Sign in to follow this  
_Kolonel_Klink_

[0045696] [Tank Sim] Gun sights compensate for uneven terrain

Since the last update, I have noticed that all tank sights are horizontally stablised to compensate for uneven terrain. This should not be the case for simulator battles, unless the player's tank is supposed to have a stablisied gun sight. I hope I can explain with some pictures.

Previously, if your tank was on the side of a hill, the gun sight would have a horizontal tilt equal to the slope of the terrain.

Here we have a PZ. III M, the gun is pointing to the raised terrain where I will park the tank's left track on.

8RzffxQ.png

Now the tank is on the uneven terrain

sReQlWm.png

Now we enter the gunner's view. Somehow, the gun sight has magically compensated for the uneven terrain. Part of the tanks armour is visible and it is tilted - the gun sight reticule should be as well, because it is unstablised

D34BYYg.png

2016_07_08_21_35_54__556.clog

DxDiag.txt

FredericusRer (Posted )

Your bug report is approved. Please be aware that after 48 hours, if no response is given, the report will be closed and you will need to resubmit the issue in a new thread. Thank you.
  • Upvote 1
medal

Sorry for delay.

Your information has been forwarded to the developers.
Tracker ID: 0045696

This thread will remain unlocked for one week (7 days) so that anyone with additional information\evidence\examples will have a place to post.
It will also serve as a place where the developers may post questions for you to answer, so please keep up to date here.

Thank you for your help improving the game and your effort. =)

Greeting
FredericusRer

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Hello.

7 days have passed and therefore the topic will now be closed and moved to the appropriate section.
If you believe there is still information that needs to be passed on, please PM a Senior TechMod.

Greeting
FredericusRer

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal