. just noticed they added Firefly FR MkV. shame damn thing can't fly, but still it can carry 16xRP-3.

Edited by Althix
medal medal medal

to expand on Il-28. i just made several games with Falcon, guess how many Il-28 actually scored some kills by bombing? that's right - none of them.

i also made a flight out with my Meteor F Mk.8 G41K, i managed to kill a wing of Il-28, boomzooming on him. Not even once i was hit by Il-28's rear gunner.

now, downside of that is the simple fact that only Brits have top tier spaa, however this top tier event i consider as "work in progress" event, which will take completed form with 1.63.

let us not exaggerate capabilities of Il-28 in gf sb, it has to fly low and slow. which makes him a very vulnerable target.

Edited by Althix
medal medal medal

7 minutes ago, Snake509 said:

Just had two games in a row on Poland (break) where an IL-28 has been able to kill teammates before they've even reached the first point in light and medium tanks......THAT is a major problem.

In SB you should have 1 SPAA from the start always, what is the problem ? Do you think ThunderJet or Sabre would not kill tanks in same situation ? 

Edited by IceDeath

Last night I finally got to fly my Hunter for a bit with the Il-28 included in the line-up for the first time and didn't certainly find them game breaking or anything.

I think I only managed to get shot down by them 2 or 3 times by staying on their six for a bit too long. Properly executed attacks seem to work as expected. I saw some other (rather efficient) Hunter pilot down some of them while tailing them and surviving. Wonder how he did that because I certainly couldn't. Also wonder how effective .50 cals would be on them - last I remember they were pretty ineffective vs Russian Cold War jets. Gotta give it a go some time.

As for their bombing capability - no balance breaking spotted on my part either. Only once there were like 3 or 4 of them right from the start (together with some Migs too) and they completely **** my team on the ground but usually there are just a few of them struggling to get anything done. Considering how difficult ground attacking can be (IMHO anyway) and the fact that some of them are most likely RB gun shippers just looking for easy kills, that's hardly a surprise.

So all in all a very welcome addition, IMHO and I hope they are there to stay. Now please add the AD-2 as well (so my poor stock Mig-9 has something it can actually catch up to in that event... :016:).

Also, if anyone can teach me how to land the Hunter on those post stamp size airfields, please be my guest.

medal

On 28.07.2016 at 4:41 PM, DerGrafVonZahl said:

You don't want new Players to suck?

they suck, because it is their genetic code. it is their nature.

common ab rb scrubs in sb.wrpl

Edited by Althix

Auscam (Posted )

Please be aware of our rules when making such comments. 1.1.1. Insult any forum members or forum staff. 1.1.2. Start or participate in flame wars, intentionally derail a topic, or post useless spam messages in moderated areas.
medal medal medal

58 minutes ago, Althix said:

they suck, because it is their genetic code. it is their nature.

common ab rb scrubs in sb.wrpl

unlikely genetics, if the reason for a new Player to suck is the fact that he is new.

You didn't start WT with any experience either, so just bar new Players from joining SB? not very useful. They also won't learn SB by playing AB/RB... So a beginners SB section wouldn't be too bad.

You'll have People who are bad at their Jobs in all walks of life... complaining about it won't Change anything. Actually it's Counter productive as you could spent this times dealing with Problems.

Take the classical People crashing on takeoff... look what planes they are in tell them how to start it. be calm, not aggressive no "i'm a pro" BS... that will only make them defiant wich is hindering progress.

And you will always have the ones not understanding you in Chat who are Shooting at friendlies... give them 3 warnings then take them out.

• Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

i had an experience with shooters, and wt is not some exception. it is a shooter. if a player who has a tier 4-5 tanks and still can't id a target, that means this player mentally challenged in one way or another or perhaps video games is not his thing. for example i can't create music, so i don't even try.

i am ok with them being a cannon fodder, in  this way they at least have some purpose. but when these scrubs actually do harm, that's another thing. for example i lost my centurion to a guy with 3800+ sb battles.

lost cause this one.

Edited by Althix

plasot (Posted )

Don't insult other players.
medal medal medal

Or they just migrated from AB/RB... or they simply made a one off mistake... was this guy someone teamkilling you regularly?

While i agree that i'm more confused when tanks do These things... as tanks are significantly easier to use, also you have all the time in the world to ID (wich planes have not)

But even those terrible Players might have fun in this game... so you can't stop them. In These case you Need to adapt to the Situation... treat everyone as a potential teamkiller... act accordingly. Can't be too hard in a tank... takes Little effort in planes to watch friendlies as well as enemies... if it Looks like they are going to engage you, go defensive... better safe than sorry... if they take shots at you, you can take them out. As you said most of These People are also cannonfodder... so as Long as they don't get a lucky shot in you should be able to deal with the Situation. Teamkills aren't a higher power, you have methods to deal with them.

Yes you shouldn't have to, but you also shouldn't have to lock your door as stealing is illegal, but it's still stupid not to.

• Upvote 3

I've played thousands of Sim battles, and have the M60/T54 1951 so I've played plenty of T4/5. On Sunday morning, I put a round into a T44-100 while in my T54 1947, crippling it and then it was finished off by the enemy (so I got to hide my shame). In the split second I saw it, my brain saw 'small, side skirts, long gun' and thought 'Centurion!'. Mistakes happen.

• Upvote 1
medal

1 hour ago, DerGrafVonZahl said:

if it Looks like they are going to engage you

he shot me in the back, 1 second after i killed a t54. should i murder my entire team on spawn to be safe? so when i took off on my Sea Fury ~ 1 minute after he teamkilled me, he said "sorry." it is like the information with a tremendous effort actually reached his brain and he realised what he did. this game is not that hard ffs.

a later it results in russian bias and some other nonsense. because obviously this is not his fault that he is a terrible player with zero understanding of what he is doing. and it takes only one such dumbass to ruin a game session not only for let say me, but for entire team.

And problem with this situation is that not only he will not be punished in any way, because of tk policy of Gaijin, but also today or tomorrow he will tk somebody else.

So. maybe you will show some of you guys pupils, i just wanna know how this education program of yours going.

55 minutes ago, *backspace340 said:

Mistakes happen.

dude... i don't want to be rude. please leave confessions to the people who would understand.

Edited by Althix

plasot (Posted )

Stick to the point, there is no reason to try insult your opponent.
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

12 minutes ago, Althix said:

he shot me in the back, 1 second after i killed a t54. should i murder my entire team on spawn to be safe?

Take DEFENSIVE measures, killing your own Team wouldn't be a defensive measure... When the friendly actually takes a shot at you than you can engage him.

No but shots don't come out of nothing... you are able to see a friendly aiming at you do you? You are able to angle your tank?

When the teamkiller bounced his shot you take him out. You wouldn't turn your back towards an enemy... if you get teamkilled that regularly, then you should be careful with your teammates as well.

Trusting your teammates in good faith, is a nice idea in theory, and as tanks are idiot proof, there will always a teamkiller be able to hit you but you can reduce the instances. but if you want to cry on the Forums about your teammates, wich won't Change anything go ahead... but don't expect to be taken seriously.

12 minutes ago, Althix said:

dude... i don't want to be rude. please leave confessions to the people who would understand.

yes... of course, he confessed a one of mistake... he obviously is a Ace because human error never happens...

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Althix said:

it wasn't a mistake, it was a failure. he failed to id a target, when barrels of t-44-100 and cent are different.

but he still decided to take a shot.

it was a mistake that let to a failure... he did something worng unintentionally.

Human error happens all the time (in a game it should worry you that much). How is that not a mistake?

• Upvote 3

22 hours ago, DerGrafVonZahl said:

Take DEFENSIVE measures, killing your own Team wouldn't be a defensive measure... When the friendly actually takes a shot at you than you can engage him.

No but shots don't come out of nothing... you are able to see a friendly aiming at you do you? You are able to angle your tank?

When the teamkiller bounced his shot you take him out. You wouldn't turn your back towards an enemy... if you get teamkilled that regularly, then you should be careful with your teammates as well.

Trusting your teammates in good faith, is a nice idea in theory, and as tanks are idiot proof, there will always a teamkiller be able to hit you but you can reduce the instances. but if you want to cry on the Forums about your teammates, wich won't Change anything go ahead... but don't expect to be taken seriously.

yes... of course, he confessed a one of mistake... he obviously is a Ace because human error never happens...

Just :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: This is getting beyond ridicules, how about you who have NO IDEA about tanks play (yes you dont have a clue, you dont play tanks properly AND you are VERY bad at tanks) stop theorycrafting ?  Defensive measures when I got shot in the back ? No I dont know if the tank behind me is aiming at something in front or he just using free look to look around and his turret just happened to look in my direction or million other reason why he might look like aiming at me. Angle tank from behind ? Does not work sunshine. Turn my tank around and angle against MAY BE idiot and show enemy my back ? Great advice by great player I see. Just go away, you are not a tanker, you suck at tanks, you dont know about tanks, just go away please. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DerGrafVonZahl said:

it was a mistake that let to a failure... he did something worng unintentionally.

Human error happens all the time (in a game it should worry you that much). How is that not a mistake?

Just... please stop replying to them. Their reasoning isn't deserving of actual replies, and the back-and-forth will never end since they sit there as Übermensch (and here I thought Russians were against that German idea!) without flaws and think that anyone less skilled than them are subhuman and not worthy of existing in their presence.

• Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal