Stona

Updated Combined Simulator Battles

85.jpg

Dear players,

Very soon we will be making some changes in the rotation and line-ups for combined ground and air battles in SB.

Now players will have 2 event options available: first - 1 of 6  variants for basic rotation (ranks I-IV) and one of the additional 2 variants for rank V vehicles (1 per day). Thus players will have more available vehicles.

Check the current line-up table and schedule. The new rotation for ranks I-IV will consist of 6 subsequent steps:

[rank 1] [ranks 2-3] [ranks 1-2] [ranks 3-4] [rank 3] [rank 4] etc.

One step is 24 hours, since there are 6 steps, each week the specific steps will move naturally to a different day of the week.

Additional variants for rank V will be changed once a day - with two steps total.

We are waiting for your constructive feedback!

• Upvote 17

I wish we can get constant "Cold War 1950" EC variant for "planes only" mode. It would fix the "overstretched" EC5 that make late props facing top jets. At the same Time EC5 should top at around 1947-48 at best. + this cold war EC would fix sabres fighting sabres and migs fighting migs

But to subject at hand - I like it. I understand difficulty in allowing German Mig into the mix but I'd like to see it (check above). Also - Why not allow japan Sabre into the "west" team?

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal

4 minutes ago, przybysz86 said:

But to subject at hand - I like it. I understand difficulty in allowing German Mig into the mix but I'd like to see it (check above). Also - Why not allow japan Sabre into the "west" team?

Probably because Japan doesn't have its Ground Forces yet. Similarly, the UK didn't have its aircrafts in combined SB until their armored units have been introduced. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Should you add the Conqueror and Centurion mk.10 to the last lineup?

Edited by Snake509

1 minute ago, Avarik said:

Probably because Japan doesn't have its Ground Forces yet. Similarly, the UK didn't have its aircrafts in combined SB until their armored units have been introduced. 

I know that this is most likely the reason but ... why not change it? :D

medal medal medal

Sounds like a very nice change :good: While I really hoped for low tier battles for every day (tier 1 and 1-2), this might be actually as good as it would had been.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

Well goodbye Enduring Confrontation. I can guarantee you that all the jet SB players will be hopping over to combined arms now to avoid the broken mess that is enduring confrontation.

• Upvote 3
medal medal

Question:
How is Me.262A-1a an 1950 cold war plane? There are more like that -this is just an example

medal medal medal

4 minutes ago, JG3_Luftwaffle said:

Well goodbye Enduring Confrontation. I can guarantee you that all the jet SB players will be hopping over to combined arms now to avoid the broken mess that is enduring confrontation.

dude, they are playing with us for a several months now.

medal medal medal

Just one more please.

Just 1 more option.

If you make it 3 event options for combined sim then you can avoid having every match involving all 4 nations.

I'd like to get a combined arms where its british vs germany only or russia vs germany only and the choice of units is less scattershot, instead you can bring the choice of vehicles in a bit closer to what it was like during the chronicle events and less everything + the kitchen sink.

But to achieve that you need at least 3 event options

Definitely a step in the right direction to give people something to play while rank V stuff is up! Good one!

For feedback on lineups however, there are a few things I am not entirely happy with, mostly because there is such a discrepancy between tank and plane introduction dates (of the variant used in-game), and of excessive ground attack capability of planes, as well as too similar lineups especially for planes, with strange and boring progression of plane models:

Rank 1 event

Evidently an early-war event, roughly 1940-1941, where Germany has a very strange total air superiority with Bf 109 E-3s and E-4s, Bf 110s, and MC 202s against Hurricanes and I-16s.

A BIG PROBLEM IN THIS EVENT IS THAT THE AA GUNS HAVE HVAP/APCR! THEY ABSOLUTELY WRECK HALF OF THE TANKS IN THE EVENT FROM THE FRONT. REMOVE HVAP FROM AA VEHICLES SO THAT THEY AREN'T THE PREMIERE CHOICE IN THE EVENT SIMPLY BECAUSE AP SHELLS PASS STRAIGHT THROUGH THEM WITHOUT DETONATION, AND BECAUSE THEIR TURRET TRAVERSE IS DOUBLE THAT OF THE ACTUAL TANKS.

The event should see the following vehicles added:

Hs 123 A-1

I-153 M-62

M.C.200 serie 3

M.C.200 serie 7

Spitfire Mk.Ia

Spitfire Mk.IIa

Yak-1 (a bit unsure about this, but should probably work)

Zhukovsky's I-153 M62

Rank 1-2 event

Event appears to be in general a 1941 to 1942 event. Several sensible planes missing, some "too good" included. For some completely (and I mean COMPLETELY) impossible-to-understand reason the event even includes the P-47D-25 (which BOTH is best ground attack plane in the entire event, and so good as a fighter it is on par with Germany's best, AND is from 1944)!!!!!

The event should see the following vehicles removed:

Bf 109 G-2

Bf 109 G-2/trop

P-47D-25

Bf 109 F-1

Bf 109 F-2

La-5

M.C.202

Spitfire Mk.Vb

SBD-3

Rank 2-3 event

The mode too brings disproportionally powerful fighter-bombers considering the armour of the tanks (most notably good Typhoons), as well as including fairly late-war fighters for no real reason. It feels weird when most of the tanks are from 1941-1943, and the planes are from 1942 to late 1944.

Typhoon Mk.Ib

Typhoon Mk.Ib/L

Spitfire LF Mk.IX

Bf 109 G-6

The event should see the following vehicles added:

Fw 190 A-1

A-36

P-38G-1

SB2C-1c

Rank 3 event

Appears to roughly be a ~1943 event (starting to get a lot of time-spread here though), i.e. basically Battle of Kursk. It is still silly with too high-performing fighter-bombers. (We really need stuff like the P-47C, with its single center-line 500 lbs bomb)

Bf 109 G-10

Bf 109 G-14

P-47D-25

P-47D-27 (prem)

P-47D-28

P-51D-5

P-51D-10

P-51D-20

Spitfire FR Mk.XIVe

P-38G-1

P-38J-15

Rank 3-4 event

1944-event here. Starting to get hard to decide what is too good on the ground now too (looking at you, SU-100!), but overall this event is pretty good. Difficult with balance between number of spawns though, and advantageous/disadvantageous spawn positions is REALLY noticeable with the extreme sniping power that this rank includes. There are however a couple of planes that have a way too good combination of ground attack capability and fighter performance, even though they aren't necessarily later in date of use than other planes in the event.

P-47M-1-RE

Spitfire F Mk.XVIIIe

P-38J-15

P-38L-5-LO

Yak-3

Rank 4 event

Tempest Mk II

Fw 190 D-9

Jagdtiger

P-38L-5-LO

P-51D-10 (no reason for it to be removed if the D-5 and D-20 still are there)

Yak-3

Rank 5 "Cold War" 1946 event

He 162 A-2

La-7B-20

M41A1

Me 262 A-1a

P-80A-5

Yak-15

Yak-15P

Yak-17

Rank 5 "Cold War" 1950

Tricky thing with especially the IL-28. It feels BRUTALLY overpowered for the event since its massive 3000kg bomb can wipe even the heaviest tanks off the map and clear entire cap zones. Especially since armour goes DOWN with top tier tanks (MBT concept) compared to earlier heavy tanks. The MiG-15s certainly have enough payload with 2x 250kg bombs to act as good ground attack, the IL-10 can hit more targets with a higher count of ground attack munitions. Maybe the Tu-2S variants should be added to give harder-striking ground attack that wouldn't be too OP at that tier? They were certainly in service in Korea.

IL-28

AD-2 Skyraider

Centurion Mk.10

M41A1

Edited by Cpt_Inkognito
  • Upvote 14
medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Cpt_Inkognito said:

Rank 1 event

A BIG PROBLEM IN THIS EVENT IS THAT THE AA GUNS HAVE HVAP/APCR! THEY ABSOLUTELY WRECK HALF OF THE TANKS IN THE EVENT FROM THE FRONT. REMOVE HVAP FROM AA VEHICLES SO THAT THEY AREN'T THE PREMIERE CHOICE IN THE EVENT SIMPLY BECAUSE AP SHELLS PASS STRAIGHT THROUGH THEM WITHOUT DETONATION, AND BECAUSE THEIR TURRET TRAVERSE IS DOUBLE THAT OF THE ACTUAL TANKS.

You shouldn't take ALL thier AP ammo. But i'm pretty sure that 5-10% of maximum load could stay as AP if they need to defend themselves from spawn camping enemy tanks. So they will not be defenceless but such small amount would not let them charge tanks.

And i don't think it would be difficult to code and implement.

Actually i think that should apply to all ranks AAA. So they fulfill they primary role - anti AIRCRAFT.

Edited by Amyel
Posted by mistake when not finished typing :)
  • Upvote 2
medal

9 hours ago, Amyel said:

You shouldn't take ALL thier AP ammo. But i'm pretty sure that 5-10% of maximum load could stay as AP if they need to defend themselves from spawn camping enemy tanks. So they will not be defenceless but such small amount would not let them charge tanks.

And i don't think it would be difficult to code and implement.

Actually i think that should apply to all ranks AAA. So they fulfill they primary role - anti AIRCRAFT.

you should just make HE belts standard (not mixed) and AP belts in SPAA very, very expensive so that you won't earn money with them for once. They should be for self deffence only.

Edited by przybysz86
medal medal medal

This looks rather nice (too good to be true, in fact) - thanks!

Notes / wish list:

• German Mig-15 added to the Warsaw Pact side of the top rank Cold War event
  • early jets (P-80, first Meteor, first two Me-262s, He-162, first Mig-9 and Yak-15) added to either the late WW2 event (mix in some more super props in that case as well) or the '46 Cold War event (or even both)
  • first F8F seems to be missing
  • FW190-Ds and Ta-152s added to the late WW2 event
  • PT-76 and ASU-85 removed from all the WW2 events since they're rather immersion breaking and people now get to play them every other day in their proper environment in the '50 Cold War event anyway
  • give back big maps for GFs
  • Upvote 3
medal

Wonderful! I once had a long sugegstion about exactly that, and I'm very happy it's been taken care of!!! Many thanks to the devs's!

What I'd still like to point out though - maybe for future consideration -  is that Mixed Sim would also benefit from sepoarating the Teams even more: Today and with the new, much appreciated rotation, Allied Teams consist of vehicles of all three allied nations, but it's not very realistic to find a battlefield where all those Aliies also fight together (ok, one could argue with lend-lease vehicles on the Eastern front, but also that was quite limited...).

So what I'd hope could be considered for the future is to add even more sets, perhaps US/UK vs. GER different from USSR vs. GER?  = )

• Upvote 4

49 minutes ago, laachta said:

This looks rather nice (too good to be true, in fact) - thanks!

Notes / wish list:

• German Mig-15 added to the Warsaw Pact side of the top rank Cold War event
  • early jets (P-80, first Meteor, first two Me-262s, He-162, first Mig-9 and Yak-15) added to either the late WW2 event (mix in some more super props in that case as well) or the '46 Cold War event (or even both)
  • first F8F seems to be missing
  • FW190-Ds and Ta-152s added to the late WW2 event
  • PT-76 and ASU-85 removed from all the WW2 events since they're rather immersion breaking and people now get to play them every other day in their proper environment in the '50 Cold War event anyway
  • give back big maps for GFs

well said. In fact early jets (especially German ones) should be totally removed from "1950" version of Cold War.

Also after further checking:

-add I153 in rank 1 (it have rockets)

-Soviets get Il28 and westerners do not get Canberra - either remove Il28 or add B57/Canberra

-Same is true for Ar-234. BTW - we have Ho229 prototype but operational Arado fast bomber is missing.

-Do335? Again - we have Ho229 prototype...

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

Well at least its slightly better than before... still mostly nonsense though. No doras in late war, no early or ww2 jet event, PT76 and ASU 85 cold war tanks still in WW2... but hey Tiger E and Panther 2 are where they should have been long ago.

So about 10% better than before. I give simulator line ups 4 out of 10 marks, crappy but bearable. 

Edited by PakistanHound
medal