SB Air & EC Technical Support

So Tech Mod, are you going to respond to my comment or just ignore it?

I understand that huge walls of text aren't most people's forte but even so the problems in SB Air have synergistically compounded themselves in such a way that a solution THAT big is needed to solve everything.

I'm not angry or anything, just rather curious why you answered other user's posts and ignored mine.

I do apologize there friend, just for future reference if i miss a post anyone makes a simple *Bump* with what you posted quoted  will be enough . 

Most and all things we can go over at a later stage that you have suggested and mentioned in said post , iv yet to go over the link you submitted but its noted. 

Just so you know i'm not 100% here all the time , i have a few duties i do around the place but intend of putting i some work here in due time.

so in short post acknowledged :salute:  

medal medal

So how soon before EC games end in 20 min . .that should be a no brainer.

Can you push for a fix, it has been over a month already and the same problem persists with the new EC maps

This here is somthing that iv had written down on my notepad many months ago when i was around , it's somthing we can certainly look at , how ever the time duration is somthing that might be problematic, that's just a feeling I have. Again myself along with some help will try to cover your questions as best as possable without feeding you guys bulsht.

Twisted i do appreciate your feedback in other areas iv seen you in, i do hope you behave here friend  :Ps 

• Upvote 1
medal medal

Hi there thank you very much for the link and summary , i will have a few questions for you in the up and coming weeks , will send you my contact details via PM email and such things , hope you ok with that 

Sounds great! Looking forward to helping you out.  :salute:

medal medal

I do apologize there friend, just for future reference if i miss a post anyone makes a simple *Bump* with what you posted quoted will be enough .

Most and all things we can go over at a later stage that you have suggested and mentioned in said post , iv yet to go over the link you submitted but its noted.

Just so you know i'm not 100% here all the time , i have a few duties i do around the place but intend of putting i some work here in due time.

so in short post acknowledged :salute:

Np man, I understand the tech mods are probably quite busy. Thx for the response.
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I'm aware that I already posted a suggestion so this time I have a question.

What's the status report on bomber cockpits.

I don't know about other SIM pilots but I just can't fly properly in the virtual cockpit, Its way to disorienting and hard to keep my heading, especially in clouds.

I'm not going to assume that the devs are working on bomber cockpits, this has been confirmed years ago but what's taking so long I can only assume.
Are the devs planning a huge update where all of the bombers and planes lacking a cockpit get one?

I know this is a frequently asked question but with so many new planes, tanks, maps, mehanichs and other new things coming every update one has to wonder why most of the bombers are still lacking cockpits
medal

This here is somthing that iv had written down on my notepad many months ago when i was around , it's somthing we can certainly look at , how ever the time duration is somthing that might be problematic, that's just a feeling I have. Again myself along with some help will try to cover your questions as best as possable without feeding you guys bulsht.

Twisted i do appreciate your feedback in other areas iv seen you in, i do hope you behave here friend :Ps

Regarding games ending too fast, the link from my post addresses this:
- Airbases have separate modules to damage, but cannot be fully destroyed, like irl. Bomber base rewards would be reduced by at least 10% but various point multipliers for hitting certain modules would go into effect (the smaller a target is on the AF the more its worth). The modules are the runway, fuel/ammo storage, crew barracks, hangars, parked AI planes, and clusters of 4-6 flak guns in 4-6 locations near the base. Destroying the first 4 mods would cause various problems for enemy planes using that base.
- If the Air Superiority Point Counter maxes out (at 150k or 300k), the match does not end immediately. Rather all remaining enemies cannot respawn and the ground war stops recieving reinforcements. Then once the last few enemy planes are dead the goal is to push the enemy front completely off the map. Wars are won not in the air, but on the ground in 99.9% of cases (Pacific part of WW2 being the only notable exception), and this mode should reflect this.

There is a game mechanic currently implemented that
is making tier one matches badly unbalanced. This mechanic is
the AI bomber formations. They are only present on the Western
Allies/Soviet side and always cause ticket bleed by bombing 2-3
industrial bases. This puts the Japanese/Germans behind in tickets
early in a match which they seldom recover from. The way to fix
it would be to remove the AI bomber formations completely. They
are of no benefit to the game and completely detrimental to
match balance.

Anyway, good luck in your endevours. I can easily picture you
being crushed from both ends simultaneously and hope you avoid
that fate.

You are the last person who's advice and suggestions should be took in to account, even for a second.

You are a disgrace to this game and the SIM community in general, please be so kind and go back from whichever rock you crawled out of.
  • Upvote 6
medal

As much as he is reviled as a true ABuser in Sim for his previous actions, he does bring up a considerable point in that there are never any "defend bomber formation" missions on your side if you play Axis.

Britain gets Wellys, US gets B-25s, Germany gets He111s/Ju88s, Russia gets Pe-2s, and Japan gets G4M1s.

Another current issue is the behaviour of bots. When a human leaves
a match, the game tries to maintain numerical balance by
adding a bot. This replacement bot sits at the airfield doing
nothing. Some matches eventually have four or five of these
inactive bots sitting on their runway after all enemy humans
have left. This is a dead match that often drags on for an
hour or more.

Consider either making these replacement bots active or grant victory
to the team that has human players remaining. For example,
if the enemy team has no human players, and 15 minutes elapses
on the game clock with no new joiners to the enemy team, then
grant an auto-win for the side with remaining human players.
This would resolve the dead-end match syndrome

Yeah I remember seeing 8 of them sit on one airbase and constantly respawn for the March RB EC event and B29s were farming them.

Personally though, I think matches in EC should NOT end when the last player dies, but rather have a replacement main objective (winning the ground war by pushing the enemy off the map)

@Hunternz can you tell us what are Gaijin's plan to make EC1 as crowded as the other ECs? I and a lot really want to have fun with it but cannot find more than 4-5 people on each team to play. Sometimes you cannot even enter a game session :(

medal medal

@Hunternz can you tell us what are Gaijin's plan to make EC1 as crowded as the other ECs? I and a lot really want to have fun with it but cannot find more than 4-5 people on each team to play. Sometimes you cannot even enter a game session :(

Yes it's rather a graveyard currently , there is work going on , details not privi atm. We can address these issues also when i finally finish up on other things 

​this is what i'm dealing with see attachments. well not just me our team 

medal medal

Busy guy Hunternz,

Question on graphics resolution vs spotting.

4k is beautiful, can't spot at distance.

1k, not so pretty, can see dots across map.

There's a thread on it:

http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/296470-universal-dot-sizescaling-independent-of-resolution/

And this actually IS a technical issue lol.....

• Upvote 1

I have a question regarding the effectiveness of aircraft weapons vs AI light pillboxes and tanks.

The recent changes that started when HEC was last up are downright puzzling. I read in the patch notes that MK103 got nerfed. Yet from my experience its still pretty easy to kill player controlled tanks in GF. Meanwhile, AI Medium and Heavy Tanks are almost indestructible while firing many more rounds at them (even with low ping under 50ms). The shots tend to either clip into the ground (the hitbox for the dirt is roughly 1-2m above the actual dirt) or pass through the AI tanks and do no damage.

What exactly is the point here of changing the hit detection and DM of AI Tanks when AI Tanks cannot whine on the forums? Was it to spite the Horten 229 in Air RB, because if so then the devs should realize that before the nerf enemies were generally smart enough to intercept them before they could finish off all the tanks. So there was no problem and things weren't actually broken anymore. This nerf has rendered any and all MK103 armed attackers to be almost worthless in air forces. So yeah I'm more than a little pissed off, since I spent money on talismanning the B6R3 only to have it's only real advantages (accuracy in Sim with the main guns and powerful main guns to wreck GTs/bombers) get taken away.

Honestly, Gaijin should stop messing with stuff that was already fine beforehand. The player base complained about Hortens lawnmowing many months ago before it was raised to 8.0 BR in RB and long after people adjusted to deal with them THEN GJ decides to nerf its guns on a whim when nobody was even asking for it anymore?

And if they want to have more dedicated customers then they should have an "after-patch refund" option if whatever your favorite plane is got nerfed to useless status that made your money spent now wasted. The 410B6R3 cannot kill AI Tanks even remotely easily anymore and it can't keep its guns on target to even THINK about hunting bombers (excessive wobble when rolling). Plus its lacking multiple armament options:
- Trading the MG151/20 cannons in the stock version for MG151/15 anti-armor cannons
- An option to mount 4 MG151/15 or 20mm in the bomb bay
- An option to mount 2 more MG151 15 or 20mm in a belly gunpod below and behind the bomb bay
- wing hardpoints for 3x 21cm rockets under each wing outboard of the engines or 2x 250kg bomb hardpoints
- An option to carry a single 1000kg bomb internally or a single 1800kg bomb externally or 1-2 improved torpedoes externally
- An option to carry 6x 21cm rockets in the bomb bay via a rotating rocket launcher.
- Options to mount 2x MK108 cannons in the bomb bay and/or belly gunpods
- Option to mount 2x MK103 in a belly gunpod
- Options to mount manually guided weapons such as Ruhrstahl X4, Fritz X, Hs-293, or Hs-294 (up to 2 of the X4 or 1 of any of the latter, guidance systems would be mounted in the bomb bay).

A plane prized for its flexibility irl lacks the majority of its armament options for reasons not stated by GJ. Yes perhaps if it was able to mount any of these it would be OP in Ground Forces (the perfect combo would be 6x 21cm under the wings, 2x MG151/15 in upper bays, and 4x MK103 in bomb bay and belly gunpods) but that's why it would need a different BR for GF only.

Please fix the 410 to its pre-1.57 state. Un-nerf the MK103 in Air Forces ONLY. It wasn't really broken, so why did the devs have to try and fix it?

MaybeMaybeNot (Posted )

Noted

- Trading the MG151/20 cannons in the stock version for MG151/15 anti-armor cannons
- An option to mount 4 MG151/15 or 20mm in the bomb bay
- An option to mount 2 more MG151 15 or 20mm in a belly gunpod below and behind the bomb bay
- wing hardpoints for 3x 21cm rockets under each wing outboard of the engines or 2x 250kg bomb hardpoints
- An option to carry a single 1000kg bomb internally or a single 1800kg bomb externally or 1-2 improved torpedoes externally
- An option to carry 6x 21cm rockets in the bomb bay via a rotating rocket launcher.
- Options to mount 2x MK108 cannons in the bomb bay and/or belly gunpods
- Option to mount 2x MK103 in a belly gunpod
- Options to mount manually guided weapons such as Ruhrstahl X4, Fritz X, Hs-293, or Hs-294 (up to 2 of the X4 or 1 of any of the latter, guidance systems would be mounted in the bomb bay).

A plane prized for its flexibility irl lacks the majority of its armament options for reasons not stated by GJ. Yes perhaps if it was able to mount any of these it would be OP in Ground Forces (the perfect combo would be 6x 21cm under the wings, 2x MG151/15 in upper bays, and 4x MK103 in bomb bay and belly gunpods) but that's why it would need a different BR for GF only.

Please fix the 410 to its pre-1.57 state. Un-nerf the MK103 in Air Forces ONLY. It wasn't really broken, so why did the devs have to try and fix it?

The only reason I think we don't have these as an option is because, other than the bomb loads which should be added, these anarment options you are talking about are all either Rüstsatz (field modification kits) or Umrüst-Bausätze (factory modification kits) and for some reason Gaijin decided to add Me410s equipped with either of these modifications as their own unlockable variants, probably to have more planes in the game but a more likely reason is that it would be hard to balance these planes.

If let's say a Me 410 B2 could fit all of the U (Umrüst-Bausätze) & R (Rüstsatz) kits, what BR would you put it at considering it could have up to 4x20mm MG151s & 2x30mm MK108s/MK103s equipped avalible as a loadout?
And thoes are just the field modifications, if the you could choose the factory modifications you could have a the 50mm BK cannon on top of all that.

Since diffirent loudouts don't affect a planes BR (spawn points aside) there would be no way to effectively balance the Me410 if we had all the field and factory mods avalible to choose from.

Its sad because this could have worked if Gaijin just made BR change depending on chosen loadout but hey, the Me 410s are still the best heavy fighters/attackers in the game so I'm not complaining.
medal

The only reason I think we don't have these as an option is because, other than the bomb loads which should be added, these anarment options you are talking about are all either Rüstsatz (field modification kits) or Umrüst-Bausätze (factory modification kits) and for some reason Gaijin decided to add Me410s equipped with either of these modifications as their own unlockable variants, probably to have more planes in the game but a more likely reason is that it would be hard to balance these planes.

If let's say a Me 410 B2 could fit all of the U (Umrüst-Bausätze) & R (Rüstsatz) kits, what BR would you put it at considering it could have up to 4x20mm MG151s & 2x30mm MK108s/MK103s equipped avalible as a loadout?
And thoes are just the field modifications, if the you could choose the factory modifications you could have a the 50mm BK cannon on top of all that.

Since diffirent loudouts don't affect a planes BR (spawn points aside) there would be no way to effectively balance the Me410 if we had all the field and factory mods avalible to choose from.

Its sad because this could have worked if Gaijin just made BR change depending on chosen loadout but hey, the Me 410s are still the best heavy fighters/attackers in the game so I'm not complaining.

BR would have to be flexible for a plane with that many modifications and armaments to be truly balanced. It would start at 3.7-4.7 and go all the way to 5.7 with the best combinations of guns and ordinance. Considering that it doesn't really outperform any fighter it is tiered with in any way except visibility (and that's only in Sim), it doesn't need a sky-high BR for "overwhelming armament" reasons. Sure it would potentially be the best attacker ingame bar none, but fighters at that tier would easily be able to shoot it down (even in Sim, provided they don't tail sit it and have a good aim). A 410 with a solid aim would be able to kill up to 9 player tanks in one flyout with the rockets alone, possibly more with all the MK103 AND the underwing rockets. It would be worse than the Horten 229 by far.

Though if MG131s got their historical high explosive rounds then 410s would suddenly become a huge problem as bad as B25s currently are. Imagine those instagibbing planes with ease and people crying "German Bias". Do217 bombers would be similarly a nuisance, though it's less of a problem now that airbases are close to their original HP amounts again.

But, regarding technical support, AI Tanks have horrible hit registration even with good ping. The AI Tanks should be changed back to how they were before mid-1.57. Oneshotting them with MK103 was anything but game breaking. People ranted about the Dorito but in all honesty the thing is food for any half-decent Beercan/Tempest II/Griffon Spitfire pilot that keeps watch on their side's ground units. The Horten's wing root mounted guns mean that it can't really kill tons of them in a single pass like nose mounted guns could, and it has literally zero armor, plus the wing rip.

Busy guy Hunternz,

Question on graphics resolution vs spotting.

4k is beautiful, can't spot at distance.

1k, not so pretty, can see dots across map.

There's a thread on it:

http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/296470-universal-dot-sizescaling-independent-of-resolution/

And this actually IS a technical issue lol.....

Hahaha cheers for this wil wander over there and have a look .  it is the weekend though :-(

medal medal

Hunternz,

Any way you could get in contact with GJ devs about the problem of AI Tanks not registering hits and AI Light Pillboxes being unnecessarily tanky at times?

The AI Tank Hit Detection problem applies to pretty much all antitank guns such as MK103, BK 3,7, BK5, BK 7,5, and any other similar weapons in other nations.

These guns did not need an indirect nerf since lawnmowing in Sim is already hard to do with vultures camping over battle zones. Can the AI Tank Hit Detection be changed back to what it was before mid-1.57 (problem appeared after HEC was available) for SIM ONLY?

Hunternz,

Any way you could get in contact with GJ devs about the problem of AI Tanks not registering hits and AI Light Pillboxes being unnecessarily tanky at times?

The AI Tank Hit Detection problem applies to pretty much all antitank guns such as MK103, BK 3,7, BK5, BK 7,5, and any other similar weapons in other nations.

These guns did not need an indirect nerf since lawnmowing in Sim is already hard to do with vultures camping over battle zones. Can the AI Tank Hit Detection be changed back to what it was before mid-1.57 (problem appeared after HEC was available) for SIM ONLY?

Going to need a bug report on that one my friend , with the relative info ... or has this been done already ? if so do you have tracker ID  for me to look into the progress?

medal medal

I will make this short :) 3 questions:

1. Any news if and or when the audible engine sound of enemy planes will be reduced / removed?

2. Any news how the FM update of the 190 Doras is viewed from Gaijins point of view? are they pleased with how things are going?

3. Are there BR adjustments planned for the Doras in Sim?

Sorry if the 2. questions is not really your area ;)

Edit: 4. Is there any chance we can get AI planes removed from SB (especially the "Hunters")?

Edited by Operation_Ivy
  • Upvote 4