Update 17.06.2016 (Server Update)

This is a server update that will be implemented on the game servers within 24 hours. During this time, bug reports regarding specifics mentioned here and their effect in a battle will not be considered as a bug and as such will not be taken into consideration.

• Additional achievements for British ground forces have been added.
  • The requirements for being awarded some achievements (for aircraft and for ground forces, for example - decals) have been reworked.

Main cannon targeting depends on data coming from 3 main markers - two original and one newly added:

• Large central marker. It does not show where the cannon is aiming, but it shows “the view” from the player and defines a point where the cannon will be “loosely” pointing.
  • New transparent marker. This marker analyzes possible obstacles and shows a point where the cannon will be directed after it stops aiming. It follows the large marker but also takes possible obstacles, gun deflection and elevation angle limits into account.
  • Small opaque marker. It shows where the cannon is aimed at that moment, once it meets the new transparent marker you can be sure that it will hit the target, not an obstacle.

Note: This server update applies to all platforms unless specifically highlighted.

The current provided patchnotes reflect the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates and fixes may be not listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving all the time and certain fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

• The requirements for being awarded some achievements (for aircraft and for ground forces, for example - decals) have been reworked.

We still can't unlock paint for the british tanks that's really sad.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal

We still can't unlock paint for the british tanks that's really sad.

It's a server update which will be implemented on the game servers within 24 hours. That not means it's immediately there.
So, let us wait till the 24 hours are over and then judge.
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Yes , green indicating high percentage of penetration , yellow less % red well you get it :-) still same 

Actually right now there is red for everything in AB (at least for me) I don't know if anybody have the same issue.

medal medal medal medal

Actually right now there is red for everything in AB (at least for me) I don't know if anybody have the same issue.

This will be dependent on your line up , what Shell you using and its ammunition penetration value and so on...   BR placement in game .. we do face tanks we cant pen from front , sides sometimes  

You should know this being a vet   :yes:    

​If necessary please post here  http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/forum/573-community-technical-support/ the issue

medal medal

Main cannon targeting depends on data coming from 3 main markers - two original and one newly added:

• Large central marker. It does not show where the cannon is aiming, but it shows “the view” from the player and defines a point where the cannon will be “loosely” pointing.
  • New transparent marker. This marker analyzes possible obstacles and shows a point where the cannon will be directed after it stops aiming. It follows the large marker but also takes possible obstacles, gun deflection and elevation angle limits into account.
  • Small opaque marker. It shows where the cannon is aimed at that moment, once it meets the new transparent marker you can be sure that it will hit the target, not an obstacle.

All modes?

What is idea behind this change??? transition to merging modes??

It seems to be Arcade hardmode or Simulator easymode ??

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Thanks for heads up, but I had this stuff since Flaming Arrows came out and actually tried to post a suggestion about binoculars and that but sadly I didn't get a response :(

(about those markers)

Edited by CrossEyedN00b
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

This will be dependent on your line up , what Shell you using and its ammunition penetration value and so on...   BR placement in game .. we do face tanks we cant pen from front , sides sometimes  

You should know this being a vet   :yes:    

​If necessary please post here  http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/forum/573-community-technical-support/ the issue

I know that put for example I just did a test (test drive) again with Chieftain the side of the Tiger II H was RED with APDS and HESH round. It should be whatever the range I'm shooting from.

medal medal medal medal

are binoculars following "the view" marker or the "where gun will be aimed" marker? They followed the latter so far which was annoying if I wanted to switch to binocs while driving uphill - all I saw was sky due to limit in gun depression

question 2 - plane SB skins: any changes in requirement or do i still have to kill 150tanks in SB GF (EC do no to count) to get skin?

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

If we need to make a quick snap shot (RB) which circle should be on the target? The two small ones look the same. do we need to wait until the small circles align (both are on the target)? I find this new way of doing it much more confusing than it used to be. 

• Upvote 1

If we need to make a quick snap shot (RB) which circle should be on the target? The two small ones look the same. do we need to wait until the small circles align (both are on the target)? I find this new way of doing it much more confusing than it used to be. 

good - usually that's not how it was done. IRL you waited till sights were on target ;)

I know that put for example I just did a test (test drive) again with Chieftain the side of the Tiger II H was RED with APDS and HESH round. It should be whatever the range I'm shooting from.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.   Its only past a certain distance in Test drive and in game correct guys ? Rainbow feel free to add to report 

medal medal

I miss the old aiming system.   Never had any issues with anything when it was just the aim where mouse is pointing. now my aim is getting all messed up and im left wondering if my gunner is just drunk off his ****.  not cool devs NOT COOL. The new aiming system is only creating unrealistic gameplay    The commander designates a target then the gunner aims at it.  Not the gunner aims down at a tree or a rock or the hill when your tank is hull-down and yet in the gunners sights you can clearly see that you can shoot over the obstacle.  Its getting annoying.

http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/313567-player-aim-indicator-jumping-now/         

Edited by hammerfall314
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.   Its only past a certain distance in Test drive and in game correct guys ? Rainbow feel free to add to report 

Only happening above 1 Km (I should still have enough penetration obviously) I had this issue with the 2 vehicles I tested :

Chieftain and STRV 81

I hope the some of the British GF camos can now be unlocked with kills. :)

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/316690-british-gf-camouflages/

Nope

medal medal medal medal

Reworked translated from "gaijinese" in general means increased ... to bad I forgot to learn by heart the old requirements ... a changelog would be very much appreciated .. as always ;)

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

well yes, I mentioned it in my bug report that this only oocurs at far ranges even tho the ability to penetrate the armor is given

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

It's pretty simple actually, the transparent circle is a tool that shows you where your gun will be pointing once it finishes traversing. For example: you  see an enemy to your left but your gun is pointing forward. Naturally, you aim the turret to your left in order to hit the enemy. While the turret is traversing, the transparent marker is already on the target and you can use the time you have until the gun is facing the enemy to better aim your shot, especially if you have a slow turret. When the opaque marker is over the transparent one, you shoot without having to make additional adjustments. It doesn't do much really, only gives you a 1-2 second advantage at most by knowing exactly where the gun will point before it actually faces the enemy.

And it only works in 3rd person mode, the sights weren't changed.

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal

It's pretty simple actually, the transparent circle is a tool that shows you where your gun will be pointing once it finishes traversing. For example: you  see an enemy to your left but your gun is pointing forward. Naturally, you aim the turret to your left in order to hit the enemy. While the turret is traversing, the transparent marker is already on the target and you can use the time you have until the gun is facing the enemy to better aim your shot, especially if you have a slow turret. When the opaque marker is over the transparent one, you shoot without having to make additional adjustments. It doesn't do much really, only gives you a 1-2 second advantage at most by knowing exactly where the gun will point before it actually faces the enemy.

And it only works in 3rd person mode, the sights weren't changed.

Excellent, now it makes sense, thank you very much. Where it looks weird is when you have a fast turret then the two circles kind of follow one another around, feels like you may have drank too much lol. 

Actually I remember seeing this in SB quite a while ago.

Edited by *coder-2010

What does that mean?

Blimey! Is it hard to actually put more information? Every patch it's the same thing, you don't give us information. We even need to (!) dig ourself thr game to find changes.

It'd be really nice to add more information. I know it is possible, since we can find stuff ourself...

• Upvote 2

Should achievements like skins, decals, titles work now in EC mode too? Should I make a bug report if they do not work?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal