Updated Combined Simulator Battles

1 hour ago, Schindibee said:

Wonderful! I once had a long sugegstion about exactly that, and I'm very happy it's been taken care of!!! Many thanks to the devs's!

What I'd still like to point out though - maybe for future consideration -  is that Mixed Sim would also benefit from sepoarating the Teams even more: Today and with the new, much appreciated rotation, Allied Teams consist of vehicles of all three allied nations, but it's not very realistic to find a battlefield where all those Aliies also fight together (ok, one could argue with lend-lease vehicles on the Eastern front, but also that was quite limited...).

So what I'd hope could be considered for the future is to add even more sets, perhaps US/UK vs. GER different from USSR vs. GER?  = )

I would like that too, but it would split the SB players base even further. We sadly lack players in SB to get some cool and more historical options.

I would love daily historical events i.e. 

• Upvote 2
medal medal

9 minutes ago, vikingrGER said:

I would like that too, but it would split the SB players base even further. We sadly lack players in SB to get some cool and more historical options.

I would love daily historical events i.e. 

Yes, that's one possible way to look at it.

But then the other view could be that with more realistic vehicle sets separated by theater, actually more people would flock to SB!

• Upvote 2

This will definitely help with the current confusion with the current rotation schedule.  This worked really well for Air Battles rotations during Old Sim.

Speaking of which, I'd love to see the Old Sim Air Battles rotation return alongside Historical EC events (like in December).  So we can play EC but also play Old Sim to get our skins unlocked.

• Upvote 3
medal medal

post-11150-Grumpy-Cat-GOOD-and-NO-memes-

Certainly a step in the right direction.  The worst thing (or one of the worst things) about the current SBGF arrangement is it makes it nearly impossible for entry-level players to start their War Thunder experience playing SB out of the box.  

This results in either A) people finding it extremely difficult to progress through the tech tree using only SB, forcing them to play other modes (or forcing them to play other games while they wait on a favourable rotation, OR B) people in vehicles as high as T5 whom have never played an SB game hopping into to a late-war matchup and TKing half of their own team, because they haven't learned to (gradually) ID each and every tank in the lineups.

I'm telling you right now that I would've put War Thunder in the bin if I had logged as a newcomer, just to find that I could only use my T1 tanks about once every fourteen days.

This doesn't substitute a permanent low-level lineup, but certainly should afford more chances for people to play them.  It is, in my opinion, less frustrating to get TK'd whilst driving a PzII than it is in a (15k lion repair bill) Panther II

• Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

theoretically we should have permanent each level but there are not enough people to fill them all so rotation is OK-ish. Maybe we can get a compromise - 1 rotation for 1, 1-2, 2-3, 2nd rotation for 3, 3-4, 4 and 3rd for Cold War part.

If you have one rotation a day with 3 setps in sets 1 and 2 you will never have 2-3 together with 3 or 3-4 so there will never be a split of player-base there. the only "conflict" will be each 6 day when "4" will happen and the same time as "1946" as they have overlapping lienups.

Edited by przybysz86
medal medal medal medal medal

Well, the new lineups seems really good, finally. It is also nice to see that long anticipated second sim event. Altough, before you introduce these changes I would like to propose you some minior improvements:

In my opinion, the 4rank era lineup should be moved to the second event. The first one should have as few setups as possible to let new players actually exp. their tanks.

The second event should also get another (4th setup) with Germans against all other nations. It was nice setup overall, but the only problem was inequality in players per team.

I also think that in the 4th rank event (the one with T-44-100), there should be Jagdtiger added into german lineup. It has only 1 spawn, is slow and on sim maps can be easly outmanoeuvred.

But yep, rly nice to see these changes.

• Upvote 4

I do not deny that - thing is that people with only access to rank 1-2 can play once, twice a week at best while in my system they could have played 4 out of 6 days in rotation.
I think we can justify this playerbase split to allow people playing more often with the tank they want and have.

For example in my case I've tried SB GF and I like it but back when I started playing ground forces I was able to play once every 1,5week or so. This pushed me back to RB and I stayed there. I personally like gradually climb the ladder and despite having I Tiger already unlocked I am yet spading earlier tanks. In presented system if I'd like to play say PZ IVG I can do it only once every 6 days which is not much improvement for me and most likely I will stick to RB as my main GF mode even if I like SB way better. I just play when I like to not when game allows me to.

With rotation twice as often most tanks would be available 2 out of 3 days or ,rarely, 1/3 so yeah - I can deal with the fact that my favorite tank is unavailable at this particular day

I can fully understand your thoughts behind your suggestion and I also think like that. It was more about to clear up about splitting the player base. I really hope Gaijin will support and advertise SB more making it more attractive for both new players and RB players.

The monetary outcome is too low to say the least. This could attract many more players. Also more historical tweaks like sights and stuff could gather some simulation players.

• Upvote 1
medal medal

@Stona I was just looking through some of the lineups and noticed the Sherman Firefly is missing from the Tier 2-3 matchup in the google doc - was this an intended change or simply a typo?  It is in that matchup as we speak and I think still belongs there.  Given that Germany gets the KV-1B among several other captured Tier 3 vehicles, as well as the Dicker Max, why was the Firefly removed if it really was?

Edited by *GateNomes
medal medal

IL-28... i have some concerns about this plane, even if soviets are lacking cas capable planes, i'm afraid that IL-28 will turn out to be 3000 kgs bomb with assault fuse deliverer.

we also don't how it is gonna drop bombs, i don't want spacebar warriors in sb, they plague rb and i want them to stay there. if it's gonna be bomb-sight only - well it is kinda ok, but with virtual crosshair? no, thank you very much.

Edited by Althix
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

Ideally each tank should appear at least every other day. If someone have to still wait 3-4-5 days to play the same tank again then it's not exactly good. Especially for guys who need to grind modules or are in general new to SB.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Althix said:

IL-28... i have some concerns about this plane, even if soviets are lacking cas capable planes, i'm afraid that IL-28 will turn out to be 5000 kgs bomb with assault fuse deliverer.

we also don't how it is gonna drop bombs, i don't want spacebar warriors in sb, they plague rb and i want them to stay there. if it's gonna be bomb-sight only - well it is kinda ok, but with virtual crosshair? no, thank you very much.

It has cockpit, so there should be no virtual crosshair. I still wonder how will it turn out, Il-28 used to be the best soviet "fighter" in EC5, because tail gunner... 

As other people stated, plane line up need some changes (Doras, P-38, Skyraider, my kingdom for a Skyraider). Maybe one rank 4 without T-44-122 spam?  

Generally, I really like this change. Two events at a time are much better, also the fact it will rotate during days, as I can play only during weekends.

Edited by Lukas_SVK
medal medal

Expanded my list by adding Hs 123, M.C.200 serie 3 and 7, and I-153 to rank 1, SB2C-1c to rank 2-3, P-38G-1 to rank 3, Yak-3 to rank 3-4 and rank 4, added He 162 A-2 to first rank 5 event, and removed the IL-28 from rank second 5 event.

I really share the worry about the IL-28 btw. It has a tremendous payload with the capability to carry a completely cap-zone-wiping 3000kg bomb, and with the speed it can come in no one will have time to react. It simply doesn't fit into mixed battles the way the battles are designed.

Edited by Cpt_Inkognito
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal