DisconnecT83

Update 12.07.2016 (1.59.2.59)

• Rare bug fixed, where in some mountain locations it was possible that aircraft could spawn at the start of a match directly in front of rock.
  • PS4: The camera position of the gunner on the “Archer” has been fixed.
  • Optimisation of Matchmaking Rules.
  • MAC: Client stability has been improved.

Note: This update applies to PC/Linux/Mac users. If applicable, PS4 Users will receive the update as soon as possible.

The current provided patchnotes reflect the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates and fixes may be not listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving all the time and certain fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

• Upvote 2

TY for Archer fix on PS4!

[EDIT]

And the M2A2 Mae West, ISU-122, ISU-122S and probably more. Nice fixes for the turrets and anti-aircraft machine guns!!!

Thank you!

medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 8. juli 2016 at 11:36 AM, DisconnecT83 said:
  • MAC: Client stability has been improved.

o7

Cool, thanks!

medal

"... where in some mountain locations it was possible that aircraft could spawn at the start of a match directly in front of rock. " - can you specify the map(s) ? or we do not deserve to know the "secret" details ?

why so hard to add a phrase more and give us some little more details ? The players do not deserve this ?

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

On 8. 7. 2016 at 11:36 AM, DisconnecT83 said:
  • <snip>
  • PS4: The camera position of the gunner on the “Archer” has been fixed.

Only PS4 ? I tried Archer in SB and RB* yesterday, and upon switching to optics I was staring into a full sheet of metal. I hope my rig did not turn into a PS4 in secrecy.

*I use the SB-like position for gunner sight in RB

BTW, Is it already time for next compression of the MM/BR ? I thought you said that playerbase is ever growing, and everything is peachy ?

medal

will new MM have any effect in SB EC? My guess is no but I'd like some confirmation.

medal medal medal

• Rare bug fixed, where in some mountain locations it was possible that aircraft could spawn at the start of a match directly in front of rock.

Hmm... This certainly wasn't rare in the past but was "fixed" by moving the spawn backwards (e.g. Honolulu / Battle of Pearl Harbor)

medal medal medal medal

I reread the Matchmaking changes and I'm not sure what the change is, could you instead of giving an example maybe a data sheet and then an example from that data sheet, because right now you just have an example referring to a change that is not fully explained. Please enlighten me :)

Edited by PzGeneralRaus
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal

1 hour ago, przybysz86 said:

will new MM have any effect in SB EC? My guess is no but I'd like some confirmation.

There is a possibility that some vehicles will be taken into consideration when compiling the line up preset , but for the most part  will be unaffected

3 hours ago, jutland_ace said:

Yes , if i could get you to post performance results in Mac area that would be awesome, if you have trouble with this i can take you over it , just pm me  

medal medal

1 hour ago, Jahrain said:

Only PS4 ? I tried Archer in SB and RB* yesterday, and upon switching to optics I was staring into a full sheet of metal. I hope my rig did not turn into a PS4 in secrecy.

Are you saying it's an issue for PC/Mac then please make report here  Report Link

2 hours ago, SENAdmiral said:

"... where in some mountain locations it was possible that aircraft could spawn at the start of a match directly in front of rock. " - can you specify the map(s) ? or we do not deserve to know the "secret" details ?

why so hard to add a phrase more and give us some little more details ? The players do not deserve this ?

will update you soon when get list 

49 minutes ago, PzGeneralRaus said:

maybe a data sheet and then an example from that data sheet

Have passed on suggestion 

• Upvote 1
medal medal

9 minutes ago, Hunternz said:

Are you saying it's an issue for PC/Mac then please make report here  Report Link

PC bug report marked as "known" by tech mods:

Hello, przybysz86.

It's a known issue.
Tracker ID: 0041132

Greeting
FredericusRer

Edited by przybysz86
medal medal medal

49 minutes ago, MadosKan said:

Can someone explain to me in a few simple words how the MM has changed please?

The Rank Limit for matches will be/has been removed from game.. But still be determined based on the Battle Rating of vehicles

• Upvote 1
medal medal

5 minutes ago, Hunternz said:

The Rank Limit for matches will be/has been removed from game.. But still be determined based on the Battle Rating of vehicles

So it's basically even worse than before, thank you.

• Upvote 10
medal medal

5 hours ago, MadosKan said:

Can someone explain to me in a few simple words how the MM has changed please?

5 hours ago, Hunternz said:

The Rank Limit for matches will be/has been removed from game.. 

exactly that: your FW190A4 would meet P51Ds rather than club on rank 2-3 :)

Edited by przybysz86
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal

This is good news, it means for example that I can put the chaffee & M15 CGMC in my 3.7 Sherman lineup for tank realistic battles without being penalized by the matchmaker for it.

2 hours ago, Hunternz said:

so the tempest v (vickers P) tier 4 plane will be able to fly with tier two planes in arcade because it is a 4.0 br.  It's still no threat to the tier 2 planes though since it is a ground attack

Edited by KillerAce4
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

The change of the MM was long overdue. The rank-rule always felt like a relic from old 20-nation-ranks days. I never understood why it was even implemented. Good that it's gone now.

I hope that ranks are now COMPLETELY removed from any matchmaking mechanisms. The rank system not only created problems because of the +/-1 hard cap.

It also let to problems like this (notice that this specific example was before many jets were put to BR 8.0): When you played an BR 6.0 lineup with a T5 plane in it, you got into 6.0-7.0 battles >90% of the time. If you played a BR 6.0 lineup with only T4 planes, you rarely ever faced BR 7.0 enemies, but ended up in BR 5.0 - 6.0 battles most of the time. So the rank also significantly influenced if you ended up more often at the top or the bottom of the BR range. I hope that is not the case anymore, now.

medal medal medal medal medal

So...the clubbing advantage shifts from planes that have too high BR for their rank to planes with too low BR. Best example, Fw-190 A-4 loses a bit on this, allowing it to meet P-38 J/L, F8F-1, P-51-D-5, late Merlin and early Griffon Spacefires and Ki-84-ko, while P-47 now won't be stuck on the bottom of match BR against other rank III planes  with higher BR.

• Upvote 1
medal medal

4 hours ago, przybysz86 said:

PC bug report marked as "known" by tech mods:

This was even bug reported in february, and maybe even earlier as it was aparently an already known bug when I reported it... Weird how this has been fixed for PS4 but forgotten for PC/Mac, this bug is probably what is preventing the Archer for being implemented in Sim mode, something I've been waiting for ages :( ( why my previous post hasn't been approved ? it simply disapeared... )

• Upvote 1
medal medal

3 hours ago, przybysz86 said:

exactly that: your FW109A4 would meet P51Ds rather than club on rank 2-3 :)

Jep it will now face griffons, like it's supposed to, right?

Also don't get me started about the p51s... They're Litterally the most potent planes at this low br.

What another stupid change once again just to compress things even more. Yeah player base is growing I'm sure... Keep going and in a year well be at br 5.0 max and +-3.0 spread, again. 

medal medal

so, flew out in arcade with my 3.7 max br Russian line up,  flying around doing my thing when I get taken out by a MK 14E spitfire (br 5.0 in arcade) would like to know how this is possible?

I always thought the MM was +/- 1

20160712232415_1.jpg

medal